“GREAT LOCATION, STAFF, COMFORT AND CLEANLINESS”

Kimpton Carlyle Hotel
Ranked #51 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Johannesburg South Africa
“GREAT LOCATION, STAFF, COMFORT AND CLEANLINESS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

All the staff at this hotel, particularly Simon and Janice went out of their way to make us feel at home and ensure that we had a pleasant stay.

Our marvelous experience started when Michael from Mc Sedan & Van Services, the company arranged by the hotel to pick us up from the airport gave us a comfortable and informative ride to the hotel where we were greeted like family and taken to our clean and comfortable room with kitchenette and a lovely view.

The hotel is extremely clean and comfortable and situated in a quaint residential are close to the metro, shops and restaurants. We could not have wished for a more pleasant hotel experience, which made our first trip to a trully wonderfull city memorable. WE WILL RETURN

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Arabic first
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

First, thanks for all the previous TA reviews. They were a deciding factor in my choosing CSH.

Carlyle was my second choice, once I saw that the Hilton was sold out. This was my first stay and all I was hoping for was a clean bed, safe neighborhood, and no hassle. What I got was great service, a comfortable, clean room and good ground zero is explore the city.

Suites mean suites here, nice kitchen, microfridge, loved the shower. In your room. keep on your socks, the carpet looked clean but was all kinds of dirty (most hotel room carpets are).

I wanted to be near Dupont Circle, and the CSH is maybe two short blocks from Connecticut Avenue where all the shops and restaurants are (Kramerbooks is a 24hr bookstore & Cafe!).

I also dined at Twist (the on-property bar/restaurant). Nothing super fancy, average prices, but the mushroom ravioli was a treat. I was interested in the much-hyped brunch buffet, but with a McD around the corner and 15-20 restaurants within walking distance, breakfast was covered.

I did not get my wake-up call, but I would definitely stay here again, as a first-choice. My rate in September 2010 was $199 per night.

Notes:
Internet was consistent, a bit slow downloading from iTunes, but got the job done.

If you are driving, get there early (by 5 or 6, the free lot fills up quick)

I definitely felt safe in this neighborhood, even walking back around 1 AM.

Official CHS website promises lowest rates, but Expedia & Travelocity beats em every time.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

Carlyle Suites did an awesome job welcoming us during our weekend stay - 11 year Anniversary celebration. I think my husband and I have found our new favorite little getaway location - the rooms are great. A special THANKS to Quintin - The Front Desk Supervisor, he is an awesome guy and went above and beyond to assist us - he gave us great suggestions on local resturants and nightlife and even set up a last minute late evening manicure/pedicure for me and my husband - Great job Team Carlyle you guys ROCK! We will be back...Loved the spacious rooms, very comfortable king bed, great linens and lovely fully stocked kitchen...so cozy.

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

We absolutely loved this hotel. Big rooms with a completely equiped kitchenett: fridge, microwaves oven, toaster, dishes and cooking pans, cutllery, an electric coffe maker whose coffe capsules were left everyday in our room... We had two Queen-size beds with Tempur matresses which are very welcome after a busy day out. The location is also perfect, near all the restaurants and pubs of Dupont Circle, and just by 16th St, which leads directly on to the White House. The front desk staff was very friendly and prompt to anwser every question. And another important issue: they have a free, though small, parking lot behind the building. Free wi-fi in all rooms. Only one negative point: breakfast is not included in the price, but you can perfectly make your own breakfast in your room, so what else can you ask for?? We would definitely stay there again.

Fremont, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

Anyone who has visited DC knows that there is no better area to stay in than Dupont Circle. We were very, very pleased with this hotel. It was about 2 blocks from the center of the circle and the Metro. On the next block over from the hotel was a great selection of restaurants, bars, and even a grocery store that we ended up visiting to buy breakfast food. Since the units all have darling kitchens we decided to do breakfasts right in the room. The room was VERY spacious and clean. (I'm pretty picky about that.) They were very nicely decorated in a contemporaty motif. We felt very much "at home". The staff, from the bartender to the front desk staff to the housekeepers, could not have been more friendly or helpful. In fact one evening upon our return one of the front desk gentlemen greeted us with "Welcome Home!" I loved that!

We will definately stay here again when we return to DC. We found no "cons" with this hotel.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

This was our first visit to Washington D.C. and the hotel was ideal. The location was close to the metro, and taxi service, and right off of Dupont Circle which I found to be quite a safe and clean area. We were surrounded by great restaurants and cozy bars and alot of people out walking, jogging, eating, and having a good time. Our room had everything that we required, and more. The kitchen area was a real plus! and we had a coupon for 20% off of all food and drinks purchased in the hotel! I don't think that we could have found a better rate anywhere nearby. The staff at the Carlyle Suites were the friendliest and most helpful staff that I have encountered in our travels. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. I we will definitely be staying here on all of our visits to Washington DC. Thank you Carlyle Suites!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

This was a great hotel! I absolutely loved it! It's on NH street, about three blocks from Dupont Circle, where all the fun restaurants are. The room was a suite, with a table, chairs, desk, sofa and coffee table, kitchenette (complete with dishes, mini fridge, coffee maker, electric stove, sink, and microwave).

Everything was so nice about this hotel, and I will DEFINITELY stay here the next time I'm in Washington.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business