We recently stayed at this hotel while attending a conference in DC. The hotel is beautiful and historic (loved the original Jefferson and Adams documents on the wall) and in a great location. The front desk and concierge staff were extremely friendly, accommodating and helpful. The Quill Bar was fantastic as were the cocktails. The only downside to our stay (besides the Spa being all booked up even though we called one week ahead of time) was the relative coldness of the waitstaff . The dining staff (not the bar) never loosened up. It was a brusque and cold service. It took the edge off. After getting used to the good morning/may i help you service of the other staff it was a little off-putting. There was a marked difference in the warmth of the dining staff vs the rest of the hotel. I don't want to be too negative because they were efficient, but it was brusque and cold and not warm and friendly. Despite this we enjoyed our stay and will return but with adjusted expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 99-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc