State Plaza Hotel
Hotel Hive(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Arc The. Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
The River Inn(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
AKA White House(Washington DC)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,840 results
All reviewslincoln memorialdressing roomfull kitchenfoggy bottomnorth towergarden cafewhite houseliquor storewithin walking distancestove topdressing areaseparate kitchenminute walkgw universitywhole foodsfew blocksworld bank
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed here at the beginning and ending of a trip to Pennsylvania. The first night my room was so hot that I had to ask for a fan. Nothing I did would cool down the room (the thermostat was as low as possible.) Staff told me to open the window but the problem was that it was raining, there were no window screens and I didn't want to ruin the draperies.
My night was pretty miserable.
My second night, a week later was a much better experience. Room was lovely, spacious, comfortable temperature. It was raining again and staff loaned me an umbrella for which I was most grateful. Would I stay here again? Yes. Parking fee was very high.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Doorlover
StatePlazaHotel, General Manager at State Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Doorlover,

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review. It is nice to hear how much you enjoyed your stay on your second night, and I would like you to know that we are working on the issue you encountered on your first night's stay. It is pleasing to know that you found our staff to be accommodating along with our guest rooms. We are delighted to know that you would stay with us again, and we can't wait to welcome you back on your next visit to our nation's capital!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

My work sends me to DC 3 times a year and I have stayed in many hotels in the area and this is the one I keep coming back to. Great Price, Nice Room, convenient location, wonderful staff, close to the metro and great places to eat. Who needs a car?

Room Tip: I prefer the 1 bedroom apt. setting but even the regular rooms have a kitchen/table and chairs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Frances S,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I would first like to thank you for continuously choosing the State Plaza. Our staff is very adamant in making the guest's feel as if they are at home, and it is nice to see that this is being proven with you. It is great to hear that our location and rooms are fitting for you, and we look forward to seeing you the next time your business bring you back to D.C.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The place we got was nice. It was a 1 BR and had a kitchen but it was old. Carpet needed replacing back in the 80's. But good location, 5 blocks from subway and 1 block from Buses. Walking distance to Vietnam Wall and Lincoln Memorial, Overall the place was ok, nothing earth shattering of course directly across from the State Building. Would we stay there again, probably for the right deal but most likely we would simply try someplace else.

Room Tip: Ask for view of street looking at the state building if you can get it. Smoking is only available on first floor in a breeseway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rickdell
StatePlazaHotel, General Manager at State Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Rickdell, We appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that our location was fitting for you. We are very close to the National Mall and many other tourist attractions. I am also excited to inform you that we are currently undergoing renovations and we are very proud of the new look. We urge you to come back and stay with us again on your next trip to D.C.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stepped back into the 50's when I stayed at this hotel. The kitchen area literally had a table and chairs from the 50's. I never knew kitchen appliances can last so long. The hotel is OLD and needs updated, but it was clean. The price was very affordable, but the parking fees are a budget buster!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CAPplus
StatePlazaHotel, Director of Sales at State Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear CAPplus,

Thank you for your feedback. We are actually in the midst of a renovation right now. We hope you'll come see us again and stay in our of our newly renovated rooms for another feedback. Sorry about the parking fees. It is a premium in DC but we make sure our prices are some of the lowest in Foggy Bottom.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here upon our return from St. Martin and it was a great hotel! As mentioned in a previous review - Mike was extremely helpful on the phone, and the staff couldn't have been more gracious upon our arrival, which was quite late due to a flight delay. They held the reservation and were lovely when checking us in.

This hotel is near everything at the National Mall. We headed out in the middle of the night with our cameras and walked to the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, WWII Memorial and the White House with no problem. I can't imagine another hotel located as conveniently at such a reasonable price.

You also get a lot of room for the money. We had a king bed, small vanity and mirror area outside the bathroom, a kitchen (stove, fridge, micro, dishes, sink, silverware, table and chairs) and a writing desk in the room. They also have good cable TV, although we were too tired to indulge.

Dinner was at the CVS next door (very convenient and 24 hours ... nice staff there too) since it was so late, but we ate the breakfast buffet at the hotel and it was quite good. (You can charge it to your room.)

The rooms aren't what I would call fancy, but have everything you need. The bed was like a cloud. Seriously. Great bed. And just what I needed after a long wait at the airport and running around with my camera!

Staff arranged a town car immediately for us to the airport ($65 to Dulles) and he was also very nice.

We had a great experience at this hotel and will stay there again if we ever return to DC.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Catherine T

Dear Catherine T,

We are so happy to have read your review and that you had a great experience while staying with us. From the convenience of our location to most major DC sites, the helpfulness of our staff and the great value we present, this is definitely what we strive for all our Guests. Thank you and we hope to see you again.