“Hospitality at its best”

The Jefferson, Washington DC
Ranked #2 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 26 June 2014

So good to return to the Jefferson.
From the greeting at the entrance, to the congenial check in, to the world class room services,
wonderful kitchen, private car services, personal greetings from all of the staff, to a flawless
check out - what a dream!
My wife left a binder in the room, and a quick phone call had the package shipped home before our arrival!
The team is superior in all respects.

1  Thank Jim1947
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Jim1947,

So good to have you back! Thank you for your kind words about The Jefferson. I’m so pleased to read that you and your wife experienced great service from our staff and that we were able to reunite you with the items left in your room.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the Jefferson and could not have been happier with out choice of hotel. We have stayed in a number of DC hotels over the years, including the Willard, and the Jefferson surpasses all in warmth, elegance, comfort, and service. The room (a double queen) was simply lovely, spacious, and spotless. The concierges were top notch and went beyond what we anticipated in helping us arrange our days. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch and breakfast in their courtyard restaurant, as well as a very generous room service dessert late one evening. We also tucked into the hotel's library to read and meet other guests. What a memorable weekend-in all the good ways. Finally, while the entire staff was superb, Ana at the front desk was particularly helpful. This hotel receives my utmost recommendation; my husband and I cannot wait to return.

2  Thank Debra F
Reviewed 23 June 2014

It just does not get any nicer than this. We spent the night here for our 16th wedding anniversary and it was exceptional from start to finish. We had a couples massage, an extraordinary room with beautiful appointments, and room service in the morning that included lobster eggs Benedict that was the perfect finish to the weekend.

Room Tip: Choose the upgrade to the suite with a private bathtub built for 2. It is worth it!
1  Thank jwbryson
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear jwbryson,

Happy anniversary! I’m so glad that you were able to celebrate this special occasion at The Jefferson and that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Sincerely

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I travel often to the DC area, at least once per year, and can now say without reservation that the Jefferson may be my new favorite area hotel!

The location is just about perfect. It is just a short walk away from Dupont Circle, the White House, and the National Mall (you can even see the White House from the sidewalk in front of the hotel). The hotel itself is ornate yet curiously understated; a delicate blend of old school luxury and modern amenity without being overly ostentatious. The food was superb and the room was splendid; I'll even admit a child-like reaction to the television embedded into the bathroom mirror (allowing me to watch my morning news while getting ready for the day). Even various little things were evident and added a cherry atop this dessert of a hotel: soft classical music was playing on the radio when I entered the room, there was a personalized note on the executive desk welcoming me to the hotel, and more!

But ultimately the real selling point at the Jefferson is the staff. This crew may be the single most attentive and courteous bunch I've ever enjoyed. They were inquisitive without being agitating, extremely helpful, and always professional.

I will definitely stay at the Jefferson again and will heartily recommend it to others!

1  Thank BryanHealey

Dear Bryan H,

Such kind words for The Jefferson, thank you! I’m so pleased that you found our location to be convenient and that you enjoyed our in-mirror televisions in the bathroom and that you found our staff to be attentive and courteous.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel reminds one of quaint luxury hotels in London. The building is 19th century; the decor is 19th century. The hotel does not have a large lobby, but the public rooms are well appointed. There's a gorgeous library with antique books lining the walls and leather armchairs. There' a nice bar, as well.

The rooms are beautifully appointed. Our room was on the small side.

The location is quite good. A 10 minute walk to the White House and the Mall.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WhirlwindTravel
Reviewed 20 June 2014

From the moment we arrived, I was sure they staff had confused us for some VIP guests as the service was absolutely spectacular! They anticipated every need we could want, and truly made us feel like royalty. The room was amazing with views of the Washington Monument. The suite was absolutely phenomenal and I was considering declaring squatters rights so we didn't have to leave! I highly recommend the french toast for breakfast, and lunch was also delicious. From here on out, this is the hotel I will measure all other hotels to!

1  Thank DoctorMommyMary
Reviewed 20 June 2014

All the staff are very attentive with most of needs. Yet, you still need to answer their question about your needs. " Let me know if we could make your stay any better" said's the The Jefferson Hotel employee. I stayed for two nights in a delux king room. Then, I stayed in a king delux suite for five nights. And, let me say, it was magnificent five nights, with the relaxing two quiet nights in the king delux room. Oh yes, be ware of the yet, elegant tubs but, dangerously slippery tubs. I slipped in one of tubs the second night there. I alerted the front desk, while they sent a doctor to my room the following morning. They also put a tub mat which always, came loose in the tub. Any suggestions on the loose mat?

Room Tip: Room in the north were quiet. The rooms in the corner facing east (front of hotel) are large with su...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo