“exceptional deal in DC”

Ranked #51 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
“exceptional deal in DC”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

The Carlyle is an incredible bargain for what you get - convenient location, tasteful brand-new Art Deco decor, a mini-apartment with everything you need from a microwave to an iron to lots of outlets for plugging in things, charming helpful staff. I had a standard double room and it was spacious, comfortable and quiet with one of the best beds I've ever slept in...so many attributes, such a nice atmosphere. I wanted to move in permanently.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Cathy N
Lizann T, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this review, 14 September 2014
Dear Cathy N,
Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 star experience at the Carlyle Suites. I am pleased that you found our spot to be an exceptional deal. We certainly also appreciate the time you took to share your feedback and it gives us great joy that the experience you captured from our staff and facility is exactly what we strive to deliver daily.
We are truly fortunate to call our business an Art Deco landmark and we take great pride in the upkeep of the property to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied. When travels allow you to return to Washington, we truly hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back with another 5 star experience!
Best Regards,
Lizann Thompson
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Carlyle hotel was by far the best hotel I've ever been to. My family and I enjoyed ourselves. I met an lady name Rebecca. She was so wonderful the service was excellent. Her positive attitude made me love staying at the Carlyle hotel. She always kept an smile on her face. After spending time at the Carlyle hotel I would say this was the best hotel in D.C .

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Francillia K
Bria D, Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this review, 21 September 2014
Francillia K, Wow! The best in D.C.!! That is music to my eyes!!! I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! It is truly our greatest joy to make your stay one to remember! I am glad Rebecca was able to take care of you during your stay. We cannot wait to welcome you back home on your next trip to D.C.!

Cedar Grove, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 29 August 2014

All the staff starting at curb side to showing us to our room were friendly and helpful. When you return after a long day of sightseeing someone greets you with"welcome home". What a warm feeling. Thats the atmosphere of the Hotel you feel at home. I can't way enough about Rebecca and Meclianbo. If you plan a trip to DC this is "The Hotel"

Room Tip: Corner room,best view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Lizann T, Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Dear Suzanne P,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks of the Carlyle Suites Hotel! It is truly heartfelt to know that you enjoyed your stay from your curbside welcome to your departure. It is our ultimate aim to ensure that you stay is a pleasant one and Rebecca and Mediombo did not disappoint with being attentive to your needs. I will be certain to recognize them for a job well done.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Carlyle Suites for another great experience when travel allows you to return to the Nation’s Capitol!

Best Regards,
Lizann Thompson
Front Office Manager
Wyoming, Michigan
Reviewed 28 August 2014

we had a great time here! this hotel was a great choice. everything was wonderful. the service was great and caring. my friends and i enjoyed ourselves. Rebecca was always checking on us and seeing how we were doing. she made us feel very comfortable. she would know just the right words to say. when we got into our rooms we were very astounded. everything looked so good. our rooms had flat screen televisions, movie, news and sports, HBO and Showtime and many more! the bathroom looked so lovely! it had a great kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, dishware and flatware. i cant wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Bria D, Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
WOW! Thank you for your awesome five star review! I cannot wait to pass on all of these nice comments you have made about Rebecca. I am also glad you had a great time here and we are excited to welcome you back on your next visit to the nation’s capital!

Bellmore, New York
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed at the Carlyle last night after reading so many positive reviews. I was traveling with one of my sons visiting colleges in the DC area. Upon arrival I was warmly greeted by Rebecca at the front desk, as she reviewed my reservation she explained that I had booked a double room which I did, she went on to explain that a double room only has 1 bed. I explained that we would need a room with 2 beds, without hesitation she checked for another room and found that there was one available and checked us into that room at the same price! She could not have been nicer. The room was terrific, clean and had a kitchenette in it. The bathroom was very small but clean. Beds very comfortable. Great residential neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Matt K
Matt K, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so glad Rebecca was able to comfortably accommodate you and your son into a room with two beds! We wish your son the best with his college search and hope to welcome you back to our comfy beds the next time you’re in town!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

this is a great hotel. overall I think this is the best hotel I've ever been to. I wanted to come to dc and relax at a hotel, but I didn't know which hotel to go to. so i went online and i saw a lot of great reviews on the hotel. so i decided to come over and relax myself. it was an incredible stay. the food was amazing! Rebecca helped a lot because this was my very first time here. she was a big help! she was so friendly and generous. when i went into my room i said to myself wow! this is a beautiful place. it had a 37" HD lcd flat screen,full service kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, dishware and flatware, tempur-pedic bed, in-room coffee systems,free high speed internet access, and cable with movie, news, sports, hbo, and showtime channels. i will definitely be coming back here!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kadi t
Hi Kadi t! Thank you for staying with us! We are elated to know you had such an excellent stay with us. I am so glad Rebecca was able to help you out; she really is a rock star here! Thanks for noticing all of the awesome amenities we offer! You can kick back and relax with us anytime! See you again soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Carlyle hotel, we booked out reservation base of trip advisor we seen a lot of good review, so we decided to book rooms for our family trip. The hotel has a beautiful decor, room are big, we had 2 bed and a sofa bed..love the little cup of coffee, everyday I will call the front desk, Rebecc was alway there to provide us with extra coffee. When we arrive a young lady checked us in, and we mention that my son had a cold, later on that day, rebecc call to check on him and asked if he wants any soup or hot tea, we though that was beyond any service we receive at any hotel. Will be coming back!!!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank rebecca i
Bria D, Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for your kind words! I am so happy Rebecca was able to take care of you! Hopefully your son is feeling better. We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family again soon on your next trip to Washington, DC!