“Unforgettable stay”

Ranked #50 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Chicago, Illinois
“Unforgettable stay”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My wife and I just spent our 30 th anniversary at Carlyle suites hotel and had a wonderful time .Our room was perfect ,I was not expected the room would be that good .it was very comfortable and great shower. The restaurant and the lounge were also excellent. The entire staff were wonderful and courteous and took care of our needs. We will return soon with our kids.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Arabic first
Queensbury, New York
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We spent 5 days at the Carlyle Suites last week and would not stay anywhere else if we come back to DC. We chose it based on reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. The room was wonderful and the bed was the most comfortable we have ever had in a hotel! I enjoyed the extra room in the grande king and appreciated the ability to cook meals. On a side note, there was no colander which I discovered after I cooked my spaghetti. (To be fair, if I had asked, I'm sure they would have sent one up). My other suggestion would be a large size frying pan - I had planned to make a couple of meals using one but all that was provided was a small pan. For most of you, this probably is a minor thing because you would go out for dinner, but I like to cook even on vacation.
The neighborhood was great - lots of embassies on tree lined streets. The metro station was about 5 blocks away and around Dupont Circle, there were lots of restaurants and shops.
All in all, a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Our room looked out on the parking lot, so no view, but it was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Found this hotel by accident - could not make a reservation anywhere in DC for the needed timeframe - after calling dozens - came down to the last call I was going to make.....and voila! Carlyle Suites had the two rooms we needed at the government rate.

Absolutely loved the location! From the moment I arrived and was greeted by David and Abou - I was impressed by the hotel staff. The hairdryer in my room had a short and after reporting it to the desk - a new one was installed within the hour.

Food was good in the bar - bartender was a bit grumpy and not as attentive as he should have been given the small number of clientele when we were dining.

Have another business trip to DC in the spring and will most likely stay at Carlyle Suites again.

Wonderful customer service!

Norman Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I travel to DC for business/pleasure each September and for several years have stayed in different hotels. From now on my stays will always be at the Carlyle Suites! This hotel is just a few blocks walk from the Dupont Circle Metro and the rooms are large with a comfy bed. What sets this hotel apart from others in the area is the staff. Everyone (with the exception of one grumpy bartender who did not want to share his bottle opener) went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. A special thanks to Dante and Bernadette. Only thing I would change is you need a bottle opener (not a corkscrew, these are here) in the room :)

Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 5 night is was a beautiful wooded neighborhood, my guests enjoyed every bits of there experience wonderful breakfast buffet served every morning, not to forget the special accommodation that we received from the restaurant management (other meats beside pork, plus a verity of earble teas requested by the attendees) specail mention to the very friendly front desk and the great gentel man at the lobby he was very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I recently stayed at the Carlyle while i was on business and the staff was friendly and very helpful. Everyone greeted me and asked what they could do to make my stay more comfortable. The rooms were very nice and well appointed- the stocked small kitchen is a fantastic bonus for those times when i wanted something small and didn't feel like going out. Overall- i would rank this hotel as my top choice for all future visits to the area!

UK
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. Mediombo was helpful and welcoming. Rest of staff were also helpful. Good location. Amenities nearby. Small but convenient kitchen with all the basic stuff. Easy walk to Dupont Circle.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family