“Good place for extended stay”

Kimpton Carlyle Hotel
Ranked #50 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 13 nights and I enjoyed it. It has a small but very functional kitchen in the room. All the staff are very friendly. They have in-house laundry place as well. I am very impressed by the frontdesk staff Michelle and Karen, for their hospitality and help.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Runze Y
Simon A, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Runze Y,
Thank you so much for the five star, staying for 13 nights feels like home, I am glad you enjoyed it.
We know we will see again next time you are back to DC.
Best wishes! Simon Attagba, Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,220)

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Lovely renovated art deco style rooms with kitchenettes, pleasant and helpful staff, lovely neighborhood, close to restaurants, supermarket and DuPont Circle subway. Was perfect for our 4 day visit to Washington as first time tourists. Would certainly stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear MMHPerth,
I am glad to hear that your 4 days visit to Washington as first time tourists was perfect. This is the impression we want our guests to have leaving Washington DC. I am glad we met this goal with you. Now, you have a place to stay when you are back to DC. I look forward to welcoming you back!

Sincerely, Simon Attagba, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Spent the weekend here with my husband. If you like staying in small, boutique type hotels, this is a great find. Friendly, attentive front desk staff. Each time you return to the hotel, you are greeted with a "welcome home" from the staff at the door. The room was spacious, loved the deco decor, which was throughout the hotel. We were upgraded to a grand king, there was a small kitchen, Keurig coffee maker which I used each morning, the bed was very comfortable. This is a very good value and a really nice place to return to at the end of a full day. I would definitely return without hesitation. Good restaurants close by, try Annie's for lunch or dinner, it was very good, great service as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear NewYorkTravelladdy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with other travelers. We thank you for the great comments about our hotel and the staff, We know if we got four star, we will definitely get five star on your next visit. Please let me know when you are coming back to DC so I can personally say hello to you!
I look forward to welcoming you back! Best Regards! Simon Attagba, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a lovely evening at this luxurious place near our daughter in DC. It looks like they worked really hard to turn what might have been a shabby old hotel or apartment into lovely suites. Our room had a small kitchenette with sink, stove, microwave and storage space, as well as a fairly large bedroom and separate bathroom area. The bed was extremely comfortable; the noise level low even though we were on the first floor, the furniture (sofa, chairs, desk, lamps, bed stands, and low table for people sitting on the coach, of moderate quality and relatively new). It was surely not a 5 star place -- with small defects and little annoyances (toilet handle was extremely loose -- kitchen area did not have a door or a covering for the window -- so ambient light came into the bedroom). But it was still, in total, a delightful experience -- with an extremely helpful, if not obsequious staff (with at least 9 different languages spoken to an international clientele). The rate was among the lowest in the area -- a pleasant surprise for a place so much in the middle of DC and so near our daughter.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear asha34,
Thank so much for sharing your experience with others, We are glad you enjoyed your stay. we know you will be coming very often as your daughter is around us. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Sincerely, Simon Attagba, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is a very nice hotel in a great part of the city. It sits in a nice neighborhood away from the hustle and bustle of other larger hotels. Yet there is plenty to do in the area. Good food, shopping and U Street music scene only a walk away. Rooms are clean and comfortable. And service staff was very friendly. Parking rate could be a little more reasonable. That's my only complaint.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Simon A, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Dave C,
Thank you so much for sharing these great comments with others, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned, the neighborhood is just ideal if you are visiting Washington DC. We also thank you for pointing out the cleanliness of our rooms, the ladies do a fantastic job maintaining these rooms clean and we are happy you acknowledge their efforts.
Now that you found us, we will expect you on your next visit to DC. We look forward to seeing you soon! Sincerely, Simon Attagba, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 28 February 2014

efficient clean and spacious room with a little kitchen for cooking breakfast or small dinner ! helpfull staff ! excellent price for the quality of services !
highly recommanded
just 10 minutes walk from the subway ( complex fees system ! or buses (more easy to understand) in Dupont Circle area (cool for the Philips collection museum 10 minutes walk :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank studiocc75

Dear studiocc75,
We thank you for the five star review, It's very nice to here that your stay was enjoyable. We know we will see again on your next trip to Washington DC. Best Regards! Simon Attagba, Front Office Manager!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The Carlyle Suites was an art deco apartment building turned hotel. The "apartments" turned into "hotel suites" were studio apartments. While not large, they are comfortable with a decent small kitchen, sitting, and dining area. My room was well maintained. It was billed as a no smoking room. When I first went in, I smelled a faint smell of cigarettes. I notified the desk and they offered to move me immediately. I said I was fine as it wasn't a big deal. I just didn't want them to charge me a cleaning fee for the "non-smoking" room. All the staff I encountered will very cordial and accommodating. It's nice they've kept some of the art deco touches. It is things like that which separates it from the cookie cutter name brand hotels in the city. The location, as others have pointed out is great. Dupont Circle and all it offers, including a Metro stop on the red line (Metro Center, Smithsonian, the Zoo, Bethesda/Silver Spring, MD are all on this line). The breakfast was varied, filling and good. Eggs are cooked to order, if you ask. You won't find a better mix of price, quality, or location. I would gladly stay there again for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor along the back of the hotel to avoid street or mechanical noise (HV...