Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$399
US$320
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$371
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$395
US$330
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$433
US$355
  • Bar/Lounge
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$437
US$412
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$440
  • Pool
US$460
US$360
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
Free cancellation until 31/05
US$492
US$470
  • Room Service
US$464
US$413
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
Free cancellation until 02/06
US$630
1,385 results
All reviewsdupont circlewhite housenational geographic museumrooftop barfront desk staffroom keyking suitefew blocksbusiness centervalet parkingconvenient locationwhole foodsmetro stationbrunchkitchenettedishwasherfarragut
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I had never stayed at The Beacon Hotel before but I will always stay there from now on. After a red eye from California I was exhausted when I arrived. My room was not ready (it was 8:00 am and check in was not until 3:00 pm) but the front desk took my cell phone, stored my luggage, and called me as soon as a room was available at 11:30 am. I have epilepsy and when I got back to the hotel I was exhausted and starting to have seizure symptoms. The hotel checked me in quickly and when I couldn't find my luggage ticket a kind bell hop, Solomon, told me just to point. My luggage was stuffed in the back of the room but with no complaining he moved all of the luggage to get mine out. He offered me help to my room but I declined. However, when I got in the elevator my key wouldn't work. He hopped in, scanned in his key, and took me to my room. When my key wouldn't work on the door, and I was clearly showing signs of distress, he sprinted downstairs to get me a new key. I was on the 8th floor and he was back in less than 4 minutes. When I finally got into my room he told me to just lie down. Solomon set-up my luggage, pulled the curtains close, turned off all the lights and quietly left me to sleep. He was a guardian angel/lifesaver. In the following 4 days of my stay I hugged Solomon whenever I saw him. I was just so grateful to him! He looked after me my entire stay jumping forward to help the minute I walked in or out of the door. My room was wonderful and everything went smoothly during my stay but Solomon went over and above anything that he had to do for me. A hotel that hires and keeps employees like him is a hotel that I will stay at again and again.

2  Thank Fresnotravel
GregoryHotel, Front Office Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2013

Thank you for choosing the Beacon Hotel and taking the time to recommend us on TripAdvisor. We do want you to know that our number one goal is to provide absolute hospitality. Our reward is your total satisfaction and wanting to return to the Beacon. It was a pleasure receiving your positive review because it serves as an encouragement to all of our staff. Solomon was truly humbled by your kind appraisal and wants to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

I don't ask for much, but a clean room and good service are a most. Well my family of 4 got a very spacious and clean room. Every member of the staff we encountered or dealt with was very polite and friendly and this hotel is a keeper for whenever I go back to D.C.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Giforsure

We are so thrilled that you had a lovely stay. Thank you for taking the time to let others know how much you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Was there for work and a little sightseeing.Great location and near everything, The reviews we read said little about the food. We ate dinner there 3 times and felt the food was great. Try the Boston Cream Pie. The staff was great and very helpful. Stayed in an executive suite and suggest you do the same. It is not much larger than most normal hotel rooms we stay in and certainly smaller than most suites we stay in. The room was clean and offered good amenities (WIFI, Bath amenities, coffee maker, safe,eating table). Wish it would have had more plugs for all our toys but I knew it in advace and brought an extension cord so we could charge the phones, bluetooths, kindle and computer. All in all we made the right choice,

Room Tip: Get an executive suite as the regular rooms are small, Rooms facing Rhode Isaland Street get construction noise form across the street, Not too bad and not a big deal
1  Thank maperry10

Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all the great feedback and look forward to your return the next time you are in Washington, DC.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

When I was booking my visit to the DC last week the Beacon forced it way among other well known and well reported hotels in the DC downtown area. I decided to give it a chance. My requirements were: close to Dupont Circle and St. Matthews Cathedral. Bingo!
The Staff a collection of human beings from 5 different continents, each one doing the best to please and accommodate the guests.
The Guests an assortment of visiting bureaucrats dressed in full black, families from the mid west expecting to find the city dressed in Pink, groups of Middle East gentlemen wearing their robes and beards and having the space to pray at the right hour to the same direction. ( I wonder if a Catholic would find a Sanctum inside a hotel in Mecca )
Rooms ok. The hotel is 100% tobacco free. Bar and bar food is great and at a good price.
At a walking distance from St. Matthew, the Brooks Brothers, the Camelot, The Public House, Pret a Manger, YMCA and other places I will not refer to as Dan Brown has done it before.
Thanks to the Staff. And I thank God being so close to the Hotel.

2  Thank CzarRoatan

Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We are very grateful for the compliments on the staff and our diversity. We are also delighted to know that you found our location and level of service to be exceptional. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

The Beacon is now my new favorite place in DC to stay. The visit was just as good as the first. The service here is EXCELLENT. The staff are friendly, professional, informative and very accommodating. I came in early and was immediately put into a room with no extra charges. This was a surprise, because the first time I was charged for early check-in. Not only was I given a room early but was also upgraded to a much larger room. The lobby looks different and the rooms were renovating with added amenities such as an electronic docking station for smart phone. The room was spacious, eye-catching and spotless. The Location of the Beacon is really decent. You are not too close to everything but you are also not too far. With easy access to public transportation you can just about do whatever you want in the city. It is difficult to get a reservation for brunch in the restaurant but Steve was able to get us in. the food was amazing. The price for the room was higher during as compare to my last visit but the nice room and early check-in make up for the difference. The only problem was that I waited 15 – 20 minutes for my car after paying $35.00 a night for parking. I love this hotel and will recommend it to anyone reading this review.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank FElegonye
SteveRipai, General Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Thank you very much for staying at the Beacon Hotel for your recent visit to Washington, DC. We would like to express our genuine appreciation to you for taking the time to provide us your constructive feedback. We hope that you will come back soon.