I'm in the middle of a 5 night business stay, and it's been a mostly good experience with just a couple of minor annoyances.
Visually, the hotel lobby is a treat, with lots of great-looking seating areas, including some that are delightfully Arabian Nights-ish, and my room is very plush and comfortable. Pluses include:
* comfortable, well-appointed room
* great location - 2 blocks from Gallery Place (red line) Metro, easy walk straight down 9th Street to the Mall, fetching up right at the Hirshchorn and Smithsonian Castle
* very good conference food, MUCH better than the Mayflower
* one very good experience with dining room staff who went above & beyond to bring a pot of hot water to my table for a volunteer who was suffering from a sore throat
* you can't take a hot bath - not only has the water temperature been set to not very hot, but the tub flow has been set so low that the surface cools off as fast as the hot water flows in. If you're someone who likes a good hot bath, this could be a bummer.
* the maids keep clearing away my used towels even though I hang them on the hook with their "enviro" sign saying they'll let me re-use them if I hang them there
* no wifi in the Grand Ballroom, where all of our conference plenaries happen - for a professional communications person who uses Twitter to promote what my organization does, this is a bit of an annoyance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the culture of DC while experiencing true sophistication at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel. When you arrive at our hotel, you will feel as if you have found a hidden gem amongst everything that makes DC exciting. Award winning restaurants, boutique shopping, CityCenterDC, Verizon Center, Spy Museum, Chinatown, National Portrait Gallery and the world-famous National Mall are all steps from our hotel but will feel worlds away once you experience everything we have to offer. Our newly renovated hotel offers five dining options, including a Starbucks Cafe, a vibrant lounge, an onsite day spa and Vida fitness center. Uncover the best of DC with Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, a luxury hotel in downtown DC that strikes the perfect balance of style and substance. Our hotel will leave you wondering how you can be so close to the Washington DC Convention Center, CityCenterDC, and Penn Quarter yet feel as if you've found your next great escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc Hotel
- Washington Dc Renaissance