“Gorgeous old world hotel”

The Jefferson, Washington DC
Ranked #4 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Los Angeles
“Gorgeous old world hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel reminds one of quaint luxury hotels in London. The building is 19th century; the decor is 19th century. The hotel does not have a large lobby, but the public rooms are well appointed. There's a gorgeous library with antique books lining the walls and leather armchairs. There' a nice bar, as well.

The rooms are beautifully appointed. Our room was on the small side.

The location is quite good. A 10 minute walk to the White House and the Mall.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WhirlwindTravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Arabic first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

From the moment we arrived, I was sure they staff had confused us for some VIP guests as the service was absolutely spectacular! They anticipated every need we could want, and truly made us feel like royalty. The room was amazing with views of the Washington Monument. The suite was absolutely phenomenal and I was considering declaring squatters rights so we didn't have to leave! I highly recommend the french toast for breakfast, and lunch was also delicious. From here on out, this is the hotel I will measure all other hotels to!

1 Thank DoctorMommyMary
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

All the staff are very attentive with most of needs. Yet, you still need to answer their question about your needs. " Let me know if we could make your stay any better" said's the The Jefferson Hotel employee. I stayed for two nights in a delux king room. Then, I stayed in a king delux suite for five nights. And, let me say, it was magnificent five nights, with the relaxing two quiet nights in the king delux room. Oh yes, be ware of the yet, elegant tubs but, dangerously slippery tubs. I slipped in one of tubs the second night there. I alerted the front desk, while they sent a doctor to my room the following morning. They also put a tub mat which always, came loose in the tub. Any suggestions on the loose mat?

Room Tip: Room in the north were quiet. The rooms in the corner facing east (front of hotel) are large with su...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We traveled to DC for a much-needed vacation. While the room and the hotel itself was nicely amended, it was truly the staff at the Jefferson that made the hotel. All of the staff was friendly... but the concierge staff was outstanding. Chris and Jaqueline were helpful in helping us plan our days and always checked in to see if we enjoyed them. Monti (the ECO) was a little shy, but we enjoyed our visit with him. Overall, a fantastic experience!

2 Thank BBaptiste
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear BBaptiste,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us! I’m glad that our concierge team was able to assist you and provided you with excellent service. As for Monti, we’ll be sure to have a talk with him about his shyness. He can usually be won over with a belly rub!
I do hope you’ll be back to visit us again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Treated my husband to a night away for Fathers Day. Even though we live about three miles away, it was a wonderful stay. I picked based off Trip Advisor reviews and the package with the spa and breakfast. It was awesome!! Hotel and staff were wonderful. Room was very nice, a good size and had all amenities. Staff was super helpful, even got a ride to our dinner. Spa treatments were wonderful. Best facial I've had and my husband loved his massage (he is pretty picky). Breakfast was yummy. All around a perfect 24 hours away and would go back in a second!!

1 Thank Lovetotravelmore1313
Mayo, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I wanted to be pampered for our anniversary and that is exactly how we felt this weekend. Upon on arrival, and throughout our stay, we were always greeted with a smile and congratulations. The hotel itself is immaculate. The staff was attentive and helpful. The rooms were nicely appointed and perfect for the two of us. If we needed anything, even more water, it was delivered to the room within minutes of our request. We took advantage of the on site Petit Spa for a couples massage which we thoroughly enjoyed. Our room rate, a tribute to the troops, included in-room breakfast of which we took full advantage. The short stack of pancakes was huge and the lemon ricotta version was amazing. I do recommend that the fruit compote be requested with the lemon pancakes. I had the regular pancakes the first morning and my wife had the lemon ricotta on day two. The compote was included with mine, as described on the menu, and my wife thought it would be great on the lemon ones as well. There was no hesitation in fulfilling this off-menu request, and she was thrilled with the results. We also enjoyed a fabulous room service lunch. All meals were delivered within 20 minutes of ordering. We also had dinner at the Plume and could not have been happier with the service or the food. There was even a pastillage "Happy Anniversary" message on our desserts.
The Jefferson is the best hotel we have experienced to date. Thank you for a fabulous 25th anniversary weekend!

1 Thank Kevin_whisman
Dear Kevin_whisman,

Happy belated anniversary! 25 years, congratulations! I’m so pleased that you and your wife had a wonderful stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our Petite Spa couple’s treatment room in addition to sampling our food and beverage outlets.
We hope you’ll return to The Jefferson to celebrate another special occasion soon!

Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed 4 nights for the first time tour of Washington D.C. The room is comfy and the bed is good. Its location is also good. Less than 10 minutes walk from White House.

The hotel is well decorated, but does not have the grandeur of hotel like Williard Intercontinental.
Eight out of ten times we have to open the door to enter or exit the lobby, as there is no door men standing at the door.

Other than the above, there is not much to complain about.

Room Tip: Generally speaking, the hotel room is good.
2 Thank Wan806
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Wan806,
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location to suit your needs while in Washington, DC. I apologize for the lack of presence from our doormen during your stay; I will be sure to follow up with our Front Office Manager to make sure we are sufficiently staffed.
I do hope you will return to The Jefferson the next time you are in Washington, DC.