We stayed one night at the Jefferson to celebrate my wife's birthday and Mothers Day. While the overall experience was very nice, there were some detail and execution lacking from a true 5-star experience.
First the positives:
From the initial greeting at the door until we left, the staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. The lobby and restaurant are very elegant and our suite was beautifully appointed. We did experience an issue with our air conditioning system that was fixed while we were at dinner.
How it could have been better:
The Jefferson sent a pre-check in questionnaire. Not only does this allow the hotel to individualize the experience, but also sets an expectation for the arriving guest. The expectations set by the questionnaire along with previous experience in similar Preferred Hotels highlighted some of the service disconnects.
As first time guests, I read online how the hotel caters to children with kids sized bath robes, milk & cookies, games, etc. I was expecting as much when the pre-check-in email asked about our daughters age, name, etc. Other than a small (very much appreciated) stuffed animal offered at check-in, there was nothing else age appropriate.
Another disappointing aspect was the suite itself. The room was nice, but small and overlooked the back alleyway. We were pleased until we visited the suite of our friends that we were dining with. On the same floor, same category, but much larger, brighter, and a spectacular view.
Lastly, the hotel wanted to know if we were celebrating any special occasions. I indicated that in addition to Mothers Day, we were also celebrating my wife's birthday. The staff did wish my wife and our friend a Happy Mothers Day, but there was nothing else to acknowledge the day/s. Having stayed at similar luxury properties, I was surprised that not more was done for the mothers especially as we had both dinner and brunch in the hotel restaurant.
As a footnote, I enrolled in the iPrefer loyalty program prior to booking and booked the suite on the hotel website using my iPrefer account. Today I received an email survey asking about how I liked the iPrefer amenities as part of my stay...
This hotel is set up to be a premier luxury property in Washington, however in my opinion the execution of details of each guests' stay is lacking. To me and my family, the true test is when we return to an area, would we choose the same hotel. In this case, we would try something different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 99-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc