This hotel is just like the old hotels in London, having older furniture and carpets...
It’s location in the downtown (a 10 min walk from the White House) made it ideal for us, for travailing by foot. However, for those who do not like the idea of old or even a historical places, i suggest you to look for a different newish hotel.
Upon our arrival to the hotel, we were welcomed by a very friendly staff which made the check in quickly and to arrive to our room. The room was consist of older version of furniture that made the room the appearance of an old hotel. The beds were comfortable and the washroom was large and well organized. The hotel's surrounding, as well as the Washington downtown's area were very clean that create the feeling of nice and comfortable.
There were few open restaurants nearby for breakfast and lunch.
Since we came by car on Saturday evening, i had to park the car in the parking areas nearby. Beware of those parking who propose you cheap price ( it was written 10$ for Saturday-Monday), ask them for the overall price (10$ for a day and 31$ for a night...). We learned it later that we could park outside by free until Monday morning (at 07:00 sharp!!).
There is a well organized Metro train system and it was so clean, just like the downtown. We used the Metro for visiting the Air and Space Museum and after that we took the car from the parking area for visiting the other monuments in Washington and later parked outside. Thus, we had to make an early check out (at 06:40), in order to reach to our car before 07:00. We asked the staff to do so and by night we got our receipt.
So if you like some authentic hotel , try this hotel in Washington.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection has been a vibrant social hub in the nation's capital since opening in 1925. Refreshed and contemporary, our historic hotel in Washington, D.C. newly inspires the city for business or pleasure with its premier location on Connecticut Avenue. The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection delights with a timeless luxury found in our sweeping marble lobby, picturesque ballrooms, in-house health club, and luxury-minded guestrooms, offering plush bedding, high-speed wireless internet, and flat screen TV's. Enjoy a culinary delight at our lively American brasserie EDGAR, or step outside to experience the local flavor of Dupont Circle and other nearby attractions. Effortlessly blending historic tradition and modern luxury, The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection is national treasure not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayflower Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Renaissance
- Renaissance Mayflower Hotel
- Mayflower Hotel Dc