“Truly a "5 Star" Hotel Experience”

The Jefferson, Washington DC
Ranked #2 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is the extra-special hotel experience discerning people have in mind when they seek lodgings that offer luxury, comfort, privacy, elegance and an attentive staff. You can't do better when you stay in D.C. than The Jefferson. Everything -- and I mean everything -- was what you hope your home away from home could be could be when you travel. From the moment we arrived at The Jefferson after a long cross-country flight to D.C., my wife and I were treated like royalty during our entire stay. It doesn't get much better than that. We so much enjoyed our stay that my wife and I regretted having to leave when it was time for our check-out date. Now, how often do you hear those comments about an hotel experience? Hands down, this is our preferred hotel when we next travel to D.C.

Room Tip: We never heard any exterior sounds in our 5th floor room at the far end of the hallway.
1  Thank rafiSoCal
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear ralph s,

On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for your extremely kind words about your recent stay at The Jefferson. I am so happy that you and your wife received the level of service that we strive for and most importantly that you felt at home while on property.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you find yourself on the East coast.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We recently stayed at The Jefferson and have only the best things to say about it. From check-in to check-out, we loved everything about this hotel. The best staff ever! We had a late lunch on Saturday afternoon and the bartenders couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful in assisting us on what to do or where to eat next. They all talk about how wonderful it is to work there, so management must be doing something right! It shows in how well they treat their guests. Our room, while small, was extremely comfortable -- and the turn down service at night was awesome. We had breakfast while we were there and that was outstanding. Unfortunately we didn't have dinner at Plume; we'll have to save that for the next time. We enjoyed the food at the bar, and the drinks were top notch as well. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning again in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear LILady11,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at The Jefferson. I was pleased to read that the staff was friendly and provided you with assistance on DC activities and dining. I will be sure to pass along your kind words about our Quill staff and we’ll save a seat for you in Plume for when you return!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

From the very first moment of driving up to the front door to the time the car was loaded with our luggage, it was an absolute wonderful experience. The staff, room, food and service was a five star experience. We will definitely stay again.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

From the moment you arrive to the moment that you depart, every personal contact and every detail of our stay was superb. The depth of attention and thought needed to make the guest experience an extraordinary one has rarely been experienced by us at other five star hotels. To add to the delightful experience dine at Plume which well deserves it's critical acclaim.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear alsal,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at The Jefferson. I’m glad that you had the opportunity to dine in Plume and that both our guest rooms and your dining experience exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I've been running events at the Jefferson for several years now but this was my first overnight stay. I was happy to find that the same level of comfort, elegance and efficiency was the standard for lodging.
There seemed to be an issue with my thermostat however and although it read as if the heat was working- it was not. It kept blowing air conditioning all night. In all fairness I must say that I did not being this to their attention. I had settled in and was not looking forward to the prospect of having to change rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 52USTravelerinEU
meredith g, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear 52USTravelerinEU,

I am so glad that after running events at The Jefferson, you finally had the chance to spend the night with us. I was happy to read that your enjoyed your stay but wish that you had informed us of the issue that you had with your HVAC. Please know that our engineering staff would have exhausted all avenues before a room change was recommended.

On behalf of the staff, thank you for your continued support of The Jefferson and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was my first stay at The Jefferson and it completely lived up to its reputation. The hotel is beautiful and welcoming. The staff is incredible, our room was lovely, the bar is cozy, and the little reading room off the lobby is a delight. We had a deluxe room, which I thought was worth the extra price for the additional space.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

After my last stay, I can absolutely say, when in DC, The Jefferson will be our go to the hotel .
The rooms are meticulously clean and the bed extremely comfortable and luxurious. The hotel staff
was friendly and helpful. The weekend bar scene was energetic without being overly loud and the food at the bar was delicious. If offered an upgrade to a suite, I would suggest for the additional fee, it is truly worth it.