We and another couple decided to do the tourist thing in Washington DC. Hotels in DC can be pretty expensive, but I found a good rate at the Renaissance and booked it. When we arrived on Thursday, Ronnie at the front desk was great to work with and got us checked in. The room was nicely appointed and larger than expected (we had an outside room). After checking in, we headed to the lobby bar where we met Sandi, the bartender. This is a small bar, but Sandi does an outstanding job and is very friendly. While we were in the bar, we started to discuss what to do for dinner, so Sandi went to the concierge and got us a reservation for dinner. We later met Ida, the concierge, and she was wonderful to us and booked our dinners for each night. So, the Renaissance turned out to be a good choice and the staff made it an excellent choice. As for restaurants, we ate dinner at The Hamilton and the Old Ebbitt grill and a couple of breakfast's at Ted's Bulletin. All were excellent and I would highly recommend all three. We were impressed by DC. It was clean and you felt safe walking to and from the sites. Overall, it was a great trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, relaxed elegance awaits you at the Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel. We welcome guests with thoughtful amenities and a prime location near some of the city's most popular landmarks. All of our 355 hotel rooms and suites are stylishly designed and boast goose-down bedding and luxurious Aveda bathroom products. Stay connected with in-room Internet access and Marriott's innovative Plug-In technology panels, or unplug in front of your flat-screen TV. M Brasserie, our signature hotel restaurant, serves fresh and flavorful American fare; M Bar is the perfect spot for a drink after a day spent exploring Dupont Circle. Planning a meeting or event in Washington, DC? Our innovative and flexible event space allows us to specialize in small meetings and ensure we cater to your unique needs. And be sure to ask our hotel Navigator for a few insider tips to help you experience the best of DC, the way locals do. Discover something new and exciting with every stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- m Street Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Renaissance