“Location! Location! Location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Sarasota, Florida
“Location! Location! Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is an older hotel that has been remodeled nicely with large suites containing all of the amenities to make your stay comfortable. There is a restaurant in the building for those times when you don't have the energy to walk any further after a long day of touring. There is also a Whole Foods nearby with a fantastic food court. Try the brioche breakfast sandwiches along with your favorite coffee drink---delish!
The Metro is only a couple of blocks away, and restaurants are nearby. We stayed a week here and found it to be perfect for our needs.
There were only a couple of negative issues we experienced. One was I had called ahead asking for a quiet room but when we arrived we were given a not so quiet room. I asked to be relocated and so the second night we moved to a higher floor with a better location. The second issue was that there was no heat or a/c available. We were told that the heat had been turned off for the season. There was nothing we could do about it except put on more clothes, as the weather was chilly while we were visiting DC.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jan S
ModusHotels, General Manager at The River Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Greetings Jan S!

Thank you so much for spending time with us at the River Inn! I am so pleased to see that our location was so conducive for a good stay and that your guest room was so comfortable as well! My apologies for your original room not being so quiet, I am glad to see our team rectified for you. I would like to apologize for the temperature of your guest room as well. We did switch from winter to spring in regards to our hotel temperature control, I am sorry your room did get chilly. Thank you again for the feedback and we hope you join us again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just returned having spent 5 nights at the River Inn where I also was gifted an upgrade to a suite that had bedroom, large living area & a kitchen with very welcome coffee beans and grinder to go with the coffee machine. Only down side was the long walk to make coffee in the morning :)

The staff were very helpful at the reception desk, printing out a document and a boarding pass for me and the concierge gave good directions to the nearby Metro (Foggy Bottom) - and on the last day found out that one stop to Rosslyn took me to the 5A bus to Dulles Airport for $6 exact change.

I checked out the Trader Joe's store for provisions, explored the walk along the canal and made my way into Georgetown. All in all a good location - especially when advised to use the New Hampshire Avenue to walk up to Dupont Circle.

I ate twice at the bar - enjoying both meals with good beer on one occasion and a splendid wine on the other.

The only negative was that I had to use earplugs as even on the 7th floor at the back I could hear traffic - but that's probably because I live in a very quiet neighbourhood.
Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Strollerman
Greetings Strollerman!

I have to say you took full advantage of the amazing Foggy Bottom neighborhood in which we reside! Thank you for spending time with us and for sharing your experience as well! I am thrilled to see that our team was so accommodating and created a wonderful stay for you. I am also happy to see that you made into our restaurant Dish+Drinks and had a great experience there as well. Our entire team thrives on creating unique experiences with a personalized level of service; I will most certainly share with your team your very kind words. Thank you once again and please know we are now your home away from home when your travels bring you back to the area!

All the best,

Sleepy Hollow, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Although a little pricey, I received a complimentary upgrade to a king suite. Bigger than most apartments, with full kitchen, dining area, living room with pull out queen bed. Service was great, bar was fun. Will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank elisamweber
Greetings elisamweber!

Thank you for joining us the River Inn! It is wonderful to see that our guest room made for such a comfortable stay! I will certainly share with the team that you enjoyed the service provided and enjoyed our restaurant Dish + Drinks as well!

Thanks for sharing and we look forward to your return visit!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Myself, my 2 grandsons and their other grandmother stayed here on our trip to DC. It was a great place to stay: conveniently located, roomy, kitchenette.... I would highly recommend it. It was only 2 blocks to the metro where there were several restaurants nearby and a wonderful Whole Foods grocery store. Very safe neighborhood. Felt very safe walking from the metro to the hotel after dark

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank momwamp
Hello momwamp!

Thank you so much for joining us at the River Inn while you were in DC! I am thrilled that you and your grandsons had a wonderful stay! Our neighborhood has so much to offer that is so close to the hotel, it really does make for a pleasant stay. Thank you again for sharing and we all look forward to hosting your family again!

Best,

New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Enormous suite hotel with every convenience - great, convenient neighborhood, restaurant on site with excellent food, comfortable beds, terrific work area with outlets in the right place. Loved it and would definitely return

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank UWSall
Hello NYerUWS!

Thank you so much for spending time with us at the River Inn and for the nice words as well! So glad the Foggy Bottom neighborhood where we reside proved to be so convenient for you. Our rooms truly are incredibly spacious and allow for our guests to spread out creating that home away from home feeling. Great to see you were to enjoy our restaurant Dish + Drinks as well! Please know we are always here for you when your travels bring you back to the area!

Warm regards,

Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed at the River Inn this past weekend and they did not have the heat turned on and the temperatures were in the 40's and 50's during the night. I must not have been the only person that was cold as the clerk said that all the space heaters were already taken. They brought extra blankets which were fine when you were in bed but to sit in the room it was very uncomfortable. The second night when I requested a space heater the clerk again stated there were none available. They brought me a heating pad to keep me warm. I don't know why the heat was turned off in the end of April but it was a very foolish decision.

The hotel was lovely and the staff were very nice and did all they could to make you feel welcome. The location of the hotel was also very convenient to the Metro. I was positively satisfied with the room and all the facilities but the lack of heat made me very uncomfortable. When I stay in the area again I will ask about the heat and in the summer I will ask about air conditioning. Do they turn that off as well?

Room Tip: Ask about the heat or air conditioning situation .
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jannetle
Dear Jannette,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I do apologize that the guest room temperature made for an uncomfortable stay. We did switch our system form winter to spring at that time and I am so sorry for the inconvenience. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to make this right for you. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss further.

Thank you so much and looking forward to connecting.

Lawrence, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have stayed here a number of times- each time being better than the time before. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed. The staff are all friendly, efficient and helpful. During my last visit- I carelessly left a jacket behind. When I called about it, it was promptly mailed to me.
It is the only hotel for me in DC!

Room Tip: The standard corporate suite is my favorite
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth R
Hello Elizabeth R!

Thank you so much for joining us once again; your continued support is so much appreciated! It is so nice to see that our team here is creating a wonderful experience for you as well! Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when in DC! All the best to you and thrilled you got your jacket back so quickly.

Take care and see you soon!