My wife and I loved our 4-night stay here over Presidents Day weekend and Valentine's Day in a deluxe king room.
The staff was amazingly attentive, courteous, polite and professional. I was especially amazed to find a copy of a book I wrote a couple of years ago, a fantasy about Thomas Jefferson returning to modern America, on the desk in our room after our first evening out for dinner; on top of it was a note from the hotel comptroller asking if I'd dedicate the book to the hotel so they could place it in the "author's in residence" shelves of their library room. Talk about attention to detail! What hotel anywhere would do such a thing? Marvelous ....
The room was lovely, quiet and comfortable, with a flat screen TV actually receiving an HD signal, Washington Post delivered every day, coffee and tiny muffins available free in a nook near the elevator every morning for no charge. No view to speak but that didn't matter.
We brought our car and called for it to drive to Mt. Vernon one day ... easy, fast. We got a free ride (except for tip) in the hotel courtesy car to Urbana restaurant on a snowy night.
When a staff member saw me studying the signed Jefferson documents on the wall near the lobby, she came over and told me all about them.
I lost a wool watchcap coking in from the snow ... and the next AM it was in the lost and found drawer ready for me.
We had an absolutely spectacular dinner in the wine room with friends on Valentine's day night ... a holiday tasting menu that was pricy but beautifully prepared and served. A very memorable meal, probably the most endlessly delightful we've ever had. That will be worthy of a separate restaurant review.
All in all, this is a truly fine hotel -- the Jefferson staff made us feel at home, took great care of us, and the hotel itself is lovely, comfortable and convenient to downtown and the mall. And for this kind of luxury and professional service, the price could not be beat (less than $280 a night with a holiday weekend package for 3 nights, and about $400 for an extra night in the same room, which we booked at the last minute because a big snow storm was due to hit our day of arrival so we came a day earlier).
Thank you, Jefferson hotel. A memorable visit. We'll be back at our first chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 99-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc