“Would definitely return”

Kimpton Carlyle Hotel
Ranked #51 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just returned from a couples get away in Washington,DC. The Carlyle Suites was in the Dupont district...close enough to Washington attractions, yet small enough to have a cozy feel tucked in a beautiful old neighborhood. Our room was spacious with a wet bar and small kitchenette. The front desk staff was extremely helpful with restaurant accommodations and directions. Michelle Black was especially kind by sending up a bottle of champagne to celebrate a marriage in our group.
The restaurant even graciously served us after they were closed for lunch one day. We found the Carlyle Suites to be a very personal and intimate hotel....we'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ktowhead
Lizann T, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2014

Dear Ktowhead,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our spacious, yet cozy accommodations and superb remote location, near many dining options and public transportation. We take great pride in maintaining the upkeep of our historic Art Deco Landmark. I will be sure to recognize Michelle for a job well done in ensuring that your stay was a pleasant one. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Carlyle Suites, Washington, D.C.

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Carlyle Hotel

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My first but certainly not my last visit at the Carlyle was more than what I expected! The physical space, hospitality and ambience was wonderful, well beyond my expectations. The front desk staff met all my needs. Abu went above and beyond the call of duty, meeting the needs of his guests.
Will I come again? Most certainly. Will I recommend the Carlyle? Most definitely.

Thank for making my stay in DC most memorable.

Room Tip: Top floors the best as you get a perfect view of the Washington Monument.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Lizann T, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2014

Dear Wanda S,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback of the Carlyle! I am pleased that this would not be your last visit and we certainly look forward to making each visit better than the last. Your kind sentiments were shared with the team and Abou in particular and we are all thankful to you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Please visit again!

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I was very pleased to have stayed at this place. As soon as I entered two guest service receptionists welcomed us with big smile. With best guest service i ever experienced at this hotel vs all the other hotels I have stayed it's my promise that whenever I go to DC Carlyle will be my only choice.

I would like say special thank you to Mr Abou and Ms Kamaria for the great guest service extended.

• Stayed: August 2014
Susu A, Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

Hello Pankaj K! Thank-you for sharing the fun you had at the The Carlyle. Your review really lets us know we are doing something right! We strive to exceed guest expectations and help create memorable experiences, and we’re happy to know that we are your new home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back HOME soon!!

Cheers,

Susu

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The staff is fantastic and made us feel like their guests, not like a number.
The room was very cool. It is also the most quite and private room we have ever stayed in.
The neighborhood is fun and close to many restaurants.
Thank you to Abou, Michalla and Madiombo for your attention to detail.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Joanna R

Hello Joanna R,Thank-you for sharing your 5 star experience with fellow travelers. We are thrilled you enjoyed our incredible team and our buoyant location. We pride ourselves in unmatched service and enjoy making our guests feel well taken care of. Thank-you for staying with us, come back and visit us soon!

Cheers,

Susu

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here while I attended the APA conference. The hotel was perfect for bringing dogs as it is right beside the dog park. Upon arrival, we noticed the hospitality of the staff. Everyone welcomed us each time we entered the hotel. The breakfast was buffet style and delicious. The room was excellent and included a kitchen which was handy for heating up leftovers. I don't have any complaints and I'm super appreciative of the staff for being so helpful!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Lizann T, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Dear Savannahnashay,
Thank you kindly for your nice review of our property. I am delighted that you found the accommodations and Dupont location adequate and comfortable, not only for guests, but our four-legged friends as well. I will be sure to share your feedback to my Operations and Food and Beverage team, they will be thrilled that they made a positive impact on your visit.
If business or pleasure allows you to return to Washington, D.C., please come see us again.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I chose this property based on the reviews. It not only lived up to the high praise, in my opinion, it exceeded it.

The neighborhood was quiet and pleasant. Several excellent shops, restaurants, and bars with located conveniently near the hotel. Yet it was only a short walk to the White House and other attractions. The property is an art deco style that has been beautifully restored.

We opted for a junior suite (I can't remember if that was the exact room type it was called, but larger than a standard room). It had a small galley kitchen that was well equipped with all the essentials. When traveling with two teenage boys, this is especially important! This spotless room had two double beds and a pull out couch. Four large windows provided ample natural light and gave a great view (it felt a bit European). The room was much larger than the average hotel room and actually felt more like a studio apartment. It was very comfortable for our family of four.

But even better than the location and rooms was the service. From our warm welcome at check in (thank you Simon!) to the staff arranging for taxis, it was so much more welcoming than a large chain hotel. Everyone we encountered on the hotel property was friendly and helpful. Service this outstanding should be recognized.

This hotel is a hidden gem. When I return to DC, it will be my quiet oasis in a bustling city.

Room Tip: The suites are excellent for families.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Denise M
Lizann T, Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear ARealMother,
This is truly a wholehearted felt review of the Carlyle Suites!! Outstanding service you experienced during every encounter is our ultimate aim and we appreciate the time you took to give us this recognition. Simon is such a gem and I look forward to sharing your kind words with him-he will be beyond thrilled. To know that your expectations were exceeded is most gratifying to our team for their collaborative efforts. When you are ready to return to Washington, D.C….your quiet oasis awaits!!
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our recent stay here. The location was wonderful and the surrounding neighborhood just beautiful. Loved the Art Deco style, the rooms and the staff! We felt cared for and the manager's attention to quality and concern for the guest experience really showed. Will definitely stay here again. Good price, on-site laundry and pet friendly too. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear PM W,
Oh what a fantastic review 5 star review! When you “couldn’t ask for anything more”- is most gratifying to us. We certainly also appreciate the time you took to share your feedback and it gives us great joy that the experience you captured is exactly what we strive to deliver daily. We are truly fortunate to call our business an Art Deco landmark and we take great pride in the upkeep of the property to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied. When travels allow you to return to Washington, we truly hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back with another 5 star experience!
Assistant Front Office Manager