“Very convenient”

Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Ranked #113 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The location of this hotel is convenient to everything. Was upgraded to King Jr. suite after mixup with my room and the amenities in that room was perfect. Booked through Book-it.com and later saw a better rate including free internet and 1/2 price parking directly on the hotel website which was really disappointing as I waited as long as posssible hoping to get the best deal. I give the hotel a 4 because of internet surcharge. Usually internet is included with cost the room so I was disappointed with that.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank mjmClevOh
SteveRipai, Front Office Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you very much for staying at the Beacon Hotel for your recent visit to Washington, DC. We would like to express our genuine appreciation to you for taking the time to provide us your constructive feedback. We hope that he will come back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Good, once I got past front desk troubles. Desk did not communicate my needs to service personnel, so I waited 2, 3 hours for help and then had to call again. One night man in the restaurant area Eric was so kind, and I really valued his sensitivity, so that changed my whole perspective. Thank you Eric.

I've stayed here before and there is usually some trouble at front desk but all else is fine.

Room Tip: Oh, and I did get led astray by a suggestion re alternate parking by someone at the desk. On Saturda...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you very much for staying at the Beacon Hotel for your recent visit to Washington, DC. We are also grateful to you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review of our hotel and Eric in the restaurant. We take our guest feedback very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable accommodations. I am concerned however with your comments about our front desk staff and apologize on their behalf. Your word will be heard loudly, and that I will for my part take it upon myself to show your comments and discuss this issue with all our team. This certainly is not how we wish to be remembered and we thank you for making it a point to let us. Again, we are extremely apologetic and want you to know that your total satisfaction is will always be our number one goal. We look forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed there 4/16-19, the rate was $127 per night. The room was very nice and clean. The staff were all very professional and friendly. My only complaint was that you could hear the wind wiping and howling through the windows. Also walls a bit thin. The food was amazing. The area was lovely. Went to a beautiful church down the block and walked to the restaurants and National Geographic museum. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to DC.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your very gracious comments they are indeed very much appreciated and will be shared with our team. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The true magic of hospitality is on display at the Beacon. They have some of the finest people who exhibit true professionalism. They were very courteous and helpful. We were upgraded to a suite with a full kitchen. The doormen greeted us every time they saw us in the lobby. We misplaced our valet ticket and they knew our name and with no problem was able to retrieve our car. The was perfectly clean each and every day we were at the hotel. We walked from the hotel to most of the attractions. It's a long walk depending on we're you are going. It is a short walk to the White House but much more to the Lincoln memorial. They earn a return visit and my recommendation. We had a lovely time in DC and it was worth every dime.

Room Tip: YMCA membership available for hotel guest
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for choosing us as your home away from home. We are also grateful to you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review of our hotel and its staff. We look forward to the day when we can say welcome to the Beacon Hotel.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Me and my husband came here to stay April 12-13 we arrived early and my husband spoke to a hotel concierge over the phone about paying in cash and the man stated he will put in notes . When we arrived 4hours later there was no notes. Then we stayed in the 3rd floor and our bed is squeaking all over ! I ask for a new room they can't do anything about it ! No tooth brush or tooth paste ! I asked the maid and she was wonderful and brought right away and the expense of the room was 240 I've stayed in 4 star hotels and they have everything ! The walls are too thin I can hear someone flushing the toilet behind me and when I sleep !! I can hear at night the drunk people trying to get in there room next to me and having a conversation out loud at night ! Plus the location is so far from everything ! 1 mile away from everything ! I would never go back again to stay here

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Kaylee18m
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Was very pleasantly surprised at having gotten such good accommodations in such a good location (lovely neighborhood) and having it all delivered so efficiently and courteously at such a reasonable price ($150/night, booked at beacon website). My wife and 3 (shhh!) children stayed in the Corporate Dbl Dbl room. 2 double beds with queen pull-out sofa. Room was large, beds were comfortable, even the sofa sleeper. nice efficiency kitchen with range top, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher (nice), seemed recently renovated, fairly luxurious, what else? I really lost track. Oh yeah, total Bonus, there's a Whole Foods market 3 blocks away, so we could make our own organic breakfast every morning and eat it on our little kitchen table. Wifi was free. We got 50% off on parking in the hotel garage ($18/night) - didn't need to touch the car all week. Location was near perfect - walking distance to House, Mall, Chipotle ;). even close to the zoo. Staff was great, friendly, accommodating on everything we asked (they let us keep the car parked a few hours extra for free after checking out) Room service was vigilant and really turned it over - cleaned our dishes one day - what?! folded down bedsheets, etc. You can work out or swim at the Y next door for free (not the lovliest Y I've seen but hey...) Couple few minor issues - walls are a little thin, so not sure how it would be if your neighbors were noisy or how our neighbors felt since we were probably the noisiest guests there this week. water pressure on shower a little light but we're conservationists so this is purely psa. One final note: as with many things in life, you get what you give. We always make friends with all hotel staff immediately upon arriving at an establishment. I mean, after all, you're gonna be living together for a little while. This hotel staff was more than receptive to "being real" and did not hesitate to help us out with whatever we needed. Seems to me that DC in general is a place not unfamiliar with keepin it down-homie. In which case, this hotel fits right in. That's a good thing.

Room Tip: corporate dbl dbl for families of 4+. away from elevator for sure.
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I think the person who just posted a very negative view was way off base. We were there on the exact same day and found everything to be fine. When we pulled up, there was an attendant there to take our car to the parking lot. Another man inside immediately loaded our luggage on a cart and helped us to our room where he was willing to put my suit bag in the closet. We made the reservation only a day before we arrived and found a great rate of $109 ($127 total after taxes). This was after checking a number of other hotels who were gouging - anywhere from $250 to $300 per night. The other hotels were jacking rates up due to the Cherry Blossoms being in bloom.The parking was about $27 for each of the two nights we stayed but when we first checked in they handed us a discount card that offered 50 % off parking (thus we only paid for one night). The discount card also offered 15% off a meal in their restaurant and we had a nice breakfast before checking out. The dining room was connected to the lobby so we did not have to go out in the heavy rain. When we first checked in, I thought there were some problems with the TV. The front desk immediately sent up someone from Engineering and it was a quick and easy fix that I probably should have done myself. We had a corner room and although it wasn't big, it served its purpose. Unlike many hotel beds that are sloped or lumpy, this bed was firm and my wife and I had two good nights of sleep. The TV should be upgraded (small and needs high def) and the channels were somewhat limited. I did not spend much time in the room other than sleeping so this was not a deal breaker. If I had young children, that may have been a problem. The lobby is rather small so it did seem a little congested. However, I have waited longer in nicer hotels with gigantic lobbies. They probably could re-configure this as they have a room off the lobby with couches that were not being used. I think that is because they were caddy corner to the desk and if you sat on the couch you could not see the front desk people. I have stayed in nicer hotels over the years but as far as what I paid, this was probably the best value I have ever experienced. I would have no problem staying here again. Ray V., Middletown, NJ

Room Tip: We went directly to the Website for Beacon Hotel and found an Easter Special rate that was below Pri...