“Fantastic Stay”

Ranked #80 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
toronto
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Yes it was a fantastic stay:
location: walked a few blocks and could visit with Michelle had she been home------
Walked a few blocked and was able to have great food in Georgetown, food in the area as well.
Fantastic staff
Lively area
Close to freeway
Cannot wait to visit again.
Took the package that included breakfast and parking

Room Tip: Room faced the back of other buildings, was not here for the view. It was very quiet . Room 524
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is my favourite hotel in Washington DC. I really appreciate the kindness of the entire staff, the front desk and also the people who help with the luggage and in getting you a taxi.
They are all very patient and wonderful.

The best part is the lounge access where Gigi provides wonderful hospitality and always makes you feel at home!

I love this hotel and the staff here. Whenever I visit DC, my first preference is always to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here 6 times in the last year for business. It's conveniently located with a super friendly staff. I was there this past week as an event manager. The catering and AV staff couldn't have been better! Very acclimating. The actual sleeping rooms are average. Nothing to speak of. The towels felt a little rough and there was red righting on my walls in room 442 - random. I appreciated the AC could be bumped down to a chilly 60 degrees.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 May 2014

So I had a nice enough stay but did not seem to be four star quality.

Pros:
Very friendly staff, any requests were met immediately.
Gave us a very early check in(about noon) which was very nice since we arrived so early
Comfy beds
Very Clean hotel and rooms
Great Location

Cons:
Small rooms but was aware it is a boutique
Biggest problem is no soundproofing, you could hear alot, good thing the guests around us were not rowdy
Bathroom door was a sliding door so not great privacy
No refrigerator
This sounds silly I swear Im not that picky but the towels were like sandpaper, honestly wasnt looking for super fluffy but the roughest possible like dishtowels

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ashley B, Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you so much for reaching out to us about your stay. I am glad we were able to accommodate your requests in a timely manner. In the future if you need a refrigerator and there is not one in the room; please feel free to call our Delighted to Serve team as they can have one sent up at no expense. As far as the towels, I do apologize they felt like sandpaper. I am currently investigating why the sets that you received were so rough. Again, thank you so much for your feedback. We would like to see you stay at the DuPont Renaissance again in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me and we can find you a quiet room with nice towels! ashley.banks@marriott.com Thank you.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I wasn't so in love with his hotel when I arrived. It was busy and noisy and my room was TINY. I tried to be comfortable in the "Queen Room" which was about the size of a queen bed, but I just wasn't. Figuring that it couldn't hurt to just ask, I went to the front desk to see if there was anyway that I could get a bigger room. To my surprise and delight, the clerks (Anteneh and Giovanni) really went above and beyond to find a better room for me. My spirits lifted IMMEDIATELY. This just goes to show that there is more to a hotel than just the building. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you so much for the hospitality!

Room Tip: ask for a king room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank A-Silver-Sparrow
Paris, France
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Visited for business. Staff friendly and professional, amenities in room and hotel services good. But room and bathroom really small. They have to use space saving solutions, and it is desk or walk to the closet [see picture]. Internet very patchy. Cannot open window, so have to do with this odd smell. Location good if your business is in West end. Best coffee in town in the Illy café in the building.

• Stayed April 2014
Ashley B, Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Skuatakin, thank you for your feedback. If you look on our website under guest rooms it does state that we are a boutique style hotel which means our rooms are slightly smaller than the average hotel room. I apologize that you were disappointed with its size. If you do find yourself coming back to DC, we would like to have you back at The DuPont Circle Renaissance. Please reach out to me in advance so maybe we can accommodate you in a more spacious room. ashley.banks@marriott.com Thank you.
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Pros:
Hotel is well located, about 8 mins walk to the nearest Metro station. near good restaurants, a CVS and also, if you are up for it, mcdonalds and the likes.

Size of the room is quite ok, specially the bathroom was very spacious.

Cons
Among the worst things of the hotel, I would highlight the concierge service. We called in advance and during our stay to ask about Spas in the area and whether the hotel's concierge could recommend something or simply help us get something. We were promised a follow up call. For 4 days, we never such call back. Plain Awful.

Bad check in. Our reservation was not in their system, so you can imagine that this delayed the whole check-in process sensibly. Eventually, we were allowed in to a queen size bed room.

The TV did not work. We called and a person came, tried to fix it for 10 mins by switching on and off the device. Eventually, he proposed to bring the tv down and bring a new one back, but of course, we declined politely and asked it to be done the next day, which happened.

very poor bath assortments. we had to ask for a shower cap and barely make it with the 1 shampoo and 1 soap. not a Renaissance experience...

room, 715, had some funny noises from time to time. it was not outside noises, nor our neighbours, it sounded more like "structural" noises.

Valets were also quite poor. the front space parking is quite peculiar in this hotel and they should do a much better job at helping manage the traffic that gets accumulated there. in our case, as we were leaving the hotel, our taxi was stuck at least 5 minutes because of some ongoing pick up and drop off. no valet took action in helping with the process.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ashley B, Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Good day Robert M. Thank you for the candid feedback. Clearly you were disappointed with your experience. I apologize that the concierge did not report back to you about a local spa. I am also disappointed to hear that the check in experience took an extended amount of time. These first two factors do play a huge part in your first impression of our property. Not to mention the television issue, thank you for your patience while we worked to get that fixed. Another thank you for your patience with the time it took to get your transportation. I am are aware of the time it takes to enter and exit our front drive, however, within the next week or two New Hampshire Avenue will be opening up for both lanes of traffic. This should cut back on the congestion tremendously. Again, thank you for your feedback. I apologize it was not up to Renaissance standards, but with this feedback we hope to improve for future stays. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me. ashley.banks@marriott.com