Spent the night at The Jefferson for a quick staycation and absolutely loved it! First and foremost, the service at the hotel is impeccable. From the moment the valet greets you at the car, quickly assisting with your luggage, you know this is a special place. The lobby is small and unassuming- instead of a long counter, you are welcomed to sit at a desk to complete check in, a very quick process.
Truthfully, our Classic Room was a little tight, but for one night, it was more than adequate and very comfortable. The picture on the website is a good representation of the size (though our room differed slightly from the floor plan). Despite the size, it is thoughtfully laid out and there are a lot of amenities: Bose alarm with iPod docking; 2 desks with chairs; valet to hang jacket and slacks; 2 large bottles of water; and very comfortable bed, with down comforters and great pillows. Though we did not use, they have free wi-fi, local and long distance calls, complimentary shoe shine and a garment pressing. It seemed like they thought of all the details. Prior to check in, they contact you for any additional services you may want. We pre-ordered a bottle of champagne and cheese plate and it was waiting for us in the room when we arrived.
The bathroom extremely spacious- lots of room to move around. The large soaking tub (with bath salts), separate shower, separate WC. The roomy shower was terrific- rain shower head with great water pressure. The sink had a magnified make-up mirror and also had enough space for toiletries and hair appliances. Comfortable robes and, yes, slippers (why do so many hotels forget this?). The in-mirror tv was quite the novelty-- we want one! Evening turn down service was impeccable-- linen turn down, refresh towels, waters opened and prepared bedside, slippers at the bed, and of course, chocolates on the pillows.
Sadly, we did not have dinner at The Plume this stay, though it is by far our favorite restaurant in DC. Going there is always outstanding and is the complete dining experience. For this evening, we logged more time in the hotel bar, Quill (before and after dinner)- the bartenders and servers were warm, friendly, and professional. Classic piano bar-- LOVE IT! We also had breakfast the next morning at the Greenhouse-- generous breakfasts with attentive service.
We absolutely would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay here again in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 99-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc