“Great staff, location & price”

Kimpton Carlyle Hotel
Ranked #52 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I was in town for a conference at the nearby Washington Hilton - 10 mins walk away and 3x the price of a room at the Carlyle.

Attentive staff who fixed any problem immediately. Great price. This is the perfect place to stay for a biz trip or shot family break to DC. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014
Simon A, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear justin c,
Thank you so much for highly recommending the Carlyle Suites to other travelers. I am glad to hear that you love our location and the attentiveness of the staff to guests' needs. We know we will see again when you are back to DC. We look forward to welcoming you back! Best Regards! Simon Attagba, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

The rooms are spacious, rates are good. Kitchenette with pans and everything. Internet only worked when we put the laptop on the floor. Great beds (tempur mattress). Friendly staff. So I will visit again (and check wifi upfront)

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Burt144,
We thank you for the five star review, I have a great news for you on the Wifi! we did a major upgrade to our guest network and you should no longer have any issue with Wifi. I am so glad you had a wonderful stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you soon! Best regards, Simon Attagba, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We spent 3 weeks at the cute Art Deco-style Carlyle while looking for a new apartment in DC. From the beginning, the charming Mr. Abou and the entire staff were friendly and helpful in every way.

The housekeeping staff was wonderful and adopted our cat while he wandered the floor during the daytime -- nice to find a place where our furry family member is welcomed!

The rooms are of large size and a great value compared with other hotels in DC. Having an operational kitchen saves lots of money for breakfasts, snacks, etc., especially for longer visits like ours.

Excellent location, <10 min walk to lots of good restaurants, bus & subway to everywhere.

THANKS for everything!

Room Tip: Hotel is on a quiet street, so all sides are quiet. Some rooms are suites with dining tables and pu...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Simon A, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Hello RickinWashingtonDC,
It was very nice to see your five stars review, We are very happy you enjoyed your three weeks stay with us, Abou as you mentioned is one of our Best that just loves what he does.Thank you for acknowledging him. We know we will host you again or any family member visiting you in the City.

Best Wishes! Simon Attagba, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I had high hopes for this hotel. I arrived, only to find that they had given away my room (the last King Size bed), so my only choice was a 2 double beds room. They offered a room upgrade (also with double beds); however, I wanted the room type I reserved. They offered to move me to a King room the next day, but this would just have meant repacking and unpacking all over again.

I let it go, moved into my room and got completely unpacked (I was staying through the week). Just as I went on to use the complimentary wifi that was available to do some work (which is why I was in the city), I find that there is no Wifi router showing up in my options. Great. So, after calling the front desk and them coming up to the room to check, the deskman indicates that "because the room is at the far end of the hall it isn't able to reach to this particular room". Again, he apologized and was nice enough; however, now I had no choice but to have to move. So, he recommends that I move across the hall. We check to ensure wifi is working, and I get fully moved and settled, only to discover that the wifi drops in and out in this room because of the same issue. WONDERFUL! I'm very upset at this point and he offers to waive my parking after I asked; however, I had very non-existent wifi for most of my stay. On top of this, I crawl into bed only to find that they have memory foam mattresses. What a nightmare! It was hard as a rock. Clearly the hotel needs some work in running smoother.

Room Tip: Avoid end rooms…no Wifi!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank brickbark

Dear brickbark,
I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not as enjoyable as expected. We thrive to providing excellent service to all of our guests and it seems like we missed it here.
I hope you give us another chance to make it up to you.
As of the Wifi. We are working on a major upgrade to the network and it should be up and running very soon.
Let me know when you are planning to come back to DC and I will make sure your expectations are exceeded.
Sincerely! Simon Attagba, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I would like to thank you for the great service, clean room, and a special thanks to the front desk manager, Atabga, he was so nice, with his lovely accent.
Thank you so much Mr. Atabga, because of you my wife wants us to come back.

Room Tip: I will definitely tell my colleagues, especially my friends to stay in this hotel, please get the ro...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello irene k,
Thank you for taking the time to write this five stars review. I am very happy to hear that your stay was outstanding. This is what we thrive for and I am glad we met this goal with you.
I will be happy to welcome you back on your next visit to Washington DC.
Best Regards! Simon Attagba, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Perfect location - parked the car and walked to everything. I do recommend that you do a little research in regard to which side of the street you can park (without getting ticketed) The signs are not quite clear - but that's a city-wide thing.
Staff was very kind and the room was very clean.
I'll go back again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Hello 23508,
Thank you for recommending the Carlyle Suites to other travelers. I am very happy to hear that you were able to get around the parking struggle we have in the District. The entire housekeeping staff is very appreciative that you mentioned the cleanliness of the rooms, indeed the ladies do a fantastic job to make sure the rooms stay clean and we all are happy that you noticed it.
Thank you again for the five stars, we shall see you again on your next trip to DC.
Best Regards! Simon Attagba, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Great hotel, beautifull big rooms with all the extra's! The only problem is parking, vallet is 29 dollars a day.... and curbside is max 2 hours. We parked our car near the hotel during the nights, picked it up at 9 in the morning and parked it in a garage in the city center for only 14 dollars a day if your in before 10 :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room not in the walkway to the elevator
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Koenzie,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and the size of the room. Parking is just challenging around this area but it's good to hear that you overcome it. We hope to see you again next time you are back to town.
Sincerely, Simon Attagba, Front Office Manager