“Capital Hilton”

Ranked #94 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Haverhill, United States
“Capital Hilton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

STAFF is amazing. My daughter, her friend and I came in on a very early flight. Unfortunately this was the only flight we could get. We were exhausted. Check-in time was 4 PM and that was understood when we confirmed the room. NO ISSUE! At 7AM we taxied to the hotel and were able to store our luggage and get some breakfast from the Executive Lounge. We then went out to start our vacation after freshening up in the rest rooms. SORRY! By 11:00 AM we were tired and hot. We asked if it was possible to see if our room was available. The staff was so kind and understanding. We were NOT able to check in but I knew they were trying and that made a difference. We ate lunch came back and sat in the very nice AIR CONDITIONED Lobby until our room was available. The man behind the desk juggled some rooms and was able to take care of us. Because we were 3 we were waiting on 2 queen beds. At that point we didn't care and 2 Double beds were available and we took them. Didn't even notice and the stay was amazing!! On Saturday I ordered a special tray of fruit, cheese and crackers from Room Service. It was not on the In-Room Dining menu, but I called in advance to see if they could make it happen. I was celebrating with my daughter and she doesn't get to travel much so the fancy room service was a treat. Room Service Staff listened to what I wanted to do and they NAILED IT!!! I was very happy and the staff seemed to enjoy doing it. Price was right as well!!! Amazing Location, the President is your neighbor. Thank you!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GregIBrown, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your great Tripadvisor review. It is certainly gratifying and reassuring to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also delighted to know that our friendly staff factored in the success of your visit. We take pride in our product along with our warm and welcoming staff, but nothing could make us happier than to hear great compliments for our staff and the services they provide to our guests. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the historic Capital Hilton in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just a few blocks away from The White House, awesome service, helpful staff, pretty good breakfast, and got an awesome deal. Rooms a little bit on the smaller side but nothing that couldnt manage a pack n play and refrigerator from the hotel for our toddler things you can request as a special service with no extra charge for them.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. Your gracious feedback is quite refreshing and very reassuring. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to the Nation's Capital. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the historic Capital Hilton in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

the best location, just in front of the white house on the 16th street. the team are friendly and helping with any issue you may have. the best value for money! please book it directly with the hotel's website and get a value pack: Park, connect and eat. Ofer

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GregIBrown, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Washington D.C., United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

While the hotel is in a great location, I was greeted by a rude staff member and this started the entire experience off on the wrong foot. The room I was given was small (by Hilton standards) and in a poor location. It was obvious that my taking advantage of an online deal obligated them to provide me with a room, but that was it. I do have to say that the Concierge was friendly and very helpful. He was the only positive part of my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Steven C
I am sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had.
Warner Robins, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is in a fantastic location! Only 4 blocks from the White House. We were with our 2 teenage daughters and we walked almost everywhere from here. We did take the Metro to the zoo and the Metro stations are close as well. The staff was very friendly as well. I would recommend getting a room with executive level privileges because it includes breakfast. You can also relax in the executive lounge after a day of sight seeing. The only drawback to this hotel are the bathrooms are extremely small but we really didn't mind. Would definitely recommend for a DC visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street. Traffic noise can be loud. For a great pizza, walk across the s...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GregIBrown, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We very much appreciate your kind comments and were pleased to learn of your experience at the Capital Hilton. Thank you for recommending us to other travelers!! We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the historic Capital Hilton in the future.
Regards
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is three blocks from the White House. That was my primary concern when we went to Washington DC for a vacation. We found the hotel very pleasant and offered your typical Hilton accommodations.

As breakfast goes, it was disappointing in that regard. The continental breakfast that was included the room had very sparse offerings. No bagels. No English muffins. No waffles.

I also had a very weird interaction with the person that operated the small convenience store just off the lobby. I was trying to purchase a pint of ice cream (priced at eight dollars!?!) and asked if they had spoons. My wife and I was there with my son and I asked him for three spoons. He pulled out the cheapest little plastic spoons you have ever seen and said he could only give me 2 spoons. All three of us were standing there and I said "there are three of us, we need three spoons." He apologized and politely refused. So I put the ice cream back and we left without any ice cream. It was very odd.

That said, considering the location, the price, the comfort, the quality, etc. at this hotel I highly recommend and suggest you stay here if you're going to DC to see things like the White House and the monuments.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Capital Hilton. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Nation's Capital. We appreciate your comments and we hope to welcome you back to the historic Capital Hilton soon
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This Hilton is not as expensive as some of the others that I looked at for Memorial Day Weekend, so I originally thought that it would not be as nice or would be hard to around DC from there. The location is terrific with easy access to the Metro (Farragut Station) and bus lines all around. First, instead of taxis, get a bus pass (Smart Pass plastic card) for $2.00 and add money to it. That's the best way to get around without constantly spending a load of money. But if money is no issue - cab away. There are plenty awaiting when you depart the hotel. The hotel has nice large bedrooms and bathrooms with good A/C throughout, nice large flat screen TVs and in-room safes. While it is not the most modern of Hiltons it also is not run down but has that nice feel of established luxury. There is a great bar straight ahead as you enter and step up a few stairs. Some may think that the bar prices are a bit high, but I think that they are standard if not a little below average for most establishments that don't have peanut shells or sawdust on the floor. Valet parking is available and the bellmen and concierge are also ready and waiting to serve you. The desk clerks are friendly and attentive. Good Hilton, Great price!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not near the elevators
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JLHoz
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate the time you took to review the hotel and share your thoughts. We are happy to hear that our convenient location and friendly staff factored in the success of your visit. We look forward to hosting you again on your next stay.