“Construction noise begins at 7 am”

Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Ranked #107 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
LA, California
“Construction noise begins at 7 am”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed here for a convention center meeting. The drilling and other construction noise at the sister hotel being built across the street begins at 7 am, and does not stop on the weekends. This is April 2013, and I suspect it will continue for many months. The walls and windows facing the street are paper thin.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank GinnyLAH
GregoryHotel, Front Office Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Thank you very much for staying at the Beacon Hotel for your recent visit to Washington, DC. We would like to express our genuine appreciation to you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We are truly very sorry that the construction in front of the hotel started so early, typically this is not the case, and it is unusual that this is happening despite city ordinances, we have lodged a formal complaint in the hopes it will deter such early morning work. They are also not supposed to work on weekends, however this too we will mention in our complaint to the city. We look forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ohioh
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We arrived at the hotel and was welcome by the staff. The staff are wonderful. They are very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and very speacious. There are lots og things to see and do nearby. We had a wonderful time. My kids were very happy and they loved the hotel and suggested that the next trip we should vome back. The staff at the front desk were nice and provided the girls coloring books and a special key with for Macy's.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank anthonyc898
GregoryHotel, Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this review, 28 April 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a splendid appraisal of your stay at the Beacon Hotel. We are also very grateful for the compliments on the staff. It is gratifying to have such happy customer that would take the time to share their positive experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2013

we loved The Beacon
excellent stay ( 4 nights )
excellent staff
if we go back to Washington DC The Beacon is the place to stay
loved the city , just beautiful , and this Hotel is close to everything

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paulacanuck
Thank you for taking the time to post you comment on TripAdvisor, but more importantly, thank you for having selected the Beacon Hotel as your home away from home while visiting our city. We are delighted that you found our service to be of your liking...
We look forward to your return, should your travels bring you back to our fair city.
Fresno, California
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I had never stayed at The Beacon Hotel before but I will always stay there from now on. After a red eye from California I was exhausted when I arrived. My room was not ready (it was 8:00 am and check in was not until 3:00 pm) but the front desk took my cell phone, stored my luggage, and called me as soon as a room was available at 11:30 am. I have epilepsy and when I got back to the hotel I was exhausted and starting to have seizure symptoms. The hotel checked me in quickly and when I couldn't find my luggage ticket a kind bell hop, Solomon, told me just to point. My luggage was stuffed in the back of the room but with no complaining he moved all of the luggage to get mine out. He offered me help to my room but I declined. However, when I got in the elevator my key wouldn't work. He hopped in, scanned in his key, and took me to my room. When my key wouldn't work on the door, and I was clearly showing signs of distress, he sprinted downstairs to get me a new key. I was on the 8th floor and he was back in less than 4 minutes. When I finally got into my room he told me to just lie down. Solomon set-up my luggage, pulled the curtains close, turned off all the lights and quietly left me to sleep. He was a guardian angel/lifesaver. In the following 4 days of my stay I hugged Solomon whenever I saw him. I was just so grateful to him! He looked after me my entire stay jumping forward to help the minute I walked in or out of the door. My room was wonderful and everything went smoothly during my stay but Solomon went over and above anything that he had to do for me. A hotel that hires and keeps employees like him is a hotel that I will stay at again and again.

2 Thank Fresnotravel
Thank you for choosing the Beacon Hotel and taking the time to recommend us on TripAdvisor. We do want you to know that our number one goal is to provide absolute hospitality. Our reward is your total satisfaction and wanting to return to the Beacon. It was a pleasure receiving your positive review because it serves as an encouragement to all of our staff. Solomon was truly humbled by your kind appraisal and wants to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

I don't ask for much, but a clean room and good service are a most. Well my family of 4 got a very spacious and clean room. Every member of the staff we encountered or dealt with was very polite and friendly and this hotel is a keeper for whenever I go back to D.C.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Giforsure
We are so thrilled that you had a lovely stay. Thank you for taking the time to let others know how much you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Was there for work and a little sightseeing.Great location and near everything, The reviews we read said little about the food. We ate dinner there 3 times and felt the food was great. Try the Boston Cream Pie. The staff was great and very helpful. Stayed in an executive suite and suggest you do the same. It is not much larger than most normal hotel rooms we stay in and certainly smaller than most suites we stay in. The room was clean and offered good amenities (WIFI, Bath amenities, coffee maker, safe,eating table). Wish it would have had more plugs for all our toys but I knew it in advace and brought an extension cord so we could charge the phones, bluetooths, kindle and computer. All in all we made the right choice,

Room Tip: Get an executive suite as the regular rooms are small, Rooms facing Rhode Isaland Street get constru...
1 Thank maperry10
Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all the great feedback and look forward to your return the next time you are in Washington, DC.
Roatan
Reviewed 28 March 2013

When I was booking my visit to the DC last week the Beacon forced it way among other well known and well reported hotels in the DC downtown area. I decided to give it a chance. My requirements were: close to Dupont Circle and St. Matthews Cathedral. Bingo!
The Staff a collection of human beings from 5 different continents, each one doing the best to please and accommodate the guests.
The Guests an assortment of visiting bureaucrats dressed in full black, families from the mid west expecting to find the city dressed in Pink, groups of Middle East gentlemen wearing their robes and beards and having the space to pray at the right hour to the same direction. ( I wonder if a Catholic would find a Sanctum inside a hotel in Mecca )
Rooms ok. The hotel is 100% tobacco free. Bar and bar food is great and at a good price.
At a walking distance from St. Matthew, the Brooks Brothers, the Camelot, The Public House, Pret a Manger, YMCA and other places I will not refer to as Dan Brown has done it before.
Thanks to the Staff. And I thank God being so close to the Hotel.

2 Thank CzarRoatan
Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We are very grateful for the compliments on the staff and our diversity. We are also delighted to know that you found our location and level of service to be exceptional. We look forward to welcoming you back.