“Very comfortable room.”

The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #64 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 15 February 2011

My husband and I spent 5 days here and had a very nice stay. I liked the location of this hotel, as it is near the Metro stop and also quite close to Dupont Circle which has a lot of restaurants and stores. The rooms were very comfortable, clean, large. The large marble bathroom had two sinks and a nice deep soaking tub. We had drinks in the lounge bar upstairs and it was really romantic.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank brinkone2
Write a ReviewReviews (2,650)

Reviewed 8 February 2011

My husband and I stayed at the hotel only one night. We were there to attend a wedding reception that took place at the Mayflower Hotel. We did not use the hotel parking. They charge $45.00 per night. We parked at the PMI parking facility which is located right around the corner on DeSale St. They charge $20.00 per 24 hr period. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. Very elegant. We are Marriott silver rewards members and upon checking in they let us know that we had been upgraded to an executive suite. It is a very nice room with a large sitting area. The bathroom had very nice Aveeda products. I found the bed to be a bit hard for me. My husband was fine with that as he tends to prefer a harder bed. The only thing that was missing in the room was a safe, which I found odd. I had to lock a few items in my suitcase instead. We did not eat at the restaurants in the hotel but of course we did enjoy a rather lavish reception. The food was wonderful. I assume the food that they do serve in their restaurants must be of very good quality. The hotel has so much history to it. I think that it would be an excellent choice while staying in Washington DC.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2011

We stayed at the Mayflower to see DC and visit the memorials and museums. It's not as close as some hotels but it was so cold that we needed taxis anyway. It is a lovely hotel. The grandeur is still there and it is maintained very well- not for those who like modern and immaculate but for those of us who love history, charm and elegance. The staff were very efficient and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2011

My stay at the Mayflower was truly enjoyable. Being during the summer the hotel was packed. They upgraded me free of charge from a king room to a suite. Spaciousness was outstanding. Bed very comfortable. Quiet. Excellent furnishings. Great food!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I travel weekly and depend on Marriott to provide a quality stay - Renaissance is usually a step above the traditional Marriott properties. This hotel is an embarassment to the family of hotels! The service was terrible - room service trays were left in the hall for days, the bathroom was worn and the wood on the door was chipped, and there was no working clock in my room. Hot water was non existent and the room service food was a disappointment.

At more than $250 per night for a conference, this was a big disappointment. It may have history, but if it is not comfortable and providing good service and value, I won't be coming back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank travelqueen1015
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I was staying at the Mayflower for business and will never stay again. I look quite young, but I know my American Express works just the same as all the old men who were staying at this hotel. Not once was the door opened for me, offered to help with my bags, or have anything ready upon check in. I am a platinum member for Marriott and they dropped the ball. After complaining to the hotel via an online form, nothing was done. The manager, Robert, was rude and didn't find anything wrong. I felt embarrassed and worthless. Never again will I stay there. The Marriott on M Street is way better and far more professional.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank rbs299
Reviewed 29 December 2010

The hotel rich in presidential history had great service, a beautiful lobby, a very nice restaurant, a great bar and spacious rooms. The location was right next door to the Farragut North Metro and four blocks north of the White House. I can understand now why Harry Truman called it the second best address in Washington.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business