“What a great staff”

Ranked #79 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Irvine, California, USA
“What a great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I checked in for a conference at the hotel and was given exceptional treatment when the room I had reserved was not available. I was scheduled to stay for 3 nights. Unfortunately after 2 nights I was called away on an emergency and the staff was able to help me arrange transportation, make all the arrangements and then check me out quickly. They were exceptional. Especially Anderson Wright at the front desk. Actually not only did he help me check in and out, but he also gave me a terrific reccomendation for a restaurant. It is often hard for Hotels to give great treatment to conference attendees, however this staff really went the extra mile. The room I had was large and very well done. All in all a great place for a conference.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Sharon L, General Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Ron M,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel and Anderson!

I am sorry that you were unable to stay with us for as long as planned but am thrilled that Anderson was able to provide that special service to help you quickly depart for home.

We do hope that if your plans return you to the East Coast, that you will stop by our city to stay again!

Sharon Lockwood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Alpine, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel because I was attending the tradeshow across the street. It couldn't have been more convenient. The room, while not that large, was quite comfortable. The bathroom fixtures were definitely upgraded, and the shower was terrific. Most of all the bed was extremely comfortable. The view was pretty nice as well, as I got lucky and faced a Western Sunset each night. If I come to Washington DC again next year, I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Dave B,

Thank you for taking the time to write review about the Renaissance, Washington, DC Downtown Hotel. We certainly are so convenient to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and all other sites of our Nation's Capital (all work and no play, etc, etc)

I am thrilled you enjoyed our recently renovated guest rooms as well as we lucky to watch the setting sun each evening from your guest room.

I'm going to hold you to coming back to visit us in the future!

Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Reception was friendly and fast and though our room looked right into offices,it was spacious and clean,it was odd having morning coffee in paper cups but at least one had coffee machines in the room and the coffee itself was delicious,the bathroom was ample,and the water was warm much sooner than in many hotels I,ve stayed in.The hotel is well placed if one is wanting to enjoy the museums,libraries and the more cultural side of Washington,but though there are some shops spotted around,it'll take quite a car trip to get to any malls.With that being said China Town is just around the corner,though I myself haven't ventured far into it,so can't vouch for the shopping.There are plenty of eating places to choose from,as well as a restaurant in the hotel and a Starbucks in the reception area.Altogether it was quite an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Shirley v,

Thank you so much for visiting us from South Africa! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that our guest rooms exceeded your expectations.

We are very convenient to the many sites of Washington, DC; however, if you choose not to walk, our metro subway is very clean and easy to maneuver throughout the city and outlying areas such as Pentagon City (where there is an amazing shopping mall)!

We do hope, if your travels return you to the states and our Nation's Capital that you will choose to stay with us again!

Melbourne Victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I flew in prior to commencing a set tour a few days later. I found my room a little dark and it was absolutely no issue to change it. Desk staff, navigator staff and housekeeping brilliant. I cannot find fault and the construction issue occurs world wide!
Boston a few days later, they were doing road works at the front of that hotel from 10pm til 2am, that's right, 2am!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Baci09
Dear Baci09,

Thank you for staying at the Renaissance, Washington, DC Downtown Hotel before beginning your tour of the United States.

I appreciate your feedback about your original room; however, I am delighted that our reception staff changed your room promptly for you.

You are correct, Washington, DC does have a lot of new buildings added to our horizon; however, I am very glad that we do not experience ALL NIGHT construction as you had mentioned in other US cities.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

There is a lot of construction going on near this hotel. It's in a great location near China Town and the Verizon Center. A drawback, don't get a room facing the main street. Between the construction noise and sirens in the area, you many have trouble sleeping. The hotel is quite nice, I attended a conference and the rooms and spacing was quite nice. As expected for the area, the hotel and restaurants are quite expensive. The bathroom had some cleanliness issues, although overall the room was nice.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room facing the main street, its very loud!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sarvs66
Dear savrs66,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel and your recent experience.

I appreciate the fact that some of our rooms are currently facing a construction site - I'm happy to say that they are at the end of the project and when CityCenterDC is completed, it will have plenty of shops, nightlife and retail that will replace the construction area.

I have shared your experience about your cleanliness concerns with our style department so that they can educate their team on the focus needed in all areas of the guest room.

Despite these opportunities you presented in your review, I do hope that you visit us again in the future!

Tupelo, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

The rooms in this hotel were very roomy and very comfortable. Nice bathroom. The staff was excellent. The navigator was very helpful to us, going beyond the call of duty to help. The lobby was spacious with lots of seating. The location was very good with many restaurants near by.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear msbelle,

Thank you for writing a review about your October stay at our hotel.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your room and our staff - I agree, they are excellent!

Please come back and visit us again!

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Room, bar, lobby, rest, Starbucks etc all nice in central location. Poor form of hotel not to tell guests about construction starting every morning at six. Should be on website. If u can get a quiet room it's an excellent hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear andrewv45,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel and thank you for letting me know the start time of the construction in the area.

I will reach out to the city to inform them of the early start as they are supposed to be quiet until at least 7am on weekdays.

I do apologize that you did experience construction noise that early; please come back and visit next year as they will be completed with the CityCenterDC project which will have 300,000 square feet of retail, restaurants and nightlife!