Stayed here for 5 nights at the end of May and over the Memorial weekend so the hotel was quite busy but it didn’t seem that bad to us, lifts were there when wanted, reception staff available, friendly and helpful. We had a room at the back overlooking some offices, not a problem with us as we were out and about but there was noise from a fan or something outside at night which didn’t bother us that much. They say the rooms are ‘boutique’ - on the small side but the one we had on the 4th floor was fine for the two of us. There was a good walk in shower, comfortable bed, desk and chair, tea/coffee making and a safe (in a drawer) with plenty of storage space for us. The only down side was that there could be a small table on both sides of the bed, not just one side – could have done with ‘ordinary teabags’ and a fridge/mini-bar in the room. We only ate once at the hotel on the first night, the food was freshly made and the service was quick and friendly. We didn’t have breakfast there, opting to get some cereal pots and milk from the CVS around the corner in M Street. There is free wi-fi in the lobby area and didn’t have any problems with it, make sure you use the right one and get the password from reception, a nice touch is the chilled water in the lobby flavoured with different fruits each day. The hotel provides a computer to allow guests to check in on line for their flights which is a nice extra, but our airline had problems when we went to check in so didn't get to print off ours.
The road outside was being re-surfaced but there was little work going on while we were there so looks a bit of a long term thing. Traffic was busy after the weekend but we could still get about, the Circulator bus to Georgetown stops across the junction outside the Grillfish restaurant and coming back it stops right outside the hotel. Foggy Bottom metro station is a short 10 minute walk away, wasn’t too bad with suitcases in tow (found it easier via 22nd St). It was easy to walk to the Mall area, walking past Foggy Bottom will bring you to the Lincoln Memorial end or go down Pennsylvania Avenue NW towards the centre and The White House. Bus stops are nearby around Washington Circle if you need a bus but we only used them a few times, in fact we walked everywhere on our first day and only used a bus later on the second. We were able to store our luggage when we checked out and picked it up later in the day before heading to the airport.
We would have no problem staying here again as it is in a quieter area with plenty of restaurants, a few shops and transport nearby and easy to get to places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, relaxed elegance awaits you at the Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel. We welcome guests with thoughtful amenities and a prime location near some of the city's most popular landmarks. All of our 355 hotel rooms and suites are stylishly designed and boast goose-down bedding and luxurious Aveda bathroom products. Stay connected with in-room Internet access and Marriott's innovative Plug-In technology panels, or unplug in front of your flat-screen TV. M Brasserie, our signature hotel restaurant, serves fresh and flavorful American fare; M Bar is the perfect spot for a drink after a day spent exploring Dupont Circle. Planning a meeting or event in Washington, DC? Our innovative and flexible event space allows us to specialize in small meetings and ensure we cater to your unique needs. And be sure to ask our hotel Navigator for a few insider tips to help you experience the best of DC, the way locals do. Discover something new and exciting with every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- m Street Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Renaissance