“Great location and view in DC”
Review of State Plaza Hotel

State Plaza Hotel
Ranked #31 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Room very spacious and well maintained.

Cleaners polite and good English, free paper delivered in morning.

Staff helpful in foyer providing maps, organizing taxi for airport and suggestions for our time in DC.

Walking distance to monuments and pick up stations for Big Bus and Old town trolley tours. We found a great restaurant Founding Farmers (walking distance) and their review on trip advisor #9 out of over 1000 well deserved.

My girlfriend was also impressed with hotel and she is hard to please.

• Stayed: October 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,800)

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I had traveled 24 countries, the 6 times to visit US, but the first time to have a wondeful place, convinent to walk, confortable, spacious, quite to sleep at reasonable price, with a wonderful kitchen room and small a study room. Really love the place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Angel6506
StatePlazaHotel, Director of Sales at State Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Angel6506,

WOW! We're sure glad you loved our Hotel. What an uplifting review to read and share with our employees. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I stay here on a regular basis . . Stayed there in sept last weekend this weekend thanksgiving weekend and again in dec. We love the old style rooms AND the newly updated rooms! The staff are all wonderful and make us feel like family! We would recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Prazsinger
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at one of Washington, D.C.'s hidden gems--the State Plaza Hotel. Every staff member was professional and helpful, the updated suite was lovely, the restaurant was pleasant, the price was reasonable, and my walk to the National Academy of Sciences was easy (the beautiful fall weather was the cherry on top). I would definitely return for another stay and wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to Washington travelers.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor near the F Street entrance (you can also enter from E Street). This room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rebecca P
StatePlazaHotel, Director of Sales at State Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Rebecca P,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review of your most recent stay with us. We're glad you found our renovated rooms lovely and our staff helpful. We value our relationship with NAS and looking forward to your return. Take care.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband & I were delighted to stay six nights at State Plaza Hotel & can only speak highly of the experience. Staff were all helpful,friendly & professional. Appartment was comfortable, spacious, clean & attractive. Bed was perfect & room was quiet. Loved our meals in the restaurant & service was attentive. Location was excellent & we walked to train, bus,& tourist sights. I appreciated the business centre.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Perry300,

We are also delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. It gives us great satisfaction to know our efforts are rewarding our Guests. Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I find it unbelievable that in the 21st century there are still hotels with NO AIR CONDITIONING.
When I complained at the front desk the answer I got was "It says so in our web page, our climate control is seasonal" Well, it doesn't say so and I feel I have been tricked.
A fan in the room only circulated the warm air around me and opening the windows (that only open an inch) brought in all the noise from the street.
They turn off the air conditioning in October no matter what the temperature is outside.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank diana M
StatePlazaHotel, General Manager at State Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear diana M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your pros and cons about our hotel on Trip Advisor. Although your experience was not as pleasant as we want it to be, we value your feedback. It is encouraging to know that overall, you were pleased with your accommodations and services provided. However, I'm truly disheartened to hear that the issues that you encountered with the HVAC ruined your stay with us. I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of the team at the State Plaza Hotel for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I will review your feedback in detail with our team and make any necessary adjustments to ensure that our service continues to improve. If you would like to further comment on this matter, please contact me directly at Tel:202-833-6960.

Best regards

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed there for a long weekend. The location was great. We walked to/from the subway station, the White House and National Mall. Restaurants were also within walking distance. The staff was awesome. Helpful and friendly. We even talked Denver Bronco football. The room as great We liked having the kitchen. Sounds weird but the shower was awesome. Great water pressure. I have a friend planning a trip to DC next year and have recommended this hotel to her.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Terry B
StatePlazaHotel, Director of Sales at State Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Terry B,

Greetings and we're glad you posted your review. We're happy you found many things to enjoy while staying with us and shower pressure might not be much to brag about, but it's the little things that make all the differences with us. Thank you for recommending the State Plaza Hotel and we hope to see you as well in the future.