“Very disapppointed and scammed!”
Review of Capital Hilton

Capital Hilton
Ranked #94 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Grovetown, Georgia
“Very disapppointed and scammed!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I paid in full $389.00 x 5 nights with Hotels.com for what was supposed to be a King Executive Suite with full buffet breakfast also an extra charge. I got a less than stellar King room with a leaky shower that was in need of renovation. I had to ask for my breakfast vouchers the next day and was told by the front desk that there would be a substantial charge to be upgraded for the suite. If it was not for the convenient location and the fact that my credit card was charged in full, I would have "ten toed expressed" out of there to a more suitable location. The advertising for this place appears to be misleading.

Room Tip: Make sure you pay for what you get.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GregIBrown, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Walked out the door everyday to explore D.C. at the tip of our fingers...excellent location. I would advise that this hotel does not have a pool , therefore , families may not find this appropriate with young children, as a adult , I myself missed having that luxury of a swim and a sauna at the end of the day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GregIBrown, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. Your gracious feedback is quite refreshing and very reassuring. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to the Nation's Capital. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the historic Capital Hilton in the future.
New York
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My stay at this Hilton was great for two reasons: i) location--it can't get much better than this in DC and ii) how nice the room was. I got so much done while staying here!

Location: You're a short walk to Dupont Circle, the White House, the World Bank/IMF, National Geographic, The Tabard Inn, Paul Bakery, Mai Thai, CVS, Whole Foods...you name it.

Room: The room was spacious and very comfortable. Moreover, the decor was bright--yellows, golds and browns made for a warm, welcoming tone. The bathroom was similarly very bright. Overall, the look of the room was a big step above many other hotel that use dim lighting and dark furnishings to hide dirt.

I asked for a quiet room and got it--such peaceful sleep! You have to pay for internet in the room, but it is free in the lobby downstairs. The bottles of water in the room were much appreciated.

Other things: the lobby downstairs had some nice spaces to check internet though the best seating is right near the door, and, in the winter, you are hit by a blast of cold air each time someone walks in or out. Staff were friendly and professional.

I would love to go back if only to get as much done as I did during my last visit!

1 Thank NewYorkTravelbug25
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate the time you took to review the hotel and share your thoughts. We are happy to hear that our convenient location and room accommodation factored in the success of your visit. We look forward to hosting you again on your next stay.
Annapolis, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great location! Two blocks from the North Side of the White House, great restuarants and a very safe centralized area of the city. It was my first staying at this hotel and I was very pleased. It's a beautiful hotel, the guest rooms are very nice and accommodating, and the service was top notch. I would recommond this hotel.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Like Lynne below, I also attended the advocacy summit located in this hotel. The check in process was easy, and my room was ready within half an hour of my arrival. The room itself was nice, though not always easy to navigate. The vending machine on my floor didn't work, so I had to go to the next floor up if I wanted anything. The location is nice, but the biggest problem with this hotel is that they are not disability friendly. Food allergies were not handled well, with gluten free muffins being served next to 'regular' breads and causing all sorts of contamination! I was very sick to my stomach due to this. The GF lunches were also just set out for all to grab, without being guarded or marked as reserved for the people who notified the summit that we had allergies - meaning when I came down for lunch the hotel had nothing they could give me for a lunch they were supposed to provide!! Myself and another person had to go out to lunch due to this, instead of resting up and preparing for summit activities. Dinner at least was well marked - but still not separated and I still became sick to my stomach. Many of the things set up at the hotel itself seemed to not be focused too much on being helpful to those with disabilities. The only people that were really helpful for me were the doormen and the bellmen. Being close to the White House was nice, but with a lumpy bed my joints weren't having it. The biggest plus is that the tub was at least big so I could soak. A hot tub or pool would've been nice though.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
We are so sorry for all of the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. If you would please contact us directly, we will be more than happy to further assist you in regards to your review.

Regards,

Greg Brown
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

the hotel and accommodations were old and not fitting of the Hilton Brand. The hotel needs to update the corridors and rooms. The bathroom amenities were of poor quality and the bathroom itself was very small

La Porte, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

When we booked this room we didn't realize how close it was to the White House. Imagine our surprise when discovered we were only a block and a half away! We immediately took my grandson for a walk to check it out. Oh, and the beds were super comfortable too.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family