“rebecca o " Great service"”

Kimpton Carlyle Hotel
Ranked #51 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 28 August 2014

we had a great time here! this hotel was a great choice. everything was wonderful. the service was great and caring. my friends and i enjoyed ourselves. Rebecca was always checking on us and seeing how we were doing. she made us feel very comfortable. she would know just the right words to say. when we got into our rooms we were very astounded. everything looked so good. our rooms had flat screen televisions, movie, news and sports, HBO and Showtime and many more! the bathroom looked so lovely! it had a great kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, dishware and flatware. i cant wait to come back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Bria D, Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

WOW! Thank you for your awesome five star review! I cannot wait to pass on all of these nice comments you have made about Rebecca. I am also glad you had a great time here and we are excited to welcome you back on your next visit to the nation’s capital!

Bria D.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,218)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed at the Carlyle last night after reading so many positive reviews. I was traveling with one of my sons visiting colleges in the DC area. Upon arrival I was warmly greeted by Rebecca at the front desk, as she reviewed my reservation she explained that I had booked a double room which I did, she went on to explain that a double room only has 1 bed. I explained that we would need a room with 2 beds, without hesitation she checked for another room and found that there was one available and checked us into that room at the same price! She could not have been nicer. The room was terrific, clean and had a kitchenette in it. The bathroom was very small but clean. Beds very comfortable. Great residential neighborhood.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Matt K

Matt K, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad Rebecca was able to comfortably accommodate you and your son into a room with two beds! We wish your son the best with his college search and hope to welcome you back to our comfy beds the next time you’re in town!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

this is a great hotel. overall I think this is the best hotel I've ever been to. I wanted to come to dc and relax at a hotel, but I didn't know which hotel to go to. so i went online and i saw a lot of great reviews on the hotel. so i decided to come over and relax myself. it was an incredible stay. the food was amazing! Rebecca helped a lot because this was my very first time here. she was a big help! she was so friendly and generous. when i went into my room i said to myself wow! this is a beautiful place. it had a 37" HD lcd flat screen,full service kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, dishware and flatware, tempur-pedic bed, in-room coffee systems,free high speed internet access, and cable with movie, news, sports, hbo, and showtime channels. i will definitely be coming back here!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kadi t

Hi Kadi t! Thank you for staying with us! We are elated to know you had such an excellent stay with us. I am so glad Rebecca was able to help you out; she really is a rock star here! Thanks for noticing all of the awesome amenities we offer! You can kick back and relax with us anytime! See you again soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Carlyle hotel, we booked out reservation base of trip advisor we seen a lot of good review, so we decided to book rooms for our family trip. The hotel has a beautiful decor, room are big, we had 2 bed and a sofa bed..love the little cup of coffee, everyday I will call the front desk, Rebecc was alway there to provide us with extra coffee. When we arrive a young lady checked us in, and we mention that my son had a cold, later on that day, rebecc call to check on him and asked if he wants any soup or hot tea, we though that was beyond any service we receive at any hotel. Will be coming back!!!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank rebecca i
Bria D, Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words! I am so happy Rebecca was able to take care of you! Hopefully your son is feeling better. We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family again soon on your next trip to Washington, DC!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We discovered this gem during our stopover in Washington, DC. It's a boutique hotel, with Art Deco charm and character. Each suite is slightly different. What value for the money, too. Beautiful room, with bonus kitchenette. We got the same terrific service you'd expect from the big chain hotels, without the price. The staff was friendly, calm and accommodating for our many questions - how to get around, best place for breakfast, etc. (Thank you especially to Michelle, Kamaria, Barack, Arafat and Mr. Koon who also checked the room to make sure we didn't leave anything behind.)

The location is great on Embassy Row, a residential area, so you feel like a local, and it is close to the subway to get you to all the tourist sites (or take a longer walk).

We liked it so much on our stopover that we made time to stay again on our way back. Can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
Lizann T, Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Dear IreneKandK,

Thank you for your wonderful five star review of the Carlyle Suites! I am glad that you stumbled us and it became worth you while. I truly appreciate the time that you took to share your kind words of our Art Deco gem to other travellers! We are very fortunate indeed to be in a great location such as Dupont Circle in which you get to embrace living like a local, yet accessible to many major attractions.
I will be certain to extend your praises to Michelle, KaMaria, Barack, Arafat and Mr. Cung of a job well done!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Carlyle Suites in the near future and will be sure to offer you the terrific service that you deserve.

Best Regards,
Lizann Thompson
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is our second visit to the Carlyle; the last was 4 years ago. Our first visit was very nice so we decided to come back a second time. The location is perfect! Close to the metro and a ton of restaurants close by. Abou really helped us out with a room upgrade which gave our child some more room to run around in when we were here. Kitchens are extremely handy as well. Rooms are clean and well appointed. I would recommend Carlyle suites to anyone coming in to visit the area.

Room Tip: Talk to Abou, he will help sort you out.