“Great Hotel in DC”

The Jefferson, Washington DC
Ranked #4 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 30 August 2014

The Jefferson is a lovely historic hotel. The rooms are very nice with huge bathrooms. The hotel staff was top rate,very helpful in giving you tips about where to go and what to see. It was our first visit to DC so we had no idea where to go,but the concierge gave great recommendations for dinners in the area. The bellmen were very attentive, they even had a house car that took us to the White House the morning of our tour. Everything was first rate at this hotel. Loved the experience and can't wait to have the opportunity to go back and visit again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the higher floor which was very quiet and away from a lot of street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VickyV1211
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear VickyV1211,

I am so glad that you chose to stay at The Jefferson on your first trip to Washington, DC! I was pleased to read that our concierge staff was able to provide you with recommendations for dinner and that you had the opportunity to use our complimentary house car when sightseeing.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

dbueno@jeffersondc.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed 30 August 2014

You can't go wrong with this place. Wonderful rooms and all service staff were great. Extremely clean & restaurant has some amazing food at reasonable prices. The rooms are expensive but well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My wife and I recently completed a two night stay at this nice boutique hotel. The service was friendly and our upgraded room was very nice. The restaurant was closed for dinner so you had to take food service in the bar after breakfast. The bar was very dark and my martini arrived with the glass only about 70% full. They need to either mix a larger drink or get smaller martini glasses as it appears they at are shorting their customers at a hefty price. But a nice hotel with friendly staff and excellent rooms certainly worthwhile. Breakfast good and food taken in the bar was good when I could see what I was eating.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear jlfraley,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our service to be friendly and that you enjoyed your room upgrade. I will be sure to follow up with our bar staff regarding your martini to ensure that this doesn’t happen again.

I do hope that you will stay with us again should you find yourself in our nation's capital.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

My young daughter and I stayed at The Jefferson for a two night "before school" getaway. The hotel is small, but mighty. It is beautifully decorated and very elegant yet cozy. It was immaculate at all times of the day (an amazing feat considering we saw no cleaning staff). The food is superb. The rooms are a bit on the small side, but beds and baths are very rich and luxurious. Lots of personal touches, from the handwritten welcome note to the turn down with robes, soft lighting and classical music. The staff made us feel like we were the most important guests on site. Truly a special place. We will definitely be back, but I am afraid my 11 year old will not be satisfied with another chain hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear njromer,

Sounds like your daughter has great taste in hotels! I’m so pleased you both had a pleasant stay with us and that our staff made you feel right at home.

We hope to welcome you and your daughter back again soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Among the best hotels I have stayed in anywhere: great rooms, outstanding service, nice bar and restaurant. I have stayed here several times for business but would also consider staying for a personal trip.

Room Tip: Every room I have stayed in is at least very nice. Some of the suites are extraordinary: spacious...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PDMATH01
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear PDMATH01,

I hope you have the chance to stay here for a leisure trip sometime soon! We look forward to welcoming you back and appreciate your kind words about the hotel including our service and food and beverage offerings.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came back to the Jefferson for our second time. The rooms are beautiful with a large bathroom with a soaking tub and separate shower. The service is top notch. There are so many people here to respond for such a small property. Also, a great location to walk to do many different areas.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The most impressive aspect was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The hotel was spotlessly clean and so comfortable. A wonderful oasis to return to after touring all day. I would not look for another hotel in Washington.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Roy A,

I’m so pleased that you chose to stay at The Jefferson during your visit to Washington, DC. I will be sure to pass along your kind words about the friendliness of our staff!
Should you find yourself in the states again, we hope to welcome you back to The Jefferson!