3,529 results
All reviews the executive lounge white house great location two blocks hilton honors k street junior suite corner room fitness center lobby bar valet parking couple blocks street noise downtown dc sight seeing national mall washington monument
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Everyone was super nice and helpful. Room was clean, bed comfortable. Food expensive so go out of the hotel to eat and drink. Check out Fuel pizza across the street on K - large pizza, salad and water for $24. Great view and access to White House.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
DavidPiscola, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Dear Rochelle F,

Thank you for the review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your clean and comfortable guest room and the easy access to the White House.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 21 August 2016

This was our first time staying at the Capital Hilton and we found it to be a solid property. The check in process was simple and quick, especially as HH members as they had a separate line. The room was a good size and had a couch instead of one chair and a desk chair. The bathroom was fine and the bed was comfortable. We especially enjoyed the quiet AC, not the noisy system you find at too many places.

The hotel seemed to be neat and clean and we didn't find it worn like some of the reviews we saw. The staff were friendly and we enjoyed having a nightcap in the lobby bar before calling it a day.

The room was very reasonably priced on a weeknight, the only thing we would have asked to be handled differently was parking. I understand the need for valet parking in downtown, but $56 a day seemed pretty steep to us.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Pat D,

Thank you for taking a moment to share with us your first time staying with us. I'm delighted you had a great experience. Please be confident that we will follow-up on the points you have outlined to avoid recurrence. The time taken along with the effort made to share your comments with us is most appreciated. Feedback from our guests is vitally important in our mission to be the first choice of the world’s travelers. We are hopeful that you will afford us the opportunity to provide lodging services in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

This hotel has the softest towels and washcloths I have ever felt ... almost wanted to steal them! The staff is very friendly & outgoing. The internet is fast, which is a big plus. Close to lots of restaurants and only 2 blocks from the capital.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Chuck M,

Thank You for sharing your recent Capital Hilton experience. I'm delighted our bath towels, location, and friendly staff left a lasting impression on you.

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 19 August 2016

Adjacent fitness facilities can only be used if you are the "right" Hilton Honors member or pay $15/day. Disappointing. The room and the hotel were nice enough, and the location is very close to the White House.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Christina R,

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your honesty. We look for reviews to provide insight into how we can better service our guests. I sincerely apologize the hours of Mint wasn't an option for you. We will make every effort to work with our partner on this.

We hope you will give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

As an experienced traveler, I can assure you there are many better options. This hotel hasn't been renovated in over 6 years. On check in I was offered an upgrade for $75 to a junior suite. I was always under the impression that diamond status would allow this for free. I declined and was given a room that reeked of mildew smell. I must admit a clean smelling room is all I ask. I waited hours and they offered me another room which clearly had been used by a smoker. Ugh

I asked for my diamond benefit to have a continental breakfast in the restaurant rather than the lounge. This always give me the opportunity to choose if the lounge is crowded or has limited options. The hotel said NO just the lounge.

Here is the big warning to all diamond members, I called Hilton Corp who said they had no power to over rule the hotel. In this way it is like the criminal deciding if he should go to jail. The Hilton representative encouraged the hotel to provide the breakfast but they declined.

My issues. Rooms should not smell. Upgrades when available should be given. Diamond guests should be made to feel special. With newer hotels all around. Why stay here??

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that don't smell
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
DavidPiscola, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Dear Howard F,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review on your recent stay. While you did receive an upgrade to our Executive Level automatically as a Diamond Member, I can see how a person could feel disrespected by the offer of a paid upgrade. This is a practice that we we review. We hope to see you again in the future.