“Nice place”

Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Ranked #112 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at the Beacon Hotel for 3 nights last week as I was apartment hunting in the city. It has a good location (especially for the price) and the room was comfortable. The front desk made a very helpful dinner recommendation when my boyfriend and I needed a late (midnight) dinner Sunday night and it seemed like nothing was open. Mohammed, one of the hotel's employees, was nice to me as I came and went out of the hotel lobby throughout my stay, and commiserated about the difficulty of finding an affordable place in the city. My only complaint is that the front desk seems a little understaffed-- there was often only 1 or 2 people working, so there was a bit of a wait to check in and out.

Room Tip: The 9th floor rooms are directly under the rooftop bar space, so you will hear some noise from that...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,365)

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I almost always give good reviews but this time I am compelled to complain.
Checked in around 8 pm and went to the room. It was large and very nice. Problem was incredibly loud reggae music that shook the walls. I called the front desk and they explained it was the live band in the hotel bar and the hotel was booked and they could not move me.
After a while I got dressed and went to the front desk to ask for help. They told me I would have to deal with it until 11 pm and that if I had an issue to talk to the bar manager.
I felt awful about it but refused to leave the front desk until someone came and talked to me. Someone from the bar did come to the front desk and apologized and a little while later the music stopped - but what an unnecessarily unpleasant experience.
Would not stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mom45
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed at the beacon for 5 days, it's clean, friendly and a cracking location from all the Washington, D.C. Sights!!! Staff are warm and friendly and the rooms are spacious and clean, Would recommend staying here for a short visit to see the capitols sights

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Loulabell75
Reviewed 3 May 2014

These guys were attentive from the get go Concerned about getting our Vett parked as such low clearance There was some confusion on Metro passes as one said no problem purchasing extra while another said had to go to station. But the location is perfect & convienient. Food was wonderful Bkfst/Dinner/appetizers Uncle Skeet (jimmy at the bar) was a hoot. Don't know how to assess price cuz it's DC (CRIPE)

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank LDionne
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I traveled to DC for a birthday trip with a few friends. I chose the Beacon because it was within walking distance of everything! With that being said it does have a great location. Anyways As soon as we got there, the front desk attendant was extremely short with me, didnt even say hello.. - I want to add that i also work the front desk in Hospitality so i know that employees have their "days"..but I was just baffled how non informative this gentleman was, they werent even busy at that time. He failed to tell us about the amentities of the hotel, parking, our room details and rate..NOTHING!!!! Literally just asked for my ID and card..nothing else, I had to ask all the questions. Second, the valet was also very rude and I felt like i was being rushed and forced to do Valet parking when i was trying to find another parking option (the parking is about $40.00). Third, long story short.. towards the end of the night before we headed out, the "manager" was threatening to kick my guests out of our room because he saw too many people with luggage? Um, I booked a suite for a reason....obviously theres going to be more than one adult staying in the room. If he had an issue he should of approached it more professionally rather than threatening us like we are loud irresponsible kids... Lastly the room was beautiful, it was perfect for me and my guests. However it took us FOREVER to get some extra towels and when we got them, they looked like they werent clean, kind of gross. Anyways we were sad to leave DC but happy to leave that hotel. I guess this is what i get for booking the cheapest suite i could find...Next time ill put in the money for better service!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Maggie C
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Visited from NH and Vermont school vacation with kids. Large rooms with pull out couch and full kitchen was just what we needed. Didn't cook but the fridge was a big help. Short walk to the metro. Short walk to M and Conn where thereare tons of restaurants nearby. The. Rooms were very clean. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dropnh
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed in February of 2012 here. The price and location for this hotel were great. We were in Dupont circle, a little farther where we would have liked to stay, but all the other hotels were outrageously price. The room was great though and we were only about 3 to 4 blocks from the metro. We got a king size room, where one whole wall was just windows, so we got great views. Would definitely stay here next time I go to DC.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarren87
SteveRipai, Guest Relations Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Tripadvisor, but more importantly, thank you for having selected the Beacon Hotel as your home away from home while visiting our city. We are delighted that you found our hotel to be of your liking. We look forward to your return.