“Nice Hotel , Perfect location”
Review of Capital Hilton

Capital Hilton
Ranked #97 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 11 August 2011

location is perfect just near the white house and the tour bus stop. the rooms are nice , bathrooms are clean , the executive lounge is small but good. it also has starbuks coffee machine. I would stay here again if I visit washington in the future.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
gbrown231, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to learn of your positive experience, and look forward to welcoming you when you are again in Washington. Regards, Greg Brown, General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,204)

Reviewed 11 August 2011

This is a nice hotel. It's in a great location. It was clean, nice bathroom, comfortable bed. Small room. It was worth every penny of what we paid for it on Hotwire (which was about $100). This hotel retails for $300. I would have been very upset if I paid that. Heads up - they charge $42 dollars a day for parking! I said no thank you an drove down the street and found two garages within a few blocks that charged $15 or less (One on M street and one on Rhode Island Street). When I said no thank you to their parking, the valet guy at Hilton actually straight up lied to me and said there was nowhere else for me to park. The breakfast is expensive here too, but there's a Starbucks right around the corner.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Treyzo

Thank you for your reveiw on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Capital Hilton, and I have made note of your comments concerning valet parking. While there are other parking garages in the vicinity, many are not open 24/7 - and can be inconvenient for customers wishing to access vehicles at all times. I will follow-up on your comment to assure that our valet parking staff informes guests about all area options. In that way, we will provide better services to all guests. Thanks again for your comments. Regards, Greg Brown, General Manager.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

Planned on staying at the Capital Hilton over a long weekend; booked in at this property as it was indicated on the hotel's website that it had an Executive Lounge. Checked in on Friday afternoon and was informed that the Lounge was closed on weekends (except for a brief period in the morning for breakfast). As I enjoy using the Lounge to work and have a nosh during the day, this was a disappointment. I resolved the problem by tranferring into the Washington Hilton, which has a Lounge open all day and evening, seven days a week.
Would be good if the Hiltons with an Executive Lounge would post on their website the hours of operation and provide a caution if they are closed on certain days.
WIth respect to room at the Capital Hilton, the room assigned was quite roomy and nice, although the bath was missing some of the usual amenities-- probably forgotten by the room maid.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I will act immediately on your suggestion to update our web site to indicate the operating hours for our Executive Lounge. I agree that our operating hours should be posted for the convenience of all guests. I do appreciate all of your feedback and your loyalty to Hilton. Regards, Greg Brown, General Manager.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed here with family from Italy, the rooms and location were great for what we needed. The executive lounge was nice for breakfast and snacks, front desk was very helpful with all of our requests.

Room Tip: Used AAA Discount
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank NJBackpacker

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I look forward to welcoming you back when business or pleasure next brings you back to Washington. Regards, Greg Brown, General Manager.

Reviewed 5 August 2011

The Capital Hilton is well located within a short walk to the White House - perfect to use as a base for sight-seeing activities.

Rooms were clean and service was normally prompt (we did experience a few times that the front desk wouldn't answer phone calls). The room we were given didn't have a view, but was very spacious and well designed. They appear to have been relatively recently refurbished, so were modern and well fitted out.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AussieMark95
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Stayed here in May- fantastic location ( one block from the White House), great rooms ( albeit a little small) and out of this world breakfast ( especially the omelette station).
This hotel had a nice, friendly vibe- I would definitely recommend it

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kaeri
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We spent the weekend here for a family event - and this hotel has not one redeeming quality. The parking for starters was full - at $42 a night - but the garage 25 feet away is $17. The elevators are the slowest things ever. We waited 15 minutes each time we wanted to come down from our room. But the worst part is the staff at the restaurant. 1- they are not properly trained - and there restaurant manager speaks very little english. We were with a group of people that the manager refused to serve - for no apparent reason - he claimed we were falling down drunk and underage - when they youngest person in the group was 30+ (and showed ID) and no one had more then 2 drinks prior to arriving at the bar!!! The manager had no idea how to handle the situation and instead of saying he made a mistake - he called hotel security. We then proceeded to the St. Regis hotel (right around the corner) where they were more then happy to serve us food and drinks. I asked the restaurant manager for a card so i could contact hilton directly - and he wrote his name down on a piece of paper. For $225 a night - i expect more. I have called the GM of the hotel - i will update accordingly should it be addressed properly.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family