The River Inn
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$211
US$201
  • Restaurant
State Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$183
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$321
US$284
US$200
US$166
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$185
  • Restaurant
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$183
US$232
US$194
  • Bar/Lounge
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$280
US$251
  • Breakfast included
US$251
US$192
  • Pool
The Watergate Hotel Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$469
US$401
1,913 results
All reviewsfoggy bottomwhole foodskennedy centergrinderdish restaurantsmall kitchencoffee beanstrader joesfull kitchenlincoln memorialresidential streetwatergate complextree lined streetquiet neighborhoodtwo blockswithin walking distanceseparate bedroom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed here with my husband and 6 yr old daughter. Along with 3 other families in different rooms. Our room was very spacious and the beds were comfy. The restaurant was very good and breakfast was reasonable for what you got. I would recommend a stay here!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jillywade
ModusHotels, General Manager at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Greetings jillywade!

Thank you very much for spending time with us at the River Inn and thank you for the lovely words as well. I am so pleased that you found our guest rooms so suitable for your time spent and that our restaurant DISH was able to please as well. Thank you again for visiting with us while in DC and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Flew into DC for an emergency surgery for my daughter. The hospital suggested this hotel for my stay. This was a perfect place. I was walking distance to hospital and was so relaxing and comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful, which made my stay less stressful. I had everything I needed. I recommend this inn highly. Hopefully my next trip will be for pleasure and I definitely will be staying here!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah G

Hello Deborah G!

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at The River Inn! I do hope your visit to DC was a successful one. We also hope your next visit to DC will be for pleasure and please know we are always here to ensure your time spent is wonderful .

All the best,

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here and always love it. The staff is very courteous and it has just what you may need for your stay. With the efficiency kitchen, workout room, and laundry room it accommodates all your needs. It is nestled close to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods which gives you the option to buy groceries and cook for yourself if you so desire. It is a stone's throw away from the subway station at the George Washington University area so you can easily access transportation when you need it. I highly recommend it to anyone that likes this area and is coming to Washington, DC.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hilary K

Hello Hilary K!

Thank you for choosing to spend time with us again while you were in DC! Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I am so pleased to see that all of your needs were accommodated. Our location really is amazing as we are so close to great shopping, dining and transportation but tucked away on a beautiful side street in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood! All the best to you and hope to see you in the near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Our daughter stayed with us at this hotel that is on a residential street a few blocks from George Washington University in the Foggy Bottom area. She flew in a few hours before we did and walked the few blocks to Whole Foods to get basic things for quick breakfasts in the room ... using the small kitchen (microwave, 2-burner gas stove, frig, no oven). We had reserved one of the larger rooms that had a nice large separate bedroom along with a living area that had a pull-out bed. We were on the top floor (room 802) that was sunny, had pleasant views, and was quiet.

A very short taxi ride from Regan. If you don't have much luggage you can take the Metro from the airport to Foggy Bottom Metro stop and then you might take a $5 cab the few blocks to the hotel.

We stayed here because we needed to go over to Arlington for a ceremony, but using the METRO it was very easy to get to all of the DC sites we wanted to visit. A pretty short cab ride over to the Georgetown area.

We had one lunch in the restaurant located on the 1st floor. It was ok ... but $4 for a cup of coffee!

The internet service is horrible, as others mentioned. It has a place to do some basic laundry in a couple of machines located on the 2nd floor and a small business center having a computer with a printer ... handy for printing airline docs.

I cannot think of a reason I will not stay here again .... if one of the larger rooms is available. I would probably not stay here if only the small rooms are available (unless I was alone and just staying a few days).

The staff is great. Short waits for service. Good elevator service. First class housekeeping.

Room Tip: Perhaps stay as we did in a room that was toward the top so you have a view. Also, a large room was critical for us because we shared with our daughter (separate bedroom ).
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rockySeattleArea

Hello rockySeattleArea!

Thank you so much for spending time with us at the River Inn. I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Great feedback and I am excited to share with the team here. It’s great to see that our location made for a great stay as did our team here. The wifi on your next visit will be superb, we are scheduled for an update in the next few days which will create great service for the property overall. Thank you so much once again and we look forward to hosting again in the near future!

Best,

Reviewed 8 March 2014

So, the reviews are correct. A hotel gem in Foggy Bottom. Three blocks from the Foggy Bottom Metro - so touring is easy. Residential street, so it is quiet. Three blocks from Kennedy Performing Art Center - in case you want to see a show. Three blocks from a Catholic Church - nice touch for Ash Wednesday. About a ten minute walk from major convention center hotels - Marriot, Ritz, Fairmont. Mine convention was for a week and it was at the Ritz. I was there during a snow storm that shut down the government but our convention kept going. It was a piece of cake to walk to the Ritz daily. Even in the snow. Just make sure to bring an umbrella.

The staff was accommodating and personable. Always smiling and if I made a request, they accommodated every one of them.

My room was clean and updated. Now it is an older facility in a very old and historic section of town so there are cracks in the ceiling and the doors are heavy and the heating system was a bit loud (my only complaint really was how noisy the heat was when it turned on/off at night). Who would think you would need heat in DC anyway in March?

I honestly appreciate the separate dressing area which was formed by a hallway leading to the bathroom. Each wall framed with decent lighting and large mirrors. It made getting ready a joy because I could lay everything out for the next day. WiFi is free but honestly D.C. is terrible for connections and the upload was slow. Nice touch though. I hate paying for slow WiFi.

There is a small kitchen with all the necessities in the suite. There are Trader Joe's and Whole Foods four blocks away in either direction. Note: The hotel dining is good but they are not open on Sunday night. That means no room service on Sunday night. Head to one of the grocery stores during the day and not during a snow storm alert to avoid the lines.

The neighborhood was an eclectic mix of students and long time residents. I struck up a conversation with more than one person on my daily walks. Metro police had a presence in the area and I always felt safe... evening walking back alone at 10:30 at night.

There was one bathrobe in the room. The water pressure was fine but I would recommend showering before 7 am to maximize the hot water. It seemed to grow cooler after that.

Ritz or The River Inn? I'll pick the River Inn every time. .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JQWD

Hello JQWD!

How wonderful to read that your stay with us at the River Inn was everything you were looking for! Mission accomplished! Such great feedback and I cannot wait to share with our team here. I am so happy to see that our guest room made for a comfortable stay and that our location was so conducive. This is the beauty of being tucked away in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood. The neighborhood itself is truly amazing with its rich history and even more so with the warm and welcoming feel that surrounds us. This in itself is a huge attribute for our guests that allow them to truly feel at home not only within our hotel but within our community as well. Thank you again for the nice words and please know we are now your home away from home when your travels bring you back to the area!

All the best,