“Lovely Hotel and Good Location”

Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
Ranked #82 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Well it was hot - really hot (July 4) - and this place was cool. A blessing. Great rooms, location, wifi, lovely bar and hotel amenities. I would like to have stayed here longer to enjoy the sites and enjoy this hotel more.

No free breakfast (in case you wanted to know). Triple share means a roll-away tucked into the room. Disappointed again on this front that you have to move things around (yourself) and squish this in. Definitely must be an odd request in many hotels.

Starbucks downstairs and a small cafe to buy a cold breakfast or snack from. Lots of nooks and lounges to rest in and use the hotel wifi (you have to purchase this service if you want to use it in the room). The staff were helpful and available to answer questions. Great help in finding us one car to take us all to the airport (one car and all that luggage).

Love to go back to Washington and will seek this hotel out again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Sharon L, General Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear PennyJAus,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us in July. I must admit that I WISH it was ... really hot... as we are bracing for 8 inches of snow : )

I'm thrilled that our team was able to take care of you during your stay and was able to find one car to take you and your friends to the airport.

I do hope that you come back and visit us again soon...and that it warms up in DC too!

Sharon Lockwood

Write a ReviewReviews (1,513)

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Renaissance has it all.....nice Executive club with full breakfast and very heavy evening "snacks", one of the best equipped gyms I've seen at a Marriott, sports bar, a more traditional dining room, large-large lobby with lots of "meeting corners," hotel is minutes from anywhere in central DC, plenty of staff floating around the lobby to answer questions.

Room Tip: If you are a Marriott Gold or Platium member you have access to the 2nd floor Exective club -- there...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear DavidA245,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Renaissance, Washington, DC Downtown Hotel.

As an elite member, you must travel to hotels all around the country so your comment, "It has it all" is especially meaningful to us!

We can't WAIT until you return to our hotel!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We thought we'd end our holiday with a little luxury, and Renaissance delivered! It was an amazing room, with terrific views, and also plenty of space! Plus, it had cable TV which was a nice little bonus as there were plenty of sports to take in.

Located right in the center of town, about a 5min walk from the Verizon Centre, and no more than 10mins from the White House, this place had it all. Although it only had free wifi in the reception, there were plenty of seats available, including at the bar. If I ever go to Washington DC again, I'll be staying here!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharon L, General Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear MFC31,

Thank you for writing a review about your experience at our hotel - how exciting that you stayed with us for an "after holiday holiday".

We do hope that your travels return you to Washington, DC so we have the opportunity to pamper you in luxury again!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Professional, courteous, and accommodating staff. Very nice rooms with comfortable beds.Of special note was my experience with the restaurant staff in the hotel lobby .Mr Alberto Fonseca,the manager, was very friendly and conversant. I found Ms Genet a most pleasant and friendly server with a gentle disposition.The host, Ms Zena, was also very pleasant and professional with a radiant smile.The chef, Mr Terry, was nothing short of masterful as he prepared my breakfast. I cannot say enough about this affable gentleman . my overall experience was very nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Sharon L, General Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear ka-Sigma,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I appreciate your feedback on our rooms and your experience with our restaurant staff in 15 Squares.

On your behalf, I am nominating Alberto, Genet, Zena and Terry for Marriott's "Spirit to Serve" award which recognizes ambassadors who provide exemplary service.

Please come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in December as we attended the Military Bowl. We had a fantastic experience and would highly recommend this hotel! The hotel was very busy when we arrived, but the staff was still warm and friendly. The valet parking area was full, but the gentleman out front was very helpful in giving us other options. Even though the front desk area was busy, we were quickly greeted and checked in. The lady who checked us in even took the time to suggest some restaurants and activities within walking distance and provided us with a local map.
The room was clean and updated. Not large, but plenty big enough for the two of us. Even though we were close to the elevator, we did not notice it being too loud.
The hotel staff was very kind and accommodating to all of the fans. There were so many of us, and they made sure we felt welcome. This hotel is very convenient and within walking distance of several good restaurants, the Verizon Center, Chinatown, and a 24 hour Walgreen's. We will be in the area again and are planning to stay here.

Stayed: December 2013

Dear bekahsmom,

Thank you for writing a wonderful review about our hotel during your recent trip to Washington, DC to experience the Military Bowl. First and foremost, congratulations on Marshall's win!

I'm thrilled that our staff was able to accomodate your needs and our reception desk provided you with a few local attractions to discover during your stay.

As your note indicates that you will be back in our Nation's Capital, please do let me know when you plan to return (sharon.lockwood@renaissancehotels.com) so I can personally thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was in a business conference for four days in this hotel and was a great surprise. Very close to the subway and restaurants! The staff was very nice and the wifi was very good as well! Bedrooms are pretty big and very clean and organized. They also had a Hepa purification system and feather free rooms!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Sharon L, General Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am thrilled that our hotel was a great surprise for you!

Even when attending a conference, it is imperative to get out to enjoy all that DC has to offer - and much of the sites, retail and restaurants are just outside our front door!

Please do come back and visit us soon ~

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Our 15th floor room was small, but nice. There were no rooms across the hall, but instead windows. For me the bed was hard and hurt my hips, but was ok for my husband. The staff was friendly and helpful and took the time at check-in to suggest and print out directions to several places. (We were in Washington during the government shut-down which limited our activities.) The elevators were fast & the self-park access was good. However, we left the car in the lot and walked or took a taxi during our two night stay. The sliding door to the bedroom was heavy & noisy. If you left it open just a small amount is would close on it's own. I was able to get a senior rate lower than the rate for the wedding by booking as soon as I received the Save the Date. The brunch provided by the bride's parents at the hotel was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel.

I appreciate the feedback regarding our wonderful staff; I'm glad they were able to provide creative options to you while our government shut down in October.

I received your feedback regarding the sliding door; please let me know what room you were in and I will have our engineers take care of this.

Please do come back and visit us if your travels return you to our Nation's Capital!