“Wonderful Experience!”

Ranked #5 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

From the very first moment of driving up to the front door to the time the car was loaded with our luggage, it was an absolute wonderful experience. The staff, room, food and service was a five star experience. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 1 March 2014

From the moment you arrive to the moment that you depart, every personal contact and every detail of our stay was superb. The depth of attention and thought needed to make the guest experience an extraordinary one has rarely been experienced by us at other five star hotels. To add to the delightful experience dine at Plume which well deserves it's critical acclaim.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear alsal,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at The Jefferson. I’m glad that you had the opportunity to dine in Plume and that both our guest rooms and your dining experience exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I've been running events at the Jefferson for several years now but this was my first overnight stay. I was happy to find that the same level of comfort, elegance and efficiency was the standard for lodging.
There seemed to be an issue with my thermostat however and although it read as if the heat was working- it was not. It kept blowing air conditioning all night. In all fairness I must say that I did not being this to their attention. I had settled in and was not looking forward to the prospect of having to change rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 52USTravelerinEU
meredith g, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear 52USTravelerinEU,

I am so glad that after running events at The Jefferson, you finally had the chance to spend the night with us. I was happy to read that your enjoyed your stay but wish that you had informed us of the issue that you had with your HVAC. Please know that our engineering staff would have exhausted all avenues before a room change was recommended.

On behalf of the staff, thank you for your continued support of The Jefferson and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was my first stay at The Jefferson and it completely lived up to its reputation. The hotel is beautiful and welcoming. The staff is incredible, our room was lovely, the bar is cozy, and the little reading room off the lobby is a delight. We had a deluxe room, which I thought was worth the extra price for the additional space.

Briarcliff Manor, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2014

After my last stay, I can absolutely say, when in DC, The Jefferson will be our go to the hotel .
The rooms are meticulously clean and the bed extremely comfortable and luxurious. The hotel staff
was friendly and helpful. The weekend bar scene was energetic without being overly loud and the food at the bar was delicious. If offered an upgrade to a suite, I would suggest for the additional fee, it is truly worth it.

annapolis, md
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The Jefferson Hotel is a phenomenal property with outstanding staff. I've stayed many times and enjoyed it thoroughly. However, the last two visits have had serious water issues. On my stay last week there was no hot water at 7am. I was on a work trip and many of my colleagues experienced the same issue. On a previous trip, the hotel was doing work and shut down the water during the evening and we were asked to leave the lounge early due to lack of water. Bottom line- amazing hotel, but after my last two trips, I'm going to call ahead to make sure they are not having water issues.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank annapolisg
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear annapolisg,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your last few stays with us. While I was pleased to read that many of your visits have been enjoyable, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the water issues that you encountered on your last two stays. I can assure you that our engineering department is actively working on the situation to rectify it and ensure that it does not happen again. I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you further about this matter and encourage you to email me, dbueno@jeffersondc.com or to call me, 202.448.2300.

Boston
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I went to DC with my kids to visit colleges. I go to DC often for business and almost always stay at the W, as it's close to the White House. Never again. This was hotel was luxury and comfort and simply magnificent.

To start, the service is impeccable. I've stayed at many high end hotels and this was by far on the high end of excellent. The staff was superb, the room elegant and the food at the restaurant met my critical foodie expectations.

As an avid cigar smoker, I was delighted to see a humidor sitting outside the bar area. When I can get a 1964 anniversary series Padron, and escorted to a lovely porch to smoke it, with a great cocktail? I'm in heaven. The hotel is non-smoking- which I prefer, too. But to be able to have that perk? Nice.

I will never stay anywhere else in DC. And I'm sincerely hoping my son picks a DC area college so I have even more reason to go.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear sgwhitman,

We hope your son picks a DC school, too! I’m so happy to hear that you were able to utilize the outdoor patio in Quill and that your overall experience at The Jefferson was a positive one.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Washington, DC!