The River Inn
US$267
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$211
US$201
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$321
US$284
US$200
US$166
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$185
  • Restaurant
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$183
US$232
US$194
  • Bar/Lounge
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$280
US$251
  • Breakfast included
US$251
US$192
  • Pool
The Watergate Hotel Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$469
US$401
1,913 results
All reviewsfoggy bottomwhole foodskennedy centergrinderdish restaurantsmall kitchencoffee beanstrader joesfull kitchenlincoln memorialresidential streetwatergate complextree lined streetquiet neighborhoodtwo blockswithin walking distanceseparate bedroom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Great location for city holiday. Handy for many sights but also very quiet. Staff helpful.
Did not use restaurant, trader joe less than 5 minutes away. Rooms in need of upgrading
but clean and spacious.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
BrittanyFOS, Front Office Supervisor at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Greetings! Thank you for your visit to The River Inn. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. The location is perfect for our guests: close enough to get to DC's sights, but far enough away to have some peace and quiet! It's nice that you found the local Trader Joe's as well, it's a great place to go to stock up your kitchenette. Perhaps on your next visit, you can try our in-house restaurant Dish + Drinks! You mentioned that the rooms are in need of an upgrade, so I wanted to let you know that later this fall we will be renovating our suites (new furniture and carpeting). We would love to have you come back so you can see our changes! Thanks again for staying at The River Inn.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Staff are very helpful and friendly. Doorman help you getting bags in and with finding parking. Desk staff help with directions, and the restaurant staff are very friendly and flexible. Rooms are spacious, and the sofa and easy chair make it easy to relax and have guests.

Room Tip: We were on a driving trip and the fridge helps you keep food safe and lets you freeze the freezer packs. We've stayed here several times, and will certainly stay again because of the very convenient location and good value.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mhlincoln

Hi, and thanks for your comments on your stay at The River Inn! We appreciate your compliments on our front desk and restaurant staff, as well as our bellmen. We do what we can to ensure that you are comfortable during your stay, and to make sure that you have plenty to do! I'm glad that you enjoyed the size of the suites as well, especially with the full kitchenette! It is great for entertaining guests and for making your own meals if you don't feel like going out. Thank you again, and hopefully we'll see you again soon at The River Inn!

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Stayed here in September 2012. Chose the hotel mainly for location, which is great. Shame that can't be said for the hotel. Despite getting upgraded to an enormous 2 room suite, the room was very average. The decor is dated, the room cold and noisy from other residents and for a floor space so huge they managed to make the bathroom tiny. Shower ran tepid in the morning and the blind in the bathroom wouldn't close properly.

Breakfast was good if you want a cooked meal, poor for someone who wanted cereals (there weren't any).

Staff were helpful but overall for this price range I'm sure DC has better to offer.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Greetings, and thank you for your feedback on your stay at The River Inn. I'm glad that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, it is great for sightseeing since it is walking distance to many of the city's sights as well as public transportation. I am sad to hear that you did not enjoy your suite though. I hope you were able to report the issues with your shower and blind to our front desk staff so we could get those issues resolved quickly. Either way, I will be passing this information on to our engineering staff. Also, I just wanted to inform you that within the next month or so we will be undergoing room renovations, meaning new furniture and carpets. We would love for you to come back and see our newly renovated suites! Take care, and we look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

I had the recent fortune of staying at the River Inn. From the time of Check in which was 130am I knew my friend and I chose the right place to stay. Chris who checked us in was extremely helpful and friendly for that time of the morning. Our suite was more than I expected at did not want to leave. We had lunch the next day in the hotel Restaurant, Dish. and can only say the food and service was wonderful. Hats off to Adrienna and Kacen at the front desk. They gave me directions every time I needed and made sure I would not get lost. Always had a friendly smile when I would return and made sure everything they told me went well. I can only say each time I return to Washington I will stay at The River Inn. I feel it is like my home away from home.
Thank you all.

Room Tip: You will miss out if you do not stay at River Inn. Amazing Location, and great service
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Hello there, and thank you very much for your compliments on The River Inn! We really appreciate the nice things you said about our front desk staff, we take pride in their ability to do all they can for our guests. I'm glad that you enjoyed your suite, as well as the in-house retaurant, Dish + Drinks! This means that you're going to have to come back and visit us again sometime. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Great location & service. Just a couple blocks from the metro, Kennedy Center, trader joe's and whole foods. The hotel is in a residential area so it feels more like home. The rooms are large with room to spread out and they have mini-kitchens. I had a view of the Washington Monument & the infamous Watergate.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Greetings, and thank you for your recent visit to The River Inn! Sounds like you had a good time with us, especially with a room that has a view of both the Washington Monument and the Watergate complex! The suites are very spacious, I'm glad that you were able to utilize the kitchen during your stay. It comes in handy, especially with two grocery stores within walking distance! Like you, I love the location of the hotel, it is so quiet and peaceful, yet so close to the sights of DC. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next visit!