“Great price and location”

Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Ranked #107 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Brooklyn, New York
“Great price and location”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My 15yr old niece and I came to DC for the weekend to visit friends and see sites. The location was perfect, close enough to walk to tons of places. We were upgraded to a larger room without asking, which was really clean and nice. We didn't spend too much time at the hotel and weren't planning to, but the time we did spend there was pleasant, clean and friendly. That's all we needed!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank saconroy
SteveRipai, Front Office Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor, but more importantly, thank you for having selected the Beacon Hotel as your home away from home while visiting our city. We are delighted that you found our service to be of your liking...
We look forward to your return, should your travels bring you back to our fair city

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Pros : is in a good location within walking distance of DC landmarks. Quiet, sleep quality was good and check in etc were good. Had to change room because it was noisy and the phone didn't work, but they did change my room right away

Cons: Could do with a little extra maintenance, rooms are very small and very dated (think 1990's), a little dirty. Bathrooms small but functional.

Room Tip: away from the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RoadnottakenVA
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your recent stay with us at the Beacon Hotel. I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the bathroom. Be assured I will personally look into this, and humbly apologize. Your comments are very valued, and we learn from them about those things we need to fine tune. You are most gracious and we sincerely look forward to your return. Hope you had a pleasant trip home and that we will have the pleasure of your return visit.
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The staff were wonderful throughout our entire stay. They were very helpful in helping us get my daughter's phone that was left in a cab. The review the camera and locate the cab. Very helpful and we will recommend to everyone. Karla is a true star.

• Stayed July 2014
What a joy to get read your reviewe...how very nice of you. I will, of course, share your comments with our team, as they are so appreciative of your sentiment... Thank you for your review, and for taking the time to help make ours a truly bright day... Look forward to your return
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here. The room was great. It had two double beds and a pull out couch. We were actually able to park for free as my husband found nearby street parking. Otherwise you had to pay $30 to park in the garage.
We were also able to walk to the major tourist sites. Kids were exhausted though.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Castle14822
We are so elated that you had a lovely stay. Thank you for taking the time to let others know how much you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to your next visit
Millsboro, DE
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Experiencing first hand what it is like to stay at the Beacon was priceless. We stayed here for three nights. The positive are:1. The location is very convenient to getting around in this city. You can travel to the national mall easily by pubic transportation without having to break the bank. If youare travrling on a budget and the hotel rate is good stay here. 2. The room was specious. The beds were comfortable. This is all i can say about the room. Nothing special. 3. The staff. They were extremely helpful throughout our stay. Karla was always willing to help. She check us in before the normal check in time.
The negative: No free wi-fi. It was also very slow. This is only included if you make your reservation directly through the hotel. They charge extra for late check out.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank FrankPoli
We would like to express our sincere appreciation to you for taking the time to share with everyone how much you enjoyed the Beacon Hotel. It is because of you that we are here. Thank you for choosing us. We look forward to your next visit.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Just returned from DC and stay at this hotel for the second time. This hotel has improve a lot. The staff are friendlier and more helpful. The room had the right price for the right price. Location was key for because I know the area and this was my 4 trip to DC.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your review, we look forward to having you as a guest the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Pros: The brunch is great, great location and the bed was soft.

Cons: Where to start…HORRIBLE customer service, Nosy room, Bathroom was outdated and toilet kept running or breaking, unprofessional valet.

When booking, as usual I read reviews from both Trip Advisor and Kayak before choosing the Beacon Hotel over a few neighboring hotels. The deciding factor on this hotel was because we were attending a wedding in town and the Beacon was the host hotel. The location was great and convenient to everything but the customer service is extremely lacking. I gave three stars simply because of the amazing (yet overpriced) brunch and the bed was very comfortable. When I arrived, I was not greeted or assisted with any of my 3 bags. There were 4 valets standing by the door and not a single one stopped their conversation to help us. When I went to check in, I was immediately asked for my name and a credit card. No “Welcome to the Beacon…how was your drive…can I help you with your bags” nothing. My card was swiped without the associate telling me what the room deposit was or really saying more than 3 words to me and when I asked how much it was being swiped for, I was met with an attitude and an explanation of what a room deposit is. Okay…once we checked in to the room, the view was of the street. Very nosy as construction was taking place right across from the hotel and people often congregate at the opening of the restaurant that was directly below us. The bathroom was very small and the toilet was either constantly running or it stopped flushing 3 times during our 3 day stay. Our last night there, we went to valet the car and a plain clothes gentleman walked up to take my keys. I asked him if he could prove that he worked at the hotel and again was met with attitude. Two other hotel stayers said they asked the same question and wondered why he didn’t have on a uniform, a nametag or something. Check out was a bit of a hassle. I was told parking would be one price with the room package I purchased and it was $5 more a day than I was quoted at check in. Of course the gentleman that checked us in wasn’t there so there I was told there was nothing the associate helping us could do about it…really?!? I asked for a managers card and was given a stack of random business cards (many unrelated to the Beacon) to look through. I always say, I like many people I'm sure, appreciate great customer service. A lot of the amenities this hotel was lacking could have been over looked if the people that worked there actually showed courtesy to their guests.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is not facing the Rhode Island Ave.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mmcd1908
Thank you very much for staying at the Beacon Hotel for your recent visit to Washington, DC. We would like to express sincere appreciation to you for providing us your feedback. We take our guest feedback very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable accommodations. We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I am sorry that was not the case during your stay. We’ve addressed the issue with every department concerned as to prevent such occurrences in the future. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Please feel free to contact me at 202-296-2100 or email me directly at s.ripai@capitalhotelswdc.com. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We look forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.