“Fantastic For Families!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Key West
“Fantastic For Families!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We explored DC and loved staying in the suite with kitchen. Great staff & location! Close to Metro and WHOLE FOODS MARKET. Walking distance also to Kennedy Center for Performing Arts. Extremely friendly and attentive management. They heard it was my birthday and sent me a nice gift!

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank captdexter
Diego H, General Manager at The River Inn, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear captdexter,
Thank you for spending your birthday with us and for allowing us the opportunity to surprise you! I am thrilled to learn how much you loved our amenities, location and service. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit from sunny Key West.
Diego Heredia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Washington Mall (15min), Georgetown (10min) and Metro (5min) all within walking distance. The staff is nice and has lots of advice to offer, tourist information, restaurants and travel routes. The rooms are big and the bed is good. We didn't use the kitchen but as far as we could see, anything you need is available. The bathroom is not big but has all the amenities you need, the rain shower is great at the end of a summer day.

Room Tip: It was our first visit and the room was good and quiet. We had a room on the 5th floor, at the back...
3 Thank Biggles75Blue
Dear Biggles75Blue,
Thank you for your recent visit and for writing about it. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our location, amenities and service. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit.
Frederiksberg, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff with excellent knowledge of the neighbourhood.
Close to Metrostation Foggy Bottom.
Close to The National Mall and Georgetown (shopping and dining).
Very nice with a little kitchen if you want to make your own breakfast.

3 Thank Knud M
Dear Knud M,
Thank you for your recent visit and for writing about it. I am glad that your stay was so enjoyable and that our location, amenities and service had so much to do with that. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit from Denmark.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at The River Inn on a business trip and was extremely impressed by the staff and accommodations. The hotel offered complimentary wifi and my room was furnished with a very comfortable desk, which was very helpful since I had to work evenings in my room. The location was only a couple blocks from Foggy Bottom metro and local restaurants. The room came with a kitchenette, and being close to both Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, this allowed me to cook my own meals when I wanted. The complimentary cocktail offered each evening upon my return from work was a nice treat. When I discovered that I had left some jewelry in my room in the rush to check out, I called the hotel and the staff immediately found my items and mailed them to my home that same day. I would definitely stay here again for work or vacation and would recommend the hotel to others visiting DC.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank K A
Dear K A,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip to DC. I am delighted to learn that we met all your business needs. I am also glad that we were able to immediately mail you the jewelry items you left behind. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit whether for business or pleasure.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at The River Inn last weekend for a wedding and were incredibly happy with our stay. First off, we were extremely pleased with the spacious rooms - much more than we were expecting! It was nice to have access to a kitchen for the weekend. Additionally, we dined at the hotel restaurant and also enjoyed room service one morning. We were very happy with the quality of the food and service on both occasions. Another thing we liked about this hotel was the location. It's in a quiet neighborhood which is a treat in a big city, but was also a very short walk from lots of night life, restaurants, shopping and monuments. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well. We would recommend this hotel to anyone headed to DC and will certainly stay here should we be back in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
2 Thank annabunc
Dear annabunc,
Thank you for staying with us while visiting DC for a wedding. I appreciate your wonderful comments about our spacious rooms, location, food quality at the restaurant and service. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit.
Dreieich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Nice comfortable hotel with friendly staff perfectly located in DC. National mall in walkable distance so as Georgetown with nice shops and restaurants. Complimentary refreshments are offered at the receprion area.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
3 Thank advancedtraveller28
Dear advancetraveller28,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about The River Inn. I am delighted to learn that your stay was so comfortable and relaxing. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit from Germany.
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Super friendly staff and my kids enjoyed the space in the rooms. It felt like you were staying in your own large studio apartment.

Very convenient location to metro, National Mall, White House, Kennedy Center and of course Georgetown. Trader joe's and Whole Foods are very close and the metro is a short 2 blocks. I wouldn't recommend trying to navigate heavy suitcases using the metro/walking route as the brick sidewalks pose challenges.

We found the hotel overall great and quiet.

The gym is tiny as is the business center but they met our needs. We did miss having a pool though....

Rooms
2 Thank Momof2busyboys
Dear Momof2busyboys,
Thank you for your visit to DC and for staying at The River Inn. I am glad that your stay was so enjoyable. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit from Vancouver.
General manager