“Service, location, comfort, it had it all!!!”

The Jefferson, Washington DC
Ranked #4 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Houston, Texas
“Service, location, comfort, it had it all!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I found this hotel via expedia and booked for a trip for my husband and myself. The hotel lobby is gorgeous and the sweetest man is there to greet you at the door. The decor is very Washington DC meaning it looks like a mix of old Southern charm with modern colors of gray on gray and cream. The people at the reception area were so nice and professional. I had called the hotel a few months ago because I never received a confirmation from expedia and I needed to change my dates due to some last minute scheduling issues. Apparently the person who took the call was notorious for not doing things correctly and now all they have was my original reservation. They apologized profusely and did everything they could to get us another room. They didn't even need to fix it for us because we made the reservation through expedia. Not only did they get us a room but they upgraded us. The furniture in the room was gorgeous and everything in the room was maticulous. The butler who brought up our luggage gave us a very professional tour of our room and was so nice. I loved the old charm of the hotel. The elevators have the dial to indicate the floor. There's a mail slot where we actually saw a mailman open it with a key to collect the mail. Most neighborhoods don't even have mail delivered to their homes anymore, just a stand in the middle of the cul de sac. The bed was so cumfy and my husband kept raving about the shower. Throughout our stay everyone went out of their way to say hello and offered some of the best service I have ever had. The food is excellent. If you get a chance to eat at their restaurant, Plume, for dinner, the tasting menu is an event you will not soon forget. From beginning to end, it was wonderful. It is not the most economical hotel but it is worth every penny. The hotel is very romantic. The location is unbeatable. The White House is 4 blocks away. We were able to walk almost everywhere.

1 Thank THouseworth
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear THouseworth,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at The Jefferson. I’m glad that you were able to enjoy many of the facets of the hotel from our décor to our fine dining restaurant, Plume. I was also pleased to read that you received excellent customer service from our staff!

We look forward to welcoming you back!

dbueno@jeffersondc.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Arabic first
Kentfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great hotel!! The location is excellent. Wonderful and personalized service. I can't say enough about this hotel. There are several quality restaurants within walking distance. It is also near bus transportation .

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room and to include breakfast.
North Bergen, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

2 mothers and 2 six years old boys had an amazing stay at The Jefferson hotel. Staff was welcoming, warm and helpful throughout our stay, and the facility was gorgeous. We loved the detail mixing the history and modern design.
Didn't expect child friendliness much, however, stuffed animal upon arrival and sweets for turndown were absolutely wonderful touch for our boys!!!
Thank you and please keep up your great job... Will recommend this hotel to whoever tells me going to DC!

2 Thank Hatkitty
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Hatkitty,

I was so pleased to read that both you and your two sons had such a positive stay at The Jefferson. I’m glad your kids enjoyed our children’s amenities and that you experienced friendly service from our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I stayed 3 nights for our honeymoon. We were greeted with a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered cherries. Dinner at Plume was expensive but delicious. Service overall was great. We did have to come inside twice to find the valet driver to take the car. Our only complaint would be the $45 nightly charge for parking. I now understand that is consistent for the area but it is not notated during booking or discussed when checking in.
Mr. and Mrs. Daugherty

• Stayed April 2014
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear ln62747,

Congratulations on your recent marriage! I am pleased to read that your stay with us included great service and that you enjoyed your meal in Plume. I do apologize that you had to wait for our valet staff, I will be following up with our front office manager to see where the disconnect occurred. I will also follow up regarding where our overnight parking rates are noted and how they are communicated to our guests.

We do hope you’ll visit us again for another special occasion!

Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Excellent service and facility. We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend the Jefferson over any other place in DC. Must try the room service for breakfast, it is a little pricey but well worth it. We enjoyed the lemon pancakes and the lobster benedict which were both delicious.

Room Tip: It seems like all the rooms are great, But I would recommend a room on the second floor or higher.
1 Thank mayoliv
Bellingen, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel, fabulous room, reception staff and concierge were very helpful. The best staff member was Naggie with Butler service, who is an asset to the hotel but that is where it stops.

Air con broke, desk chair and small table were wobbly and no iron to just freshen up a shirt.

We only ate once in the restaurant and that was the day we arrived for breakfast. Food was cold, the service was pitiful. I put the lack of service to the fact that 18% gratuity is added to the bill regardless of the quality of the service.

Make sure you have an unlimited credit card as they like to add charges to it. We were told by reception that they take a security deposit of room cost plus $100, for us that would have equalled $1700 but they charge our card over $3000.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CRS55
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear CRS55,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit to the hotel. I’d like to apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. Irons and ironing boards are available by calling the front desk and we also offer one free garment pressing per stay so I am sorry if that was not effectively communicated to you by our front desk staff, I will be sure to follow up with them.

I understand that the issue with your credit card was addressed with our front office and that the mistake was corrected as quickly as possible. I will be following up with our food and beverage staff regarding your breakfast.

Again, I apologize for the troubles that you encountered and can assure you that the service that you experienced is not the level at which we typically operate. I do hope that you will return to give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Dbueno@jeffersondc.com
Davis, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Jefferson Hotel is charming! The service, charm, and amenities definitely make up for the relatively small room size. Everything was top quality with attention to detail; beautiful furnishings, turn down service, attentive staff, and safe walking distance to white house, monuments, and great restaurants. Several gathering spots in the public area of the hotel are also very inviting for a late afternoon or evening glass of wine! The Jefferson is a smaller boutique hotel that packs a lot of punch! Only suggestion for improvement would be to have coffee in the rooms...because truly, every other need is met!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Premiere Room. The room itself was quite small, not a lot of room to move around as t...
1 Thank craic62
Dear craic62,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us and for your kind words about the hotel. I’m glad that you found our location convenient, and that our staff was welcoming and attentive.

We look forward to welcoming you back!