“Great hotel in DC. Definitely coming back!!!”

Kimpton Carlyle Hotel
Ranked #49 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel!!
It was the friendliest staff ever! I would recommend it to anyone, anytime! Keep it up! The rooms (I stayed in two different rooms) were lovely and clean, the breakfast was delicious! Seriously it's one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Loved it!! Next time I come back to DC I know where I'll stay! Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 November 2010

I wanted to send a quick note to thank you for the excellent service that you provided to us over the weekend. We had a great time in DC and enjoyed both the city and the hotel stay very much. We are tired today but if we had to do it over again, we definitely wouldn’t change anything, including our stay at the Carlyle!

Best Wishes,

Sam Cicogna

Reviewed 21 November 2010

I have stayed in hotels all over the world, and I have never met a friendlier, more service oriented, and competent staff. This applies especially to David Trezevant, the Resident Manager, but also to all levels of staff from the front desk, bellmen, bartender, and housekeepers.

The hotel is in a really nice, quiet area convenient to shopping and good ethnic and other restaurants. The hotel also has arrangements with Washington Sports Club, which is an easy 10 minute walk away.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2010

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I would have to say the Tempurpedic beds were a huge benefit in staying at this hotel. Our suite was very nice, cleaned every day, and overall I had a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Parking, which I was extremely nervous about finding, was not a problem. I arrived right on time for check-in and there were at least 3-4 spots available behind the hotel. Parking is tight space-wise, but I have a Honda Civic, so it wasn't a problem squeezing into a spot. Suite has a kitchenette complete with a Keurig, a huge bonus. Also in the kitchenette was a stovetop, microwave, and minifridge. Regardless of whether or not you indicate with the doorhanger for a freshening up of the room, housekeeping will let themselves in and make your bed and give you fresh towels. For security reasons, this worried me, but nothing was missing from my room afterwards.

Hotel is within walking distance of Dupont Circle in a wonderful neighborhood, close to the Metro station, tons of restaurants, coffee spots, and bookstores. 2 Metro stops away is Metro Center, a short walk to the White House and all the other tourist attractions. What a great hotel! I would definitely stay again. As a very discerning hotel guest who usually stays at Hyatts, I happily recommend his hotel with wonderful personality.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Just returned from the Carlyle Suites: and after this past visit, this is where I plan to stay whenever returning to DC. The location was fabulous, the beds extremely comfortable, and the suites very attractive and roomy. Also, enjoyed having a kitchen if needed. I was told they remodeled a couple years ago and they did an excellent job!

Reviewed 8 November 2010

Our trip to Washington DC was unexpected. Our son called us at 4 AM with news of an appendicitis. Upon arriving in DC we called in hopes of finding a room. My wife explained our emergency and the Hotel and Staff extended a caring and sincere hand. The Resident Manager, David Trezevant, personally took care of every detail from extending our room on a daily basis to arranging parking for us. Because of the hospital stay for our son, the Carlyle Suites offered us a greatly reduced rate. The cleanliness, kindness, and personal attention that was afforded us was greatly appreciated during our time of concern for our son. All future stays in DC will be at the Carlyle Suites.