State Plaza Hotel
Hotel Hive(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Arc The. Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
The River Inn(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
AKA White House(Washington DC)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,840 results
All reviewslincoln memorialdressing roomfull kitchenfoggy bottomnorth towergarden cafewhite houseliquor storewithin walking distancestove topdressing areaseparate kitchenminute walkgw universitywhole foodsfew blocksworld bank
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed in a newly renovated room in the old tower. Actually it was a suite with a king size bed. The bedroom was very large. The eat-in kitchen was large. The bathroom had an attached dressing room. All rooms were immaculate. The bed was so comfortable, that my wife made me look for a label, so we can purchase one for our home. I didn't find one. The kitchen came complete with a smaller full size fridge, pots pans silverware dishes and glasses. All spotless. A coffee maker with coffee and water bottles, all complimentary. Location is great, walking distance to most. If you need or forgot anything, there is a 24hr CVS right next door. All staff were very pleasant and helpful. Ritz Carleton watch out.

Room Tip: get a renovated room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David K
StatePlazaHotel, General Manager at State Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear David K,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are very proud to be one of few hotels in D.C. with extremely spacious rooms and attached kitchenettes, we are happy to hear that this was a nice surprise for you. We are delighted you decided to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

My teenage daughter and I spent two nights here while visiting GWU. I chose the hotel for its location and reasonable price and was pleasantly surprised. Although we stayed in the older tower and our room certainly could have used a renovation (including re-carpeting), it was clean, spacious, comfortable and quiet. There's a Metro stop, CVS, Dunkin Donuts and Whole Foods nearby and we were very comfortable walking around the neighborhood at night. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the newer tower. If that's not possible, get a room away from the elevators which can be a little squeaky.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NewRocMom

Dear NewRocMom,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review. We are in a very central location, just minutes away from the national mall as well as many other attractions and it is nice to know that this was helpful to you throughout your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our nation’s capital!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Had a great stay here in June 2013 and I was amazed at how nice the hotel and room was for the price we paid.

The location is really close to the White House, and the National Mall where many of the main sights are. Bring your walking shoes though as it's more convenient to walk between these than get the Metro. It's a few blocks to walk to the Metro, but pleasant as it's a nice area around GWU.

We had a double double room which I thought was a very generous size, bathroom was lovely, and the kitchenette was really handy for breakfasts and snacks. There's a CVS next door so it's very handy to pick up groceries.

I'd highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dajaffa

Dear dajaffa,

We are so happy to have read your review. It is great to hear that our location was the perfect fit for you during your stay, and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Washington D.C.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

First time I stayed in Washington DC. I relied on these reviews to help me make the decision to stay here. Price was good and location relative to the Memorials was also great. The hotel was better than I expected. Very nice people and all of them were very focused on making sure we were happy. Ate at their restaurant for a late dinner + morning breakfast buffet. Food was okay, but most of all convenient. Most importantly, the room was clean and comfortable. Not sterile and plastic. I traveled with my wife and would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mike M,

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. Our associates work extremely hard to ensure our guests feel as if they are in their home away from home and I am happy to see that their hard work is being noticed. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Excellent spacious room with the added facility of the kitchen meant that we had a choice of dining in or out - kept exceptionally clean on a daily basis. A special mention for Malcolm on reception who was always friendly and very helpful - even let us stay in our room a little longer on the last day even though the hotel was fully booked. Excellent location for walking to all the sites but also near Foggy Bottom Metro for those who prefer to let the train take the strain. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KimmY894
StatePlazaHotel, General Manager at State Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear KimmY894,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our spacious rooms, excellent location and our wonderful service. Please come back and see us the next time your travels bring you back to the nations capital!