“Great hotel in downtown DC” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The River Inn
Ranked #12 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Sleepy Hollow, New York
“Great hotel in downtown DC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Although a little pricey, I received a complimentary upgrade to a king suite. Bigger than most apartments, with full kitchen, dining area, living room with pull out queen bed. Service was great, bar was fun. Will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank elisamweber
ModusHotels, General Manager at The River Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Greetings elisamweber!

Thank you for joining us the River Inn! It is wonderful to see that our guest room made for such a comfortable stay! I will certainly share with the team that you enjoyed the service provided and enjoyed our restaurant Dish + Drinks as well!

Thanks for sharing and we look forward to your return visit!

Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Myself, my 2 grandsons and their other grandmother stayed here on our trip to DC. It was a great place to stay: conveniently located, roomy, kitchenette.... I would highly recommend it. It was only 2 blocks to the metro where there were several restaurants nearby and a wonderful Whole Foods grocery store. Very safe neighborhood. Felt very safe walking from the metro to the hotel after dark

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank momwamp
Hello momwamp!

Thank you so much for joining us at the River Inn while you were in DC! I am thrilled that you and your grandsons had a wonderful stay! Our neighborhood has so much to offer that is so close to the hotel, it really does make for a pleasant stay. Thank you again for sharing and we all look forward to hosting your family again!

Best,

New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Enormous suite hotel with every convenience - great, convenient neighborhood, restaurant on site with excellent food, comfortable beds, terrific work area with outlets in the right place. Loved it and would definitely return

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank UWSall
Hello NYerUWS!

Thank you so much for spending time with us at the River Inn and for the nice words as well! So glad the Foggy Bottom neighborhood where we reside proved to be so convenient for you. Our rooms truly are incredibly spacious and allow for our guests to spread out creating that home away from home feeling. Great to see you were to enjoy our restaurant Dish + Drinks as well! Please know we are always here for you when your travels bring you back to the area!

Warm regards,

Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed at the River Inn this past weekend and they did not have the heat turned on and the temperatures were in the 40's and 50's during the night. I must not have been the only person that was cold as the clerk said that all the space heaters were already taken. They brought extra blankets which were fine when you were in bed but to sit in the room it was very uncomfortable. The second night when I requested a space heater the clerk again stated there were none available. They brought me a heating pad to keep me warm. I don't know why the heat was turned off in the end of April but it was a very foolish decision.

The hotel was lovely and the staff were very nice and did all they could to make you feel welcome. The location of the hotel was also very convenient to the Metro. I was positively satisfied with the room and all the facilities but the lack of heat made me very uncomfortable. When I stay in the area again I will ask about the heat and in the summer I will ask about air conditioning. Do they turn that off as well?

Room Tip: Ask about the heat or air conditioning situation .
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jannetle
Dear Jannette,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I do apologize that the guest room temperature made for an uncomfortable stay. We did switch our system form winter to spring at that time and I am so sorry for the inconvenience. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to make this right for you. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss further.

Thank you so much and looking forward to connecting.

Lawrence, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have stayed here a number of times- each time being better than the time before. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed. The staff are all friendly, efficient and helpful. During my last visit- I carelessly left a jacket behind. When I called about it, it was promptly mailed to me.
It is the only hotel for me in DC!

Room Tip: The standard corporate suite is my favorite
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth R
Hello Elizabeth R!

Thank you so much for joining us once again; your continued support is so much appreciated! It is so nice to see that our team here is creating a wonderful experience for you as well! Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when in DC! All the best to you and thrilled you got your jacket back so quickly.

Take care and see you soon!

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a quiet, pretty residential street close to Foggy Bottom metro. Not too far from sights such as the National Mall to walk and only 10 mins to trendy Georgetown. The staff were really helpful and friendly and the rooms were well equipped with coffee/ coffee making facilities, fridge, small kitchen. We were lucky to be given 2 good rooms instead of the 2x double bed suite booked. Staff were great at sorting parking on street for our hire car for an hour or so while we grabbed breakfast at the great Wholefoods market around corner.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Angela R
Hello Angela R!

Thank you so much for spending time with us at the River Inn! I am so pleased that our location made for a comfortable stay! We truly have the ideal location; so close to great sights, shopping and dining but tucked away in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood. It’s great to see our team took such good care of you as well. We thrive on creating unique and personalized levels of service for all of our guests; glad we could make this happen for you.
Thank you once again and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Best,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We arrived in pouring rain but it didn't matter because the welcome that we received from the staff was warm and friendly and cheered us up no end! The friendliness and efficiency of the staff in ALL departments was outstanding throughout our 6 day stay. Our room had an extremely comfortable bed, a well-lit bathroom a sitting room and a kitchenette. The only criticism would be that the décor of the room was a bit tired. The hotel's location in Foggy Bottom is ideal, being situated in a quiet residential street and only a short walk to the Metro and to two very well stocked supermarkets and it is also close to Georgetown. We think this hotel is the ideal place to stay when visiting Washington D. C.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dods576
ModusHotels, General Manager at The River Inn, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hello dods576!

Thank you so much for spending time with us at the River Inna and for the incredibly nice words as well! I can assure you the whole team here will be thrilled when I share with them that your stay was a successful one and they were able to create a wonderful and welcoming experience for you. I am also very excited to see that our guest room made for a comfortable stay as well. Our rooms truly create that home away from home feeling and so happy to see this was the case. Please know we are always here for you when your travels bring you back to the area!

Take care and see you soon!