Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
US$274
US$153
US$148
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$263
US$230
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
US$246
US$126
Official Website
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$228
US$194
Great 4.5/5
US$237
US$194
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$193
US$165
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$195
1,585 results
All reviewsconvention centeraveda productsthe concierge loungelobby barwhite houseattending a conferenceroom serviceself parkwithin walking distancenational mallstreet noisethe room was nicefew blockshousekeeping staffconvenient locationmetro stopvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Okay - I've never rated a hotel based on the service I received while ordering room service, but two delightful dinners through room service - thanks to Marie, who answered my calls, - deserve some accolades. The first weary arrival night I called room service, Marie talked me through my options: yes, the crab cake was baked; yes, it was mostly crab; yes she could make me a great dry martini. She delivered on all counts. So much so that I abandoned my usual sense of adventure and called room service for night two! Thanks, Marie! The room is satisfactory: it's a normal to above-average hotel room. And I find it quiet and welcoming. The white sheets and duvet are uber clean and comfy. I switched room upon arrival from a west view overlooking a parking lot to a delightful view of the Washington Public Library, a gift from Andrew Carnegie in the early 1900s which ready "Science, Poetry, Science," over its arched windows. Ask for a room on sixth floor or higher ending in x14, if you want a lovely, green, European-feeling view.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The location is great, near so many restaurants and in the midst of Chinatown. The decor is very modern and refreshing. The bar scene was hopping. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed in it for the close proximity to the convention center,it was walking distance to most things, but NOISY. We were on the very top floor and I could STILL HEAR drunk people shouting in the weekend. I don't know how that was possible, but the street noise got to us.The interior is nice, but the amenities are not worth 330$/night internet is not free, rooms are average, didn't provide enough towels, no slippers, no ropes. But I loved the gym facility cuz it had everything I needed.

Room Tip: Dont get rooms on the side of the street horrible noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sharon L, General Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Gastronomica_lady,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I certainly agree that our health club facilities are noteworthy and do provide all you need for a tremendous workout.

I certainly understand your frustration that you heard the pulse of the city while you were sleeping. I would love to know what room you stayed in so we can review the sealing of the windows that may have caused this issue. Please do reach out to me at your convenience so we may discuss - sharon.lockwood@renaissancehotels.com.

I do apologize that you did not have an amazing stay at our hotel. I look forward to hearing from you!

Sharon Lockwood

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel located at 9th Street and New York Ave NE Washington was a great experience. Since they knew it was my birthday they treated us royally with a better room, and wine. This hotel is managed by Marriott and we always stay at Mariotts due to their service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at the Renaissance for 2 nights in May for a conference there, and was pleasantly surprised by the nicely-updated guest room and lobby areas. My room was fairly spacious, great desk space to work, good wifi, nice HDTV and comfortable bed. Nicely renovated bathroom with excellent shower. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Good location for business by K Street and by the convention center. I would strongly consider staying here again when in DC.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business