“Everything was perfect”

Ranked #79 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Detroit, Michigan
“Everything was perfect”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

From the time we checked in until the time we checked out everything was perfect. We arrived early (9:40am) and our rooms were ready. The rooms were clean and well supplied with towels. The hotel staff was friendly, professional, and courteous. The location was good also. 7 blocks from Georgetown. Very quick walk to all the shops and restaurants in Georgetown. Also very close to DuPont circle.
We also ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant and it was great. Great selection and service. I really can't say enough about the hotel it was great and made for a fun weekend in DC. When we go back next year i will be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank smilesaam
Mike_Horowitz, Rooms Operations Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Hi smilesaam,
Friendly, outgoing service is what we are all about. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your breakfast with us as well. Thanks for the awesome review! I look forward to seeing you next year! Take care

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
sao paulo, brazil
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed there before moving to their downtown hotel. The location is good; front desk, concierge etc as expected from the chain. Breakfast was substandard. It is behind his old brother hotel in the downtown area in all aspects. A good base for a business stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi acukiert,
Thanks for the candid feedback! I appreciate the notes about the good location and service, however was disappointed with your note regarding the breakfast being substandard. Any specific feedback would be so helpful to address the issues that you experienced during breakfast. Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss, or if you decide to stay with us again when you are in town, please let me know so that we can give you the VIP service you deserve! I look forward to hearing from you.
Baltimire
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Checked in to the Renaissance DuPont Circle last night. Located in NW New Hampshire Ave.

The staff was friendly at check in but we did not pay attn that room was a queen and not king. First the rooms are so small that it made NYC look good, followed by a mattress that was so hard is rather sleep on the floor, also only two small pillows that were essentially like sleeping on a brick. After not being able to sleep all night I went to breakfast at 9:30am after the work crowd has departed maybe 3 people dining in entire restaurant, served luke warm coffee with soured cream. Must have been left over from another table. Waited 10 min finally I got up and asked the hostess for new coffee as the server was no where to be found. Then later after my eggs came another server asks me if my food is good before I could take one bite.

Finally leaving f hotel I knew they has construction that morning but infl because they told me when I chevked in not before I made the reservation and it noted valet parking takes 20-25 min to get your car. After 45 plus minutes my car shows up and they had the nerve to tell me it's because of traffic. Well I'm in DC often and I could drive from one side of the city to the other in 45 min. I told them I'm not paying $45 to park my car for lousy service.

Bottom line I won't be back! The Courtyard DuPont Circle is far better and less expensive, better beds, pillows,Internet, parking, food and less expensive. Bye bye Renaissance you were an embarrassment for a full service hotel

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Rss53
Hi Rss53,
I am so sorry about your poor experience with us. This clearly is not indicative of the level of service that we strive to provide. I will be sure to pass this information along to the rest of the team. We are a boutique style hotel with rooms that run a bit smaller than other hotels, however we pride ourselves on clean comfortable rooms. I'm sorry that you did not feel the same way. As far as the breakfast service and the valet service, I apologize for these service failures. I would like to discuss the valet and breakfast charges as well as the overall stay in general if possible. Thank you and take care.

Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Reviewed 10 December 2013

10 reasons why we will not look at another place to stay in DC:
1. Crystal and Antony at the reservation desk-wonderfully warm hospitality at check-in
2."Welcome back, did you have a good day?" each night when we returned after sightseeing--from the gentlemen out in front of the hotel to again, Crystal & Antony
3. Fantastic food from the "M Bar"--not often is the food in a hotel this good-it was and we ate there twice, once room service--very gracious delivery person
4. Beautiful lobby-always busy...fun samplings of hot cider one night & another local beer!
5. Great location: close to Metro
6. Helpful Concierge
7. Beautiful room-CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN
8. Can walk to many sites; we walked from the White House although took a little while!
9. Had one tiny shower issue: it was resolved completely & immediately
10. Reasonable rates - booked through US Airways
Thanks again to the staff at Renaissance Dupont Circle for helping to make a surprise birthday trip to DC for my husband such a success!~Victoria

Room Tip: Rooms on street side are preferable for view and ours was larger than some rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Victoria24_13,
What a fantastic review! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had an excellent experience. I will make sure to pass this along to the team and ensure that Kristal and Anteneh are recognized for their efforts. I look forward to seeing you again. Thank you!
Newberg, OR
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Really handsome lobby and rooms. Brand spanking-new remodel so everything works. Flat-screen, good HVAC, comfy beds. Wi-fi is $12.95 in the rooms. I dispute the review calling this a "great" location. It's actually in Foggy Bottom, not a lively neighborhood with lots of shops and restaurants - OK but not great. Pleasant staff and Illy coffee shop connected to the property are pluses. BIG negative is the noise. When we stayed the noise was awful due to an ongoing garage remodel. Everyone was commenting on the incessant jackhammering. Be sure to check on this before booking this hotel! Almost as bad is the blaring technopop throughout public areas. I was told that "corporate" decreed the deafening decibel level and thumping muzak to make the hotel seem "modern." Or you can get free wi-fi and less noise elsewhere not so "modern"

Room Tip: High floors will have less noise
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cawater
Hi Cawater,

Thanks for the candid feedback! While it sonds like you enjoyed your stay, clearly there were some detractors. I was disappointed to see the comment about the location. Next time you come you will have to try some of the fantastic restaurants right around the corner from us like Rasika West End, Ris or the West End Bistro among others.

I sincerely apoligize for the noise you experienced during your stay. As you know, we are currently going through a garage refesh project. We have made every effort to notify our guests at time of booking as well as upon check in to the hotel, however between 8am to 6pm Monday through Saturday there is unavoidable noise.

If you do decide to stay with us again soon, please reach out to me so that we can ensure you have a great stay.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hotel is in a great location for the DC area, close to the Metro, good service and reasonable price, this hotel is by far my favorite in Washington DC The check in was immediate as well as being very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Mike_Horowitz, Rooms Operations Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Hi nbrooks,
Thanks for the great review! I love the location too! With so many bars and restaurants on our doorstep it's hard for a foodie not to. Thanks for making us your favorite in DC!
Grand Forks, North Dakota, USA
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I often travel to DC and stay in the DuPont area. This was my first stay at the Renaissance and I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't realize that Marriott had boutique hotels. While the rooms were smaller than most Marriott hotels, the staff were very helpful and it was a great location for a small conference. The food for all of our conference meals were superb and the variety of choice was well appreciated. I was also quite pleased with the beds. My only ding from the stay was that they weren't able to upgrade me based on my rewards status.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Mike_Horowitz, Rooms Operations Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Hi BFR1920,
Thanks for the candid review! We are indeed a boutique style hotel with rooms that run a bit smaller than you may be used to. They are clean, comfortable, and have everything you may need, but do run on the small side. Please note that if you decide to stay with us again, please reach out to me to let me know that you are coming so that we can give you the VIP treatment you deserve! Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards member.
Take care and safe travels,