“The usual Hilton high standard”
Review of Capital Hilton

Capital Hilton
Ranked #98 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Excellent location, just a couple of blocks down from The White House. Great area for just waking around and sight seeing. Hotel staff helpful friendly and competent. Room large, very comfortable. We stayed for two nights, having made a side trip while staying in New York, but could have done with another one or two more days.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SouthseaDoug
David P, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear SouthseaDoug,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am so pleased to hear that you found the team to be helpful and friendly.

We hope to see you next time perhaps on a longer stay in the District.

David Piscola

Write a ReviewReviews (3,266)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here for a business trip. I picked the hotel because of the location. The lobby was beautiful and the staff was helpful. The hotel looked like it had a recent upgrade.

A few not so good things I will say; parking is $47, Room was small

I would stay here again but would really try to avoid parking here.

Dear StellaGrace,

Thank you for the review. I am so pleased to hear the Hotel worked well for your business trip.

We all look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed at the Capital Hilton for one night on a business trip. I had tried to find a hotel closer to the convention center, but the prices near Chinatown were $300+. I got a room at the Capital Hilton on the Hilton website for $180/night, which is SUPER deal for DC.

I did not check in until 10:30 p.m. because my flight was delayed. The bellman was helpful and I was warmly greeted at reception. I quickly took my bag to my room and went to the hotel bar for dinner. I was so grateful to be able to get a decent meal at 11:00 at night that I didn't even mind the prices. The crab cake sandwich really was quite good, as was the salad that came with it.

My room was large for a DC hotel - there was an entry way with a large closet and a sidebar with the coffee maker and supplies. There was a super comfy overstuffed couch near the entry way and then the king bed. The room was large enough to have 2 windows. The bathroom was a decent size for a big city hotel. The bed was comfy and the room was clean.

The best part of the hotel (for me) was the fitness center, The Mint. I was not charged to use the center because I have Silver status (which is the lowest level), so that was a pleasant surprise. The gym is actually open to the public and had rows upon rows of the latest cardio equipment. The ellipticals looked out onto the street and the people watching was AMAZING. There were also lots of weight machines an all the free weights you could possibly want.

The hotel had 5 elevators which was enough for this size hotel. I never had to wait long for an elevator.

I was able to check my bag with the bellstand after checking out with no problem at all. A cab was called for me with no delay. After my meeting was finished (which was near Chinatown), I decided to walk back to the Hilton rather than hailing a cab. It was an easy 20 minute stroll from Chinatown. This hotel really is in a great location to see much of DC. It would be a good location for the Spy Museum and Ford's Theater, if you don't mind a 15 minute walk.

Yes, the prices in the gift shop were high ($3.50 for a bottled water). However, they had some really cute stuff in there, including books for kids.

All in all, this is a great hotel for the price. I couldn't believe my luck finding such a good deal during midweek in DC.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Check all the drains prior to the morning, that way if the tub does not drain you still have time to switch rooms. Do not take a downsize if your room is not available. Breakfast is awesome and the concierge is very helpful and knowledgeable about the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank O5581FKanthonys

Thank you for your comments.

I am so happy to hear that your found the breakfast to be awesome and our concierge a big help.

I will certainly follow up on your comments regarding the drain.

Hope to see you back on your next visit to DC.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for the first time in a few years. It is a fine business hotel. Nothing special.

PROS: good wireless, great toiletries, nice service at reception, excellent on site gym, good food in executive lounge

CONS: very big hotel, long walk from elevator to room, gym closes early at 10pm and $15 charge, executive lounge closes early and opens late

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel is clean. The rooms are adequate. However, it's hard not to feel insulted by the ambience and prices. The cleaning staff was incredibly loud this afternoon, shouting to each other in the hallway. My check-in was bumbled due to some strange annoyance between the two people working at the front desk (not exactly a welcome).

The most troubling aspect of this hotel is the price gouging. The hotel store sells individual, bottled water for about $4.95. A chocolate bar will run you close to that. The room service - which, granted, is always a raw deal - trumps most hotels with an 18% fee on top of tax on top of a $5.00 ("in-room dining charge:). Internet, for 24 hours, is $13.95. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
David P, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Capital Hilton. We truly value your comments and observations.
We hope we will have another opportunity to welcome and serve you at the historic Capital Hilton in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Ideal location for business or for pleasure. Right downtown and only 2 blocks from the White house and also very close to the Reagan ariport. The big bus tours has a stop just two blocks away. Perfect hotel for a weekend getaway in D.C

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
David P, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear onehoyos,

I am so pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be the perfect getaway!

We hope to be of service to you next time you come to the District.