I had never stayed at The Beacon Hotel before but I will always stay there from now on. After a red eye from California I was exhausted when I arrived. My room was not ready (it was 8:00 am and check in was not until 3:00 pm) but the front desk took my cell phone, stored my luggage, and called me as soon as a room was available at 11:30 am. I have epilepsy and when I got back to the hotel I was exhausted and starting to have seizure symptoms. The hotel checked me in quickly and when I couldn't find my luggage ticket a kind bell hop, Solomon, told me just to point. My luggage was stuffed in the back of the room but with no complaining he moved all of the luggage to get mine out. He offered me help to my room but I declined. However, when I got in the elevator my key wouldn't work. He hopped in, scanned in his key, and took me to my room. When my key wouldn't work on the door, and I was clearly showing signs of distress, he sprinted downstairs to get me a new key. I was on the 8th floor and he was back in less than 4 minutes. When I finally got into my room he told me to just lie down. Solomon set-up my luggage, pulled the curtains close, turned off all the lights and quietly left me to sleep. He was a guardian angel/lifesaver. In the following 4 days of my stay I hugged Solomon whenever I saw him. I was just so grateful to him! He looked after me my entire stay jumping forward to help the minute I walked in or out of the door. My room was wonderful and everything went smoothly during my stay but Solomon went over and above anything that he had to do for me. A hotel that hires and keeps employees like him is a hotel that I will stay at again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beacon Hotel creates the perfect setting where guests can "Work, Relax and Play" in an atmosphere that is contemporary, welcoming and elegant. This summer enjoy the benefits of an extraordinary location, from where you can walk to the Smithsonian Museums and Monuments all within an easy walk or short metro ride, walk four blocks to The White House, off "Embassy Row" famous for stunning Diplomatic residences, yet equally convenient to the centers of business of "K Street" and Connecticut Ave. The Walter E Washington Convention Center, The cool restaurants and Night life of Dupont Circle and 14th Street. Two Metro stations are within easy walk. Accommodations include spacious deluxe rooms and our popular "Corporate Quarter Suites" inspired by New York Style studio living, featuring pantries, dining and living areas that complement the lifestyles of our guests with spacious accommodations. Ideal settings whether you are traveling with family, an urban explorer or if you are seeking a romantic escape. The Beacon Bar & Grill presents excellent dining and entertainment options: alfresco dining in season, an elegant dining room, light fare and creative cocktails are featured in season in our Sky-Bar rooftop lounge. Featuring creative American cuisine drawing inspiration from comfort foods, international cuisine and seasonal offerings. Our Saturday and Sunday Champagne Brunch, have been voted amongst the "Top Five" Champagne Brunches in the city for over 10 years running. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beacon Hotel And Corporate Quarters
- Beacon Hotel Corporate Quarters
- Beacon Hotel Washington Dc
- Beacon Hotel Dc