I found this hotel via expedia and booked for a trip for my husband and myself. The hotel lobby is gorgeous and the sweetest man is there to greet you at the door. The decor is very Washington DC meaning it looks like a mix of old Southern charm with modern colors of gray on gray and cream. The people at the reception area were so nice and professional. I had called the hotel a few months ago because I never received a confirmation from expedia and I needed to change my dates due to some last minute scheduling issues. Apparently the person who took the call was notorious for not doing things correctly and now all they have was my original reservation. They apologized profusely and did everything they could to get us another room. They didn't even need to fix it for us because we made the reservation through expedia. Not only did they get us a room but they upgraded us. The furniture in the room was gorgeous and everything in the room was maticulous. The butler who brought up our luggage gave us a very professional tour of our room and was so nice. I loved the old charm of the hotel. The elevators have the dial to indicate the floor. There's a mail slot where we actually saw a mailman open it with a key to collect the mail. Most neighborhoods don't even have mail delivered to their homes anymore, just a stand in the middle of the cul de sac. The bed was so cumfy and my husband kept raving about the shower. Throughout our stay everyone went out of their way to say hello and offered some of the best service I have ever had. The food is excellent. If you get a chance to eat at their restaurant, Plume, for dinner, the tasting menu is an event you will not soon forget. From beginning to end, it was wonderful. It is not the most economical hotel but it is worth every penny. The hotel is very romantic. The location is unbeatable. The White House is 4 blocks away. We were able to walk almost everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 99-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc