“modern hotel”

Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
Ranked #84 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 5 August 2014

spend 5 days here. a hotel with awesome city view, good service.
attend a wedding in renaissance. the food there is very delicious, we have fish, chicken, steak for meal. the chef told us how he prepared our meal, we deeply feel how much effort he made.
the transportation here is very convenient, you can take shuttle bus to subway station(crystal city)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,549)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Short 2 day vacation for our daughter to see DC for the first time. Looked for a central downtown hotel. Location was very good. Valet service very professional and convenient. Hotel desk staff friendly and helpful. Lobby and adjacent pub were well done. Room was okay. Mattress was very firm. Viewing the inset TV from the far bed not so good. Doors shut very loudly. Had noisy, constantly in and out guest adjacent to us on the floor. Hallway corridor sounds come ringing through. Having a dorm fridge in the room was very good. Internet connectivity was reliable. Speed was okay. I wish the hotel had a pool for our daughter, but we spent most of the days doing the sites. Bathroom was modern and nice. Climate control was easy to operate. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors and toward the end of the hallways if you like it quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel has a great location for business or pleasure. My husband and I stayed here while attending a local training session, while my mother spent the time with my two children 10 & 11 yrs. touring the city. We could walk to the Washington Monument or take a short cab to China town where we found a reasonable restaurant Clyde's which I highly recommend. The valet service was extremely helpful when we first arrived, driving our car around the block to the correct entrance, because my husband made a wrong turn and ended up very frustrated after a 21 hour drive from Oklahoma. At check-in the staff was welcoming, friendly and overall nice considering my appearance after such a long drive. Our rooms were beautiful with comfortable beds and bedding. The Aveeno products offered in room are very nice and I would recommend them for anyone who usually travels with their own produces. If you are staying in a room with Club service I would recommend the complimentary breakfast served on the 2nd floor. They also have an evening service, however I was not able to attend due to the service is only offered weekdays Monday thru Thursday and breakfast only on Fridays. I was disappointed Saturday morning when I was headed to enjoy the same breakfast with my children that I had experienced the day before with my husband only to be told no service on the weekends. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I would not advice my friends to stay there, because it is over prized hotel. I totally understand that it is a capital city, but I think it is so silly then expensive hotel then more you pay for service. When service is not so great. You have to pay for parking, for internet, for breakfast. Room was not cleaned. Only great thing about this hotel, it is a great location! You can walk to amazing restaurants, you are very close to museums if you are a tourist, metro station is pretty close.

• Stayed: July 2014
Sharon L, General Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Diana K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

I certainly understand your concern about the cost of a hotel room and amenities in Washington, DC. These rates are standard in our city. However, there are pockets of opportunity when rates are lower when congress or conventions are not meeting. I encourage you to look at those dates as you will find a much more affordable room.

I do agree that our location is terrific!

Sharon Lockwood

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We are a couple, 46&56 traveling for business (him) and pleasure (me) with no children.

Now sure where to begin? Ok i drove, he flew. I was greated at the front and given the option to valet or self park right under the hotel. I choose self park. It is $35 a day so budget that in, you pay them direct in garage upon departure. He flew to Reagan and you take the metro to the Chinatown exit and walk a few blocks.

Ok the Lobby is to die for. Modern,clean yet warm and very functional with little seating areas and plenty of outlets and computer friendly. Not sure what a few alluded to but the staff was Disney caliber. Very friendly and helpful Daniel checked us in and we are Platinum level and he explained the concierge lounge and the gym and restaurants etc. He went above and told me the history of the building. There is a buffet breakfast place, Starbucks and Presidential lounge/pub

Room was great! we were on 15th floor and it was very quiet and the room darkening shades made it look like midnight anytime of day. The room was roomy, a safe for a computer, a mini fridge and a coffe/tea station. plenty of closet space with a bathrobe. Airconditioning was good and quite. Work station very large with good charging ports and wifi worked well. The only beef was the bed could have been better. We stayed 2 nights and got very broken sleep.

There were good elevators that ran well. The VIP lounge was gorgeous and well stocked.

The Presidential restaurant was great! sometime an in-hotel bar can be not so good on the food but we had an awesome big fresh quesadilla , the next day i came back and had the fresh tomato soup with the gourment grill cheese which was incredible.

My hubby went to the gym and he said it was huge and clean and he had a great experience.

Location is great. close to metro and convention center is across the street. For me it was an awsome 5 block walk down to the mall and then everything is at your reach. DC is a walking city. Easy to navigate BUT bring walking shoes. Heals are tough because some side walks are brick, so bare that in mind. We'd LOVE to stay hear again, but choose another Marriott near dupont circle this time....

In a nut shell, great for business especially. Large yet warm and intimate.....staff bends over backward for you and its clean clean clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dawn5851
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

* Price: $$$, $250 per night on average. 3 star.
* Accommodation: Starbucks in lobby, good size room and bathroom, gym, in room refrigerator, coffee maker. No pool.
* Location: across from the Walter E. Washington convention center. 2 blocks from the metro. Walking distance to China town and museums. 4 star.
* Motif / room: chic decor; cozy and chic lobby with glass ceiling resembling the Louvre museum. 4 star.
* Service: front desk is pleasant and helpful. Especially Evangelica was very helpful to take care of our complicated bills. 5 star.

This is averaged to 4 star for me.

Stayed here for a conference at the Walter E. Washington convention center. It is quite convenient, across the convention center.
The lobby is cozy and modern chic decor. The room is good size, chic, with large flat screen TV. The bathroom is also good size.
Overall, it is a good hotel for conference but probably not my first choice for a vacation staying.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great location for business travelers, right across the street of the convention center
Starbucks on the ground floor
Great gym with free access to hotel guests for unlimited use
just a walk distance from all gathering places, restaurants and museum
i took a walk the the National Mall and it was not too far ~20 minutes

will definitely recommend this hotel for my friends and colleagues

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business