“Nice contemporary hotel ”

Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel
Ranked #74 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Clearwater, Florida
“Nice contemporary hotel ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Very convenient location super friendly staff and a good, but a little pricey breakfast buffet. ($21, but it is DC. Look for the breakfast packages they have.) Also beware of the $49 a night valet charge. Eat across the street at the Indian spot raskiki. AMAZING. The spinach is a must try.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Staten Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at the Renaissance for two days for a conference. It was fine. They warned in advance that the room was "European style," which means small. It was OK - about the size of a standard cruise ship cabin. I had forgotten my charger for my tablet, so was forced to use the hotel's computers. There were free computers in the lobby area - two on tables near the bar area and a "secret" one near the check-in desk that you could stand and use. There were also fee-for-use computers in the downstairs business center. I just used the free ones, and was amused that they indicated some kind of technical issue accessing Facebook, when it seemed clear the hotel had disabled Facebook so people didn't spend hours looking at it. But at least I could check my email.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ashley B, Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you, RosebankMom, for your review. If you find yourself coming back in the future for a conference; please reach out to us beforehand and we can put you in one of our larger king rooms. Just call the hotel once your reservation has been booked! Thank you! Ashley B.
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is my favourite hotel in Washington DC. I really appreciate the kindness of the entire staff, the front desk and also the people who help with the luggage and in getting you a taxi like Solomon and Virgil etc. They are all very patient and wonderful.

The best part is the lounge access where Gigi provides wonderful hospitality and always makes you feel at home! The Indian food made by the Indian chef is excellent here. The vegetarian Indian food is delicious.

The House Keeping staff is also great!

I love this hotel and their staff. Whenever I visit DC, my first preference is always to stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tanuja S
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel was recommended by our travel agent, and it did not disappoint. Although the location was quite a way from the National Mall and other city centre attractions, transport was good via the Metro (a 10 minute walk away). Friendly staff and very comfortable. We didn't eat there apart from room service one evening (which was good) - we were recommended to use a place called "Bread and Chocolate" nearby in M Street for breakfast which used every day.
Recommended.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here this past weekend for a quick getaway in Washington DC. For starters, nice decor from lobby to the individual rooms. There were three in my group so we booked a room with two double beds. My preference is always for two queen sized beds, but space wise the rooms are too small for anything larger. Also, about space...rooms are not large. Their was enough space for our small bags and to maneuver without bumping into each other. However, I would not suggest having more than 3 people in the double room if you have larger luggage, there definitely will be minimal space. Everything was clean, from bed sheets to bathroom linens. T.V. with standard channel selection, was able to adjust room temp to our liking. Basically what I'm saying is...zero complaints about the room!

They have a great breakfast buffet in the morning that lasts until 12pm. $21 gets you pretty much everything including coffee and/or a beverage. Pancakes, toast, croissants, fruit, muffins, eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, waffles...name it. It's part of the buffet. Well worth the money.

Staff was pleasant to deal with as well. We had a great server at the in-house restaurant and received lots of help with direction from a front desk representative named 'Aida'. If you end up booking this hotel, you will see what I mean...she is pretty awesome!

Location wise this is a quiet area that is close to many restaurants and conveniences. There is a 24hr Walgreens across the street as well as a gas station and bank. We were actually able to take a healthy walk to the National Mall (approx. 15 - 20mins). Not too bad.

Overall, I was pretty pleased with my experience at the Renaissance in Dupont Circle. My only complaint is that when I checked-in, I was not advised that there would be a $100 hold placed against my card for incidentals. Many hotels use this as standard practice, but advise you of this prior to logging your card info into their system. Since my room was booked for me, I was not advised of this policy. I got a nice surprise after getting back to N.Y. and thinking someone hacked my account only to find it was the hotel's freeze. It wasn't such a big deal, I just wish the person who checked me in had made this clear before doing so.

Would stay again if I had to.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KurvayshusBrake
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Great people, very "W" like, not quite as posh. Perfect location to Georgetown and transportation. Some rooms are Euro-tiny - so pick carefully. Wonderful concierges and concierge level on 8th floor. Pay if u must. Saves a bundle in meals vs. DC prices.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Overall it was good (not great). I was a put out and frustrated that having booked a family room 6 months ago when I turned up they didn't have the room available. To be fair we were given a room with a pull out sofa and a put me up bed and told that we could move the following day but this wasn't ideal - once you're unpacked (we were staying 3 nights) you don't want to have to re-pack etc. Also it took 4!! attempts (in person) to get a duvet/eider/comforter from the front desk as the pull out only had a sheet and blanket. On the flip side, Epie was brilliant, the food was tasty and the location was great - 5 minute walk to the open top tour bus, about 20 minutes walk to the White House, and there are loads of great restaurants in the area. I love the area but not sure I'll be back to this hotel when I visit again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ashley B, Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Mr. Tim,
Thank you for your response. I apologize that the room type you requested was not what you received upon check in. It is best to guarantee your bed type when making your reservation. I understand your frustration and certainly would not want to move after unpacking as well. Thank you for mentioning that it took four attempts to recieve a duvet comforter. That is also unacceptable and disheartening to hear on our end. If you see you and your family coming back to the district, I hope you will reach out because we would like to make up for our mishaps. Thank you, Ashley B.