“Very nice hotel, great location, best deal.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters

Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Ranked #103 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Ottawa, Canada
“Very nice hotel, great location, best deal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel gave me the best price in the area. I also stayed at the Best Western "Georgetown" not far away, but I much preferred the Beacon. Clean and quiet, very comfortable, very nice decor and furnishings. Great soap, too! lol. Location is superb, close enough to the subway (Farragut stations) and within walking distance of "The Mall" (just up from the White House). The hotel has a very nice bar / restaurant with specials. I had the half price burger. Great! Lots of restaurants nearby in all directions. Just a few short blocks north is the gay village with a number of restaurants and bars. Also plenty of shopping dispersed in the area. Safe area for walking. You can ask for a free day pass to the YMCA across the street - the Y has a nice pool, work out areas, saunas, etc. Beacon has just a small gym with a few pieces of equipment. Since it was March, the rooftop bar was closed, but I would love to go back and see it in the summer! Front desk staff weren't the friendliest or most helpful, but otherwise it was a great visit! Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Allen M
SteveRipai, Front Office Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you very much for staying at the Beacon Hotel for your recent visit to Washington, DC. We would like to express sincere appreciation to you for providing us your feedback. We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I am sorry that was not the case with our front desk staff. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Please feel free to contact me at 202-296-2100 or email me directly at s.ripai@capitalhotelswdc.com. We look forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Macedonia, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The location of this hotel is convenient to everything. Was upgraded to King Jr. suite after mixup with my room and the amenities in that room was perfect. Booked through Book-it.com and later saw a better rate including free internet and 1/2 price parking directly on the hotel website which was really disappointing as I waited as long as posssible hoping to get the best deal. I give the hotel a 4 because of internet surcharge. Usually internet is included with cost the room so I was disappointed with that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank mjmClevOh
Thank you very much for staying at the Beacon Hotel for your recent visit to Washington, DC. We would like to express our genuine appreciation to you for taking the time to provide us your constructive feedback. We hope that he will come back soon.
Tampa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Good, once I got past front desk troubles. Desk did not communicate my needs to service personnel, so I waited 2, 3 hours for help and then had to call again. One night man in the restaurant area Eric was so kind, and I really valued his sensitivity, so that changed my whole perspective. Thank you Eric.

I've stayed here before and there is usually some trouble at front desk but all else is fine.

Room Tip: Oh, and I did get led astray by a suggestion re alternate parking by someone at the desk. On Saturda...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for staying at the Beacon Hotel for your recent visit to Washington, DC. We are also grateful to you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review of our hotel and Eric in the restaurant. We take our guest feedback very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable accommodations. I am concerned however with your comments about our front desk staff and apologize on their behalf. Your word will be heard loudly, and that I will for my part take it upon myself to show your comments and discuss this issue with all our team. This certainly is not how we wish to be remembered and we thank you for making it a point to let us. Again, we are extremely apologetic and want you to know that your total satisfaction is will always be our number one goal. We look forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed there 4/16-19, the rate was $127 per night. The room was very nice and clean. The staff were all very professional and friendly. My only complaint was that you could hear the wind wiping and howling through the windows. Also walls a bit thin. The food was amazing. The area was lovely. Went to a beautiful church down the block and walked to the restaurants and National Geographic museum. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to DC.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your very gracious comments they are indeed very much appreciated and will be shared with our team. We look forward to your return visit.
Brattleboro, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

The true magic of hospitality is on display at the Beacon. They have some of the finest people who exhibit true professionalism. They were very courteous and helpful. We were upgraded to a suite with a full kitchen. The doormen greeted us every time they saw us in the lobby. We misplaced our valet ticket and they knew our name and with no problem was able to retrieve our car. The was perfectly clean each and every day we were at the hotel. We walked from the hotel to most of the attractions. It's a long walk depending on we're you are going. It is a short walk to the White House but much more to the Lincoln memorial. They earn a return visit and my recommendation. We had a lovely time in DC and it was worth every dime.

Room Tip: YMCA membership available for hotel guest
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for choosing us as your home away from home. We are also grateful to you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review of our hotel and its staff. We look forward to the day when we can say welcome to the Beacon Hotel.
Bridgeport
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Me and my husband came here to stay April 12-13 we arrived early and my husband spoke to a hotel concierge over the phone about paying in cash and the man stated he will put in notes . When we arrived 4hours later there was no notes. Then we stayed in the 3rd floor and our bed is squeaking all over ! I ask for a new room they can't do anything about it ! No tooth brush or tooth paste ! I asked the maid and she was wonderful and brought right away and the expense of the room was 240 I've stayed in 4 star hotels and they have everything ! The walls are too thin I can hear someone flushing the toilet behind me and when I sleep !! I can hear at night the drunk people trying to get in there room next to me and having a conversation out loud at night ! Plus the location is so far from everything ! 1 mile away from everything ! I would never go back again to stay here

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kaylee18m
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Was very pleasantly surprised at having gotten such good accommodations in such a good location (lovely neighborhood) and having it all delivered so efficiently and courteously at such a reasonable price ($150/night, booked at beacon website). My wife and 3 (shhh!) children stayed in the Corporate Dbl Dbl room. 2 double beds with queen pull-out sofa. Room was large, beds were comfortable, even the sofa sleeper. nice efficiency kitchen with range top, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher (nice), seemed recently renovated, fairly luxurious, what else? I really lost track. Oh yeah, total Bonus, there's a Whole Foods market 3 blocks away, so we could make our own organic breakfast every morning and eat it on our little kitchen table. Wifi was free. We got 50% off on parking in the hotel garage ($18/night) - didn't need to touch the car all week. Location was near perfect - walking distance to House, Mall, Chipotle ;). even close to the zoo. Staff was great, friendly, accommodating on everything we asked (they let us keep the car parked a few hours extra for free after checking out) Room service was vigilant and really turned it over - cleaned our dishes one day - what?! folded down bedsheets, etc. You can work out or swim at the Y next door for free (not the lovliest Y I've seen but hey...) Couple few minor issues - walls are a little thin, so not sure how it would be if your neighbors were noisy or how our neighbors felt since we were probably the noisiest guests there this week. water pressure on shower a little light but we're conservationists so this is purely psa. One final note: as with many things in life, you get what you give. We always make friends with all hotel staff immediately upon arriving at an establishment. I mean, after all, you're gonna be living together for a little while. This hotel staff was more than receptive to "being real" and did not hesitate to help us out with whatever we needed. Seems to me that DC in general is a place not unfamiliar with keepin it down-homie. In which case, this hotel fits right in. That's a good thing.

Room Tip: corporate dbl dbl for families of 4+. away from elevator for sure.